Easter President: The Young Dreamer

Easter President: The Young Dreamer

A Story by Abishai100
"

An African-American soldier returning from the Afghan-War tries to create post-war sanity and hygiene for Easter for his girl.

"
Here's a veteran themed Easter vignette about finding post-war sanity in American dreams! Enjoy (and Happy Easter!), 
----
====

A young African-American man named Tate grew up in Virginia Beach. He was sent to the Afghan-War after 9/11 and returned home and just wanted to readjust to American life and sanity. It was Easter time in the USA.



TATE: I just wanna reunite with my girl, Christina, man.
FRIEND: Cool, baby; welcome home and uh Happy Easter, friend!



Tate's girlfriend was happy to see him return but more eager to see if he's able to readjust psychologically and spiritually to fulfill the life duties of a family-man if he ever intended to ask her to marry him. She'd grown up with him in Virginia Beach and wanted to marry him but wanted to test his American mettle. She told him she wanted to see what kinds of Easter items he'd bring to decorate their new condo in VB.



Tate had a soccer trophy which he still kept out of sentiment in his possession. He told his girlfriend he'd mount it on the condo porch-rail as a sign of community pride for Easter, but she thought that was a childish vain gesture. They argued and argued, and Tate lost the argument. Haha.



Tate remembered his days in the Middle East fighting bad guys involved with anti-Western terrorism. He remembered shop ads of cigarettes and how he'd grown somewhat addicted to smoking. He wanted to turn a new page in his life and leave behind these vanities from wartime now with Christina.



TATE: I want my girl to feel I'm conscious of the modern world problems and how to build a hygienic life with her.



Tate ended up selecting the right Easter decorations for his Virginia Beach condo for his girlfriend. She's really thrilled. She's thinking the right man came home from the anti-terrorism war to celebrate a sane life with her as her future husband. This is an American story about basic human dignity!



Tate and Christina had a daughter named Sheryl and he purchased an immaculate Transformers she-warrior robot toy for her for Easter. It was a lovely testament to his commitment to his family's spiritual focus on American life and non-war imagination. Tate was officially a family-man now, friends.



TATE: I also got you these diamonds, dear.
CHRISTINA: They're just lovely, Tate.
TATE: I knew this was the best Easter.
CHRISTINA: Very cool!



Tate liked watching cartoons a lot and started thinking about that too. Should he clean up his mind and get organized spiritually so he's not indulging anymore in childish activities, to make his girlfriend-wife think he's turned over a new leaf in American life...and magic?



TATE: Were it not for my girl, I might've indulged in post-war depression...and turned to a life of dark diction.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on April 4, 2021
Last Updated on April 4, 2021
Tags: Easter, America

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing