Raiden/Sereena

Raiden/Sereena

A Story by Abishai100
"

Raiden, god of lightning, visits America and considers working politically with the NRA, but his girlfriend Sereena worries he's become too...disparate!

"
Here's a fun political vignette about Raiden and the NRA (National Rifle Association), inspired by the film Homegrown. Thanks for reading (signing off finally), 
----
====

Raiden, god of lightning, visited America on Earth to see if modern politics during media networks was conducive for the democratic trend marketing of the NRA (National Rifle Association). Raiden was, after all, a master of warfare and combat. The NRA was after all an organization symbolic of weaponry determination. Raiden was very excited.



SEREENA: "I'm Raiden's girlfriend, and I don't approve of my beau visiting America to intrude in political consciousness!"



Raiden respected Sereena's wishes, but he was very intrigued by the NRA, nonetheless. He wanted to tell the NRA about the marketing of special modern guns such as the silver bullet-rifle he invinted in his garage while living in California. Raiden was sure the NRA would consider such a weapon market-friendly.



Raiden went to the San Diego Zoo and saw a cute koala bear and the bear's child on its back and worried he was hyping guns for the NRA. After all, the NRA endorsed licensed deer hunting, and Raiden was suddenly sympathetic towards animals being used for sport while looking at these koala bears at the San Diego Zoo. Raiden decided guns were not the answer to political determination!



RAIDEN: My girlfriend Sereena doesn't approve of political hubris.
NRA: Well, it seems you've become critical of rights to own guns!
RAIDEN: I saw two cute koala bears at the zoo and became wary of hunting.
NRA: Well, in America the media romanticizes bank robbers while demonizing our organization!
RAIDEN: Perhaps that's because the idea of everyday people carrying guns is frightening.
NRA: What's so peaceful and sane about glorifying bank robbers like Bonnie and Clyde?
RAIDEN: That's different; Bonnie and Clyde were ultimately killed.
NRA: They were murderers; we're legal voting citizens of America.
RAIDEN: I just don't feel comfortable endorsing gun sales while taking photos of koala bears!
NRA: That's rational if somewhat personally rational, Raiden.
RAIDEN: My girlfriend Sereena will nonetheless be pleased we conversed about marketing.
NRA: God bless America.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was an interesting debate, though it could use more depth.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2020
Last Updated on October 30, 2020
Tags: Mortal Kombat (Fan-Fiction)

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Sorsha Sorsha

A Story by Abishai100