She's the One

She's the One

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two Americans meet and share their passion for college football but are then cast in a competition when they cross paths with a beautiful waitress they both adore.

"
One last lighthearted vignette to dilute some of the political weight of my neo-liberal short-stories, and this American Dream dandy was inspired by the film She's the One.
====

Isaac Satan was CIA/P-IRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army) liaison to British Parliament in the UK in the year 2020. An Algerian-American, Isaac developed interests in international customs at Dartmouth College. Tom Cruise was a media star in America, making socially relevant and culturally symbolic Hollywood movies like Born on the 4th of July and American Made. Isaac was a big fan o Notre Dame Fightin' Irish NCAA college football. Cruise was a fan of the University of Miami Hurricanes NCAA college football. Notre Dame boasted Joe Montana in its rich history, while Miami boasted Bernie Kosar in its rich history in the NCAA. Isaac and Cruise met at a Notre Dame-Miami game in the autumn of 2021.



CRUISE: It seems college football draws great crowds nowadays!
ISAAC: Yes; I think television has contributed to that a great deal.
CRUISE: There're lots of pretty cheerleaders at this game, no?
ISAAC: Sure; televised media games demand rich entertainment value!
CRUISE: How long you been a Notre Dame fan, Isaac?
ISAAC: Ever since 7th grade, man.
CRUISE: I've been a Hurricanes fan since high-school.
ISAAC: Cool.
CRUISE: I got a customized college football game featuring only team mascots.
ISAAC: Oh, neat; so like the Hurricanes' duck versus the Notre Dame leprechaun?
CRUISE: Exactly; pretty fun.
ISAAC: Video-game represent all the media glitter of this new era, Tom.
CRUISE: Are you a video-game aficionado?
ISAAC: I like spy games and war-games; reminds me of my work.
CRUISE: Interesting; these televised college games remind me of cinema!



Notre Dame and Miami had a very exciting game that day. Notre Dame held the lead up to the very end, 28-21, but the Hurricanes then scored a final touchdown and then achieved the 2-point conversion extra score to win the game 29-28. This was vintage NCAA college football and when the TV cameras flashed on Tom Cruise sitting in the stadium in the fan-crowd cheering for the Hurricanes and wearing a Miami hat, the same camera recorded Isaac Satan standing right next to him, cheering in a gold Notre Dame hat!



Notre Dame is a proud Catholic university boasting a rich NCAA college football program. Many Irish Catholics in America are supporters and patrons of the storied American school.



Miami is a major well-financed American university in Florida. It boasts a stellar NCAA college football program in a competitive conference that makes strong schools, especially Florida and Florida State, its televised thrilling rivals.



ISAAC: I'm feeling like Green Arrow cheering for all this Notre Dame Fightin' Irish stuff on television while working for the government in Northern Ireland to bring political relief for the terrible Protestant-Catholic deformity in the United Kingdom.



CRUISE: I'm feeling like Green Hornet cheering for the Miami Hurricanes on television while endorsing all this new era media glitter about American culture and aesthetics and consumerism and entertainment after having made the films American Made and Minority Report!



Isaac and Cruise developed a brotherly friendship. Then, suddenly, while eating at the pub after the college football game, the attractive redhead waitress tending to their special table caught both their eyes. This waitress was an Irish-American beauty named Theresa Collins. She told Isaac and Cruise she was originally from Belfast (Northern Ireland) but moved to America to study literature at Notre Dame. Isaac and Cruise realized they both were attracted to Theresa, and suddenly their American bond was threatened by the charms of a darling woman!



ISAAC: I'll win this contest, Cruise.
CRUISE: Dream on, Isaac; Theresa's mine!
ISAAC: No way; she's a Notre Dame fan like me.
CRUISE: Forget it; I'll make a spy-film about Belfast.
ISAAC: You'll need my notes.
CRUISE: Our brotherhood is undermined by raw passion.
ISAAC: We each pursue the American Dream.
CRUISE: May the best man win!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on July 1, 2020
Last Updated on July 1, 2020
Tags: Movie Fan-Fiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing