Shelbye

Shelbye

A Story by Abishai100
"

A D.C. pub-owner, ex-CIA, meets a Belfast network agent named Shelbye and engages in a love-triangle with her and his half-brother Martin while she works with U.K. dimes!

"
Here's a nice pluralism diary inspired by the Alan J. Pakula film 
The Devil's Own. Thanks for reading!

====

We've been marketing McDonnells Original Irish Curry Sauce in-a-can for years in Dublin (Ireland) and Belfast (Northern Ireland). In fact, exotic goods in Irish markets have become commonplace in this new era of great commerce and pluralism networking. All that stands in the way of this new vision of globalization now is just terrorism.



After 9/11, the world became on-edge about the flavor of anti-capitalism sentiment, after fundamentalist terrorists crashed two hijacked passenger-travel commercial airplanes into the World Trade Center in NYC, sending it to ashes and rubble and leading to the deaths of many people in the USA. Now, the idea of globalization chat has been colored with the complicated talk of traffic terrorism and retaliatory police/military violence all directed towards various inter-religious conflicts in the new millennium. In Northern Ireland, this inter-religious schism is between Protestants (British) and Catholics (Irish).



My name's Isaac Satan. I'm an Algerian-American and ex-CIA operative living in D.C. I used to coordinate special underground missions involving P-IRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army), which sought to destabilize British police/military strongholds in Belfast to draw more attention to socioeconomic disparities in Northern Ireland that catalyzed tensions between Protestants and Catholics, and Parliament. Now, I manage a small Republican sympathizer visited Irish-American pub-and-eatery in D.C. called The Irishman. Even though I'm Algerian by heritage, I have relatives who were involved in the FLN revolution against French colonial rule in Algeria and therefore can relate spiritually to the plight of Protestants and Catholics seeking to endure this inter-religious hell in the U.K. As manager of the D.C. establishment The Irishman, I see lots of traffic from the world, customers who're travelers meeting at my nexus-pub to talk treason-and-therapy. I'm proud of my life.



Last month, we received a new regular customer at The Irishman. She's Shelbye Collins, a female agent working with both P-IRA and Sinn Fein, the legal and nonviolent 'wing' of the Irish Republican Army. Shelbye's Irish by heritage, her family hailing from Belfast, and the CIA's given her the code-name Siren. Siren's mission is to coordinate various sympathy-finance groups in North America that are working to fund bipartisan initiatives between Sinn Fein and Parliament and therefore between Protestants and Catholics. Shelbye/Siren is smart and sassy, and I've fallen in love with her!



My half-brother Martin, a stand-up comedian in D.C., is also in love with Shelbye/Siren. In fact, we now have a three-way love-triangle ensuing. I'm furious, because Martin doesn't deserve Shelbye. He's too flippant and lackadaisical, but I believe I can offer Shelbye a stable life in D.C. However, Martin insists my past history with the CIA/P-IRA may add too much complexity to Shelbye's otherwise focused life! This love-triangle might drive Martin and me apart, which would be its own brand of anti-American comedy.



Shelbye/Siren is busy making some interesting new finance contacts for her North American mission through the respected East Coast (USA) Catholic university, Seton Hall, renowned for its commitment to teaching and student-athletics. The Protestant-Catholic inter-religious student organization The Charter at Seton Hall has network links to various inter-religious missionary finance groups in America. That's what sent Shelbye/Siren to the Seton Hall campus, to create some promising American networks for her work in Belfast.



Belfast (Northern Ireland) is hell. Generations of British Protestant settlers descended from colonialists believe they have a statistical right to habitate in Northern Ireland as the population majority, but the Irish Catholic minority population who've lived in Northern Ireland for centuries past consider the partition of mainland Ireland and the isolation of the Catholic minority in the Belfast area a clear sign of socioeconomic stress in the U.K. This has created multiple layers of Catholic resistance and Protestant police violence. As the IRA has engaged in various forms of armed terrorism, British reporters have tried to criminalize the IRA further in the press, suggesting there's no diction to this Protestant-Catholic dream fear!



As I watched Shelbye/Siren collect more and more money for her various CIA/P-IRA intiatives back in Northern Ireland, I tried to spend as much romantic time as I could with her, but all the while my American half-brother Martin was also sneaking in love-time with her. This made Shelbye's life quite odd, I have no doubt, but I can't help feeling selfish and wanting to hoard whatever time I might have to spend with her to convince her to stay with me in D.C. and marry me! However, all I notice lately is her bags of money, which I'm sure is being used to finance more anti-military campaigns in Belfast.



The level and number of guns available on the black market today is staggering. Terrorists aren't the only shoppers. Druglords and their street enforcers also purchase black market guns. It's unfortunate that those working with Sinn Fein face the realistic problem of IRA platforms being too quickly criminalized, leading to sentimental underground notions of hasty sociopolitical trends counter-productive to human passions. This sort of sentiment only leads to more terrorism and retaliatory and arguably 'natural' police brutality/violence. It's a vicious cycle, and I worry deeply now for Shelbye.



I was the one who drove Shelbye to the international airport and watched her board her Aer Lingus flight to Dublin when she was ready to return to the U.K. to resume her work there with the CIA. Martin was not there. I tried to persuade Shelbye/Siren to return to D.C. soon and find me and re-establish romantic contact. She told me she couldn't make any promises, and all I could do was simply wonder and wait and wish that this gorgeous Irish girl would return to my den in America!



Scotland Yard police detest the IRA. English female Prime-Minister (PM) Margaret Thatcher attempted to completely criminalize the IRA, portraying them as maniacs and serial-killers, and then the IRA attempted to assassinate her! Scotland Yard is the English equivalent of the FBI, and the Scotland Yard policemen track down IRA as if they were rascals-of-hellfire. This is a real modern problem and a real modern obstacle to peaceful globalized traffic in this new dawn of capitalism, right?



Will Shelbye Collins return to me or get swallowed up in this new 'vision' of anti-globalization complication in the U.K. Humanity is no stranger to alienation and warfare, and I keep wondering if Shelbye/Siren is suited to be my wife or to remain a sentinel of Northern Ireland hellfire. I need her, and I think I love her, and I even confess privately that my half-brother Martin is in love with her; I fear for her ties to real world darkness. This is hell.



The Dublin financiers and capitalists are planning the construction of an elaborate new galleria-mall called Traffic which will host numerous iconic brand-name stores and eateries and other amenity-booths in a very modern structure right in the heart of Ireland. This is the sort of commercial traffic that demands we find ways to destroy the evil of terrorism. We have to erase the Protestant-Catholic deformity that threatens the very heart of capitalism diaries.



I decided to purchase for my adopted son Rufus the Irish-themed video-game Mega Man: IRA.  This inventive alternative combat-and-adventure game features an Irish Mega-Man involved in various Belfast labyrinths and dealing with the evil machinations of 'super men' who seek tod destabilize relations between Sinn Fein and Parliament through the use of street warfare and dark weaponry. Mega Man: IRA is the modern equivalent of Carmen Sandiego, and I hope Rufus considers this educational modern media!



GREEN SHADOW: I've been an underground operative of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (P-IRA) for years now in Belfast, and I consider these interests in forging ties with Sinn Fein for more peaceful Parliament talk both idealistic and problematic. If such romance is never translated into concreate socioeconomic improvements for the Catholic minority in Northern Ireland, there can never be harmonious lifestyle sanity regarding Protestant-Catholic dystopia in Belfast. That's why we agents of the new Irish Republican Army continue to hope that endeavors in D.C. and North America will facilitate continued U.K. dimensions!

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on June 27, 2020
Last Updated on June 27, 2020
Tags: Irish Politics, Romance, UK, North America

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Town-Beryl Town-Beryl

A Story by Abishai100