American Hustle

American Hustle

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two wily FBI agents challenge the drug regime of evil Ed Nash in Mexico and must combine wits, wires, and a mini-heist, to undo Nash's reputation.

"
One more politically/culturally-conscious (pseudo)heist vignette, inspired by the awesome new era film American Hustle (Christian Bale). Thanks so much for reading, 
----

----
 
====
Tom Hale and Isaac Satan were two American agents working for the FBI in the post-Coronavirus years. They were assigned the task of infiltrating the notorious drug empire in Mexico of the infamous Ed Nash, who had no name or family relations to the Eddie Nash of the 1970s, the notorious/iconic LA nightclub owner tangled in the 1981 Wonderland Murders involving porn-king John Holmes. No, this Ed Nash in Mexico was a pure drug czar, and Tom and Isaac were the FBI agents ordered to scour the bordertowns and undertowns of Mexico to root out his narcotics criminal enterprise.

Tom and Isaac had worked together for years before being assigned by the FBI to the Ed Nash case in Mexico. Tom and Isaac were working in Chicago prior to this case, posing as masked bank robbers in order to infiltrate a heinous bank robbing gang called Red Hood who was slashing people with machetes during bank robberies. Tom and Isaac brought Red Hood to its knees but not before having to operate multiple wily masked robberies themselves to gain the respect of the criminal underworld. Tom and Isaac therefore had a rather impressive resume heading into this Ed Nash case involving narcotics traffic in modern-day Mexico.

Tom and Isaac both went to the same high-school, Eastern High-School in New Jersey. They both dated young women who were members and captains of the girls' field-hockey team which was ranked #1 in the nation at the time. Tom and Isaac developed a deep appreciation for American culture and teamwork and community values during these formative years in high-school and decided their work with the FBI would reflect this general social fascination with iconic American beauty.

Tom and Isaac were also involved in a CIA-linked case tracking a rogue ex-IRA terrorist who flew into LAX on Aer Lingus airlines carrying explosives hidden in the soles of his shoes. Tom and Isaac worked as FBI undercover agents in mustache and beard disguises following around this terrorist alongside two CIA agents in LA pretending to be mercenary-terrorists. This too was another feather in the hat of Tom and Isaac before their Ed Nash narcotics case in Mexico was assigned conspicuously!

Of course, at the time, Americans were making luminous and symbolic films about American crime, society, fashion, traffic, consumerism, and pluralism politics, including Milk and The Post. These films captured all the intrigue of new era traffic and how Coronavirus-years contributed to dystopian fears. This is what Tom and Isaac hoped to dilute in this Ed Nash narcotics case in Mexico.

ED NASH: "I'm certain those American pig cops have assigned like two young dutiful handsome men to chase and track me, but my narcotics empire is beyond doubt, and no one will stop the likes of me, especially in this profitable age of great gold...and drugs!"

TOM: I believe we can stop this guy.
ISAAC: We should steal some of his infamous gold coins.
TOM: Why?
ISAAC: If his underground prestige is undermined, his power will wane!
TOM: Interesting cop tactic, Isaac.
ISAAC: May Christ be with us, brother!

Isaac's wife hated this idea after he blurted it to her while drunk after sex and dinner one night while on vacation from his FBI assignment. She simply told him, "Ed Nash will cut your head off and bury it in the sand if you don't pull off this power-humiliating heist, honey." However, Isaac wouldn't be budged, even by his beautiful American wife, Shelbye.

Tom and Isaac headed to Mexico in an FBI owned blue Lamborghini. They were headed to the estate of Ed Nash in Mexico. This was their finest hour.

Ed Nash was an older man now and loved toys and especially remote-controlled flying vehicles. When Tom and Isaac arrived at Ed's estate in Mexico, pretending to be fashion journalists and photographers, they found him playing with his toys. They watched as he played and hoped he'd court an interview inside his estate.

Ed's young mistress, dressed in Native-American gear was crouched down in the grass-fields while Ed was playing with his toy helicopter. Tom noticed her and walked over to her and asked her why she was involved with Nash's ruthless narcotics regime, since Tom was instantly in love with his ravishing young woman. She whispered to him, "Help me get away from Nash, and I'll be your girl!"

Inside the Mexican estate, Nash told Tom and Isaac of his vast labyrinth of drug-runners and minions who spanned all of Mexico and much of California. This was first-rate modern-day world evil. Tom and Isaac were stunned. Nash told the two young men he was storing tons of authentic vintage gold coins in a box in his bedroom. Nash also told Tom and Isaac that they wouldn't want to cross paths with the likes of his ghoul army. While Nash was chatting, Isaac slipped into Nash's bedroom and stole the gold coins from his box, about 1/3 of the contents, later estimated to be worth over $20 million. What Tom and Isaac learned about Nash's regime would stun the FBI for years to come.

TOM: We got the interview we wanted.
ISAAC: We got the gold we wanted.
TOM: Miracle.
ISAAC: Miracle.

Tom and Isaac wrote a special editorial in The Post, talking about the value of commerce in the modern world and how espionage-themed new age toys encouraged youngsters today to think patriotically about the mortal dangers associated with new age terrorism, narcotics, and yes, corrupted journalism.

ED NASH: "I'm furious I'm getting all this strange new attention from the American authorities, and so, I've hired new special terrorist agents and warlocks from around the world to make cops' lives hell in the United States, because as I proclaimed earlier, no one and nothing can stop the Nash, and my evil minions will ensure such security, even from those shifty cops!"

Tom and Isaac's exploits were covered in a terrific American crime and investigation novel called American Hate.
====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)




© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought Isaac was married to Elsa. Are we looking at polygyny here?

Nice to see more teamwork!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2020
Last Updated on October 7, 2020
Tags: Fan-Fiction, Heist, Crime, FBI

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing