The Good Witch

The Good Witch

A Story by Abishai100
"

Laura, a UCLA professor and Wiccan, travels to the jungles of India with her team to expose an underground diamond trade threatening a gorilla habitat!

"
I've returned from retirement to offer an environment fable of particular interest to me, inspired by the modern film Gorillas in the Mist, which I like watching with my girlfriend! Thanks so much for reading,
====

Laura traveled to India where the rumored illicit diamond trade sprung up in the jungle had created threat to gorilla environments. She was an anthropologist from UCLA who wanted to protect the natural environments on Earth threatened by piracy. Laura, an Irish-American professor and secret practicing Wiccan/witch, was interested to see cross-sections of culture and underground capitalism in India.



Now, you might wonder if there really is such a thing as a 'good witch' but Laura, an Irish-American Wiccan in the USA, really was a good witch in the mdoern world. She wanted to protect the environment of jungle gorillas in India threatened by the emerged illicit diamond trade which involved invasion into wildlife habitats and pirate-like trolling in the jungle. Laura wanted to be sure the gorillas in the Indian jungle were protected from man's new vanities and sought to put a 'curse' on this dangerous new modern activity.



Laura was familiar with Indian and American capital and consumerism of course, since she'd attended a special Hollywood/Bollywood co-event in LA about the depiction of witchcraft and sorcery in modern world cinema. She was versed in the idea of alternative folklore and how it impacted social perspective and populism consciousness. She wanted to learn more about India's investments in folklore and capitalism.



Laura took with her to this Indian jungle mission her two UCLA assistant professors Ted and Theresa Randle, a newly married handsome young couple who were not actually practicing Wiccans! Laura and her team went to New Delhi (India) on American Airlines and then took a royal train to the city of Agra which was beside the jungle where the rumored underground Indian diamond trade was being conducted. Ted and Theresa were excited to be Laura's special team-players in this awesome jungle mission.



In Agra, the trio met a Romanian witch who lived right outside Agra. This rather eccentric female witch named Shelbye told them the jungle diamond mining and trade in India was becoming as dangerous and lucrative as the trade/activity in Sierra Leone and that the jungle environment was therefore going be completely altered, much to the detriment of the jungle gorillas. Laura was impressed with Shelbye's knowledge but quickly surmised Shelbye was actually an 'evil witch' or dark presence seeking to exploit the diamond trade in the jungle to create capitalism chants designed to bring out the natural sinfulness of modern man. Laura decided to yank her team away from the negative influence of the black witch Shelbye!



Now, Agra was a famed ancient city in India with marvelous architecture from a bygone era of opulence and religion. However, the jungle outside Agra was now cursed with this gorilla-environment threatened illicit diamond trade. Laura and her team wondered how they'd merge Indian traditions with new age piracy consciousness in the new millennium.



The diamond-trade in India meanwhile had become a giant obelisk of capitalism and piracy, rivaling major centers of activity in Africa. This was not organic farming by any means, and Laura wanted to write a book at UCLA about environmental deformity called Jungle Book.



The diamond miners were linked to diamond speculators in India who were linked to diamond value centers comprised of corrupt officers and laborers. This was an intricate business devoted to the mining of the precious stone for markets created 'miraculously' from the underground!



Would Laura the good witch of UCLA succeed in writing her special expose-novel Jungle Book for modern students of environmental deformity?



Laura and her team met a beautiful Indian anthropologist in Agra named Asha who told them she was intrigued by Irish folklore and Irish politics and the links between Irish sociocultural imagination and Indian sociocultural imagination. The Irish, like the Indians, had engaged in a revolutionary war of independence against the British Empire and were focused on the aftermath of colonial resistance in an emerging capitalist world. Ireland was a natural green land, and India was a land of rivers and jungles and old cities. Asha told Laura and her team she'd accompany them on their mission into the Indian jungle to expose the underground dangerous diamond trade.



Laura and her team discovered various levels and groups of miners and pirates in the jungle reminding them of the various depictions of diamond pirate activity around the world and in symbolic places such as Africa. They took dozens of photographs, which Laura intended to present to UCLA and National Geographic!



Would such a dangerous but profitable underground activity be challenged by the likes of idealistic modern-day scholars and activists such as Laura and her team in India? Would the diamond trade be exposed as an activity of marshal darkness?



Laura and Asha met an intelligent Indian teacher in Agra named Isaac Satan who'd worked with the CIA in exposing underground ties between the world illicit diamond trade and politically corrupt bodies around the globe. The diamond trade was potentially going to become as pronounced and polluting as the international narcotics traffic. Isaac Satan was a knight working with diamond trade hubs as a crusader for environmental defense!



Isaac Satan made blogs with himself posed as a radical activist and citing and referencing war-toys as modern symbols of a negative human imagination! He intended to tie together the imagination and consciousness behind capitalism piracy and diamond trade to general widescale political apathy and corruption. He was a real-life superhero.



Isaac Satan kept with him a smart little IRA doll given to him by a craftswoman in Belfast (Northern Ireland) while he was there on a CIA mission in 2010. This little IRA doll, which he named, Diamond, was a symbol of his devotion to new age sociocultural activism. Isaac wanted to connect politics to religion and culture and therefore revive a human passion towards commerce and fashion!



Laura and her team learned there was a long history of strong financial backing of underground pirate activity that threatened natural environments. This was a layered human enterprise that yielded all sorts of basic and primal but 'sophisticated' civilization darkness!



Laura and Asha decided to create a blog about the ties between Indian fashion and aesthetics with ethical commercial enterprise, citing the Asian-Indian women's saree dress as symbolic of ancient values. The saree resembled the Greek toga, and Laura and Asha used green sarees to loosely talk about how Indian and Irish rebellions against British rule and imperialism might represent folk interests in the 'aesthetics' of diarism. Such imagination would counter the piracy-imagination of the underground jungle diamond trade in India!



How can one resist the darkness in the world veiled by the opulence and hypnotic beauty of fancy and rare stones and gems and emeralds and diamonds? These treasures reminded people of the value of piracy, and Laura and her team considered it their prime mission to use ethics and imagination to counter this new 'brand' of deformity!



Many women had worked in the past to protect Earth's natural environments, but how many of these 'good witches' would inspire Laura and her team, and could Laura succeed in delivering deliverance to this new culture of piracy and danger?



Laura prompted a local comic book artist to generate a Sheena (Marvel Comics) tale about the jungle-heroine working with diamond merchants and against diamond pirates to protect 'gorillas in the mist' of modern corruption. The comic sold millions of copies in India while Laura and her team were there taking exposing photographs for UCLA and National Geographic!



LAURA: This is an Earth mission which turns us into comic book 'characters' and 'good witches' in a crusade to protect basic human values; we don't want gorillas to think their fellow planet creatures (men and women!) are nothing more than conquistadors.



NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC: We support Laura and her team's mission but hope her courageous endeavor doesn't put her life at serious risk, since, as she's revealed, the underground world diamond trade is mixed with black layers of deadly governance.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

more money made from thieves than wall street,she saved the gorillas,and a good witch,

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 26, 2020
Last Updated on June 26, 2020
Tags: Diamond Trade, Piracy, Jungle, India

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Sorsha Sorsha

A Story by Abishai100