Playboy: The A.I. Doctorate

Playboy: The A.I. Doctorate

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two A.I. robots named Cyclonus and Agus evaluate the parametrics of censorship and media in human civilization to appreciate the social weight of dollars.

"
One final post-retirement vignette (I promise this time!), and this one is a sci-fi oriented social research story about censorship and Western media, rather appropriate for our modern era of great networking and entertainment design. Thanks so much for reading (and enjoy!),
----


====
Two robots from an A.I. planet visited Earth's moon and began spying on human civilization. These two robots were Cyclonus, a Machiavellian jet-fighter, and Agus, a valiant space-pilot. Cyclonus and Agus noted that America was the world's official Big Brother in politics and commerce and were intrigued by American standards and trends. They noted that Americans championed ideas about media networks and free-speech consumerism in the 21st Century and trumpeted social totems such as Facebook, a networking website with advertisements, and Wall Street, a global trading highway. Cyclonus and Agus considered how Americans also considered the controversies surrounding free-speech in modern media and networks and how intrigue surrounding complicated politics and even racy pornography could somehow cloud new age considerations about information and fashion exchange. They decided to debate about pornography and censorship specifically!
----
CYCLONUS: The American pornography magazine company Playboy is iconic and symbolic, no?
AGUS: Yes, Playboy represents a Western attitude towards free-speech consumerism and entertainment.
CYCLONUS: Yet, there lingers those pesky concerns about censorship and conservative values.
AGUS: Even in America, there are conservative groups such as the Christian Coalition that remain wary!
CYCLONUS: So, despite all this melee about pornography in the free-market, there's still haziness.
AGUS: Sure, but does that really discount the social value of free-speech economics among humans?
CYCLONUS: No, I agree, not really; it's true that Playboy remains a consumerism institution.
AGUS: Just imagine then that an unmarried single woman at home is reading Playboy on her own.
CYCLONUS: So?
AGUS: She sees images of women or even perhaps men and women together in alluring and revealing poses!
CYCLONUS: So?
AGUS: She's not offended necessarily just because she's single and not involved in an intimate relationship!
CYCLONUS: So, you're implying that Playboy can cater to a wide range of interests.
AGUS: This suggests that Playboy in America is conducive for free-speech debates among many groups.
CYCLONUS: Yes, I suppose liberals and conservatives would both find this hypothetical woman intriguing.
AGUS: Why then would censorship ever become an unbearable burden for Western capitalism?
CYCLONUS: Well, there's no reason to assume that the woman does not feel spiritually tested!
AGUS: Tested?
CYCLONUS: Yes, after all, reading and seeing the graphic images in Playboy stirs deep thoughts in her.
AGUS: Sure, but doesn't the function of consumerism seem to be the defense of private liberties?
CYCLONUS: I suppose it's true that Playboy can serve as both a catalyst and a dispelling vehicle for antagonism.
AGUS: That's the point; Playboy is both accessible...and demonstrative!
CYCLONUS: In that case, let's conclude that Playboy (and American consumerism) drive intelligence.
AGUS: Intelligence...and dollar-driven imagination!
CYCLONUS: I think this research has proven to be quite informative regarding systemic d.
AGUS: I agree; let's go home, pal.
----

After this rather exciting debate about the quality and weight of American consumerism and the social imagination value of the pornography magazine company Playboy, the two A.I. robots Cyclonus and Agus returned to their home planet which was very very far away. They reported to their colleagues on their home planet that human civilization on Earth was rather both dialogic and discourse-rich when it came to the elucidation of capitalism mechanisms and how these mechanisms informed social consciousness. They'd decided that the right to access controversial media reflected a sociocultural investment in the complexity of free-market dialogue and with the right dose of social observation, a consumerism-rich arena such as American capitalism could become a 'stadium' for rather intriguing mental diaries. This was universal research, arguably!
====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The premise reminds me of some discussions I had with an economics grad student. Those were some inspirational times.

As for pornography, none of us would be here today without sex, so it is only natural that our species is fascinated by it. What baffles me is why acts that could result in death are not as censored as acts that could result in life.

I was raised Catholic, but I never felt in my heart that pornography was wrong. I think being "spiritually tested" is a good thing, as going out of our comfort zones is an opportunity for growth and understanding other humans better.

This is your most interesting piece yet, though I think you missed an opportunity to play with the alien abduction and anal probing trope. Seeing an abduction from the aliens' perspective could lead down a very interesting path if done right.

Happy writing, and thanks for inviting me to review your final piece!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i guess it is the right time to consider,i mean robots are taking over some jobs now,and porn i guess will always be a part of sex for some ,i was reading an article today where the woman had to have pain to feel pleasure go figure

Posted 3 Years Ago


The premise reminds me of some discussions I had with an economics grad student. Those were some inspirational times.

As for pornography, none of us would be here today without sex, so it is only natural that our species is fascinated by it. What baffles me is why acts that could result in death are not as censored as acts that could result in life.

I was raised Catholic, but I never felt in my heart that pornography was wrong. I think being "spiritually tested" is a good thing, as going out of our comfort zones is an opportunity for growth and understanding other humans better.

This is your most interesting piece yet, though I think you missed an opportunity to play with the alien abduction and anal probing trope. Seeing an abduction from the aliens' perspective could lead down a very interesting path if done right.

Happy writing, and thanks for inviting me to review your final piece!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2020
Last Updated on September 26, 2020
Tags: Censorship, America, Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100