Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Fury: Underdog Soccer Tall-tale

The Fury: Underdog Soccer Tall-tale

A Story by Abishai100
"

Tom and Amlan lead the NJ travel soccer team to tri-state glory with a special offensive strategy designed to create raw dilution!

"
A little sports fan story inspired by my youth participation in the NJ soccer leagues! Cheers,


====

Tom and Amlan were soccer team buddies for the 20+ age travel-team in New Jersey (USA) called the Fury. The Fury started the season as the underdog #4 ranked squad who's not predicted really to overcome the powerhouse top-3 teams the Rockets, the Blazers, and the Dragons. However, Tom and Amlan were under-rated offensive strikers who comprised the solid 1-2 punch for the upstart Fury. The Fury wore a navy blue soccer team uniform and boasted Diadora soccer shoes. They're expected ultimately to lose in the championship tourney to the well choreographed Dragons, though some sports critics following travel soccer for the non-collegiate post high-school athlete population suggest the Fury can reach upset level and challenge even the #2 Blazers.

That's because the 1-2 punch of Tom and Amlan provide the organized and aspiring Fury team, coached by the idealist Red Forrester, a terrific offensive variation. Amlan is the offensive wizard midfielder, and Tom is the can't-miss striker waiting to be set-up for well paced goal shots. Tom and Amlan coast through the season and reward their fans with great victories claiming their now deserved #4 ranking, though they endure a humiliating 4-0 defeat at the feet of the dominating Rockets whose zone offense makes for a machine like invisibility. Tom and Amlan have now pledged to avenge this public deflation in the final championship tournament, where they'll likely replay the undefeated Rockets. For now though the Fury systemically cut down all the teams beneath them in the rankings, serving as a janitorial squad for those above them and looking for top tier eliminations!

As the championship tournament begins, Tom and Amlan decide to spice up their offense for the Fury with a give-and-go strategy designed to provide accurate striker Tom with at least 5 ideal shots on goal every game. The tactic proves to be deconstructive, as Tom received incisive passes from sharp eyed midfielder Amlan who places his favorite Fury striker about equal distances from the goal, right around packs of opponent defense units, and Tom never misses! The Fury soar through the tournament and get to the quarters where they must face the #3 Dragons. Tom and Amlan cut through the Dragons' precise patterns of defensive controls and strike goals every 15 minutes, giving the Fury a decisive 5-3 win. They do likewise with the #2 Blazers in the semis, where they create a rotating pass-and-shoot method right near the corner area of the goal, deriving a stern 5-2 upset win that stuns virtually everyone, including fans and coaches and parents too!

In the championship match of the tri-state travel-team tournament, hosted in Boston, the Fury replay the #1 Rockets who're still overwhelmingly undefeated. However, Tom and Amlan continue to use their unique give-and-go offensive strategy to weave straight lines across the face of the Rockets man defense and enable Tom to score 3 times in the tightly contested 2nd half and despite a last minute soaringly striking shot from the star Rockets midfielder Yen Chang, the Fury miraculously hold off the favorites to pull out with a 5-4 victory that writers of travel soccer claim will alter the way East Coast soccer fans will conceive of minor league fire. This tourney establishes Tom and Amlan as travel soccer legends on the East Coast and a movie producer requests to make a local-hero fan film simply titled "Underdogs of New Jersey" (Paramount).

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on March 7, 2021
Last Updated on March 7, 2021
Tags: Soccer

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing