Colorado Avalanche: NHL Dreams

Colorado Avalanche: NHL Dreams

A Story by Abishai100
"

The sports culture surrounding the Colorado Avalanche (NHL) shifts as new concerns about pluralism affect team-dreams!

"
A quick sports-culturel vignette inspired by Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise)! Enjoy, 
----

====

There was trouble brewing between Protestants and Catholics in the UK. Skirmishes dating back to the days of William of Orange had created troubles between the two dominant Christian faiths in places like London and Dublin. This affected some immigration waves into the USA and some comics and journalism writing regarding inter-religious community relations in the UK in modern times.



Of course the USA (America) was the site of great traffic, pluralism, immigration, and commercial activity. Americans cared about the nature and quality of transit and capitalism. This was a place where commerce created the customs of interpersonal relations and human contact. How would Protestants and Catholics get along in such a place of great commercial advertisements and business imagery?



The late-20th Century and early-21st Century were all about media and sports marketing in North America and in the USA. Pronounced NHL ice-hockey teams created special community and social niches for sports-fans and athletes interested in using athletics to forge a special customs dominion regarding the mannerisms of human/social distancing and confidence. Every city had an iconic NHL team, and media marketing for these teams including the hyped Colorado Avalanche would signal media confluence of peoples of differing religious and cultural backgrounds to create socialized dance.



The manager of the hyped Avalanche team was Laura Stern, a prominent media figure who worked in the fashion industry before turning to sports marketing in North America. Laura wanted to make the Avalanche a prominent society diadem, and media marketing for the Colorado NHL team would cater to ideas about pluralism and multiculturalism. Therefore, media spotlights on the Avalanche catered to a special democratic aesthetic, but critics and fans wondered if their beloved NHL team was becoming too commercial at the hands of a business shark!



A social backlash took place in Colorado, among the NHL fans and people. This backlash came in the form of a special local team of masked bank robbers called the Nuns who wanted to take from the rich and give to the poor. This Robin Hood maniac squad wanted to critique this new media approach to democracy and pluralism and the exploitation of their beloved Colorado Avalanche NHL team in the USA. This was modern anarchy, folks!



COLORADO TIMES: Denver is such a warm and lit up city and doesn't need the conflagration of democracy paranoia.



A recruited minority ice-hockey player named Amlan Satan, a young man from Algeria, was brought into the Avalanche team by manager/businesswoman Laura Stern. Amlan was to turn the franchise around with special tactics and skills designed to make the offense more explosive and goal-oriented. He was the new Eric Lindros, and everyone thought the Avalanche would make the playoffs now. However, all Amlan cared about was ice-hockey, and some of the Colorado natives were even more suspicious that an ethnic minority was going to guide their beloved NHL team to stardom.



In a special press-conference, Amlan decided to showcase his dear love of pro-sports by presenting and hyping his rare-edition Gabriela Sabatini NetPro pro-tennis celebrity tennis trading-card. Sabatini was a pronounced Argentinian female tennis star who challenged the might of the seemingly indoimitable German female tennis superstar Steffi Graf. Amlan wanted to show fans and people of Colorado that his fanfare of another ethnic minority tennis celebrity represented an interest in sports culture...and not sports marketing.



Would this Colorado Avalanche social drama pan out with forms of pluralism controversy or continued forms of inventive sports dialogue? Would Amlan Satan become a new Eric Lindros or would Colorado multiculturalism intrigue create new brands of regional dance in the USA?



SPORTS-WRITER: They key to Avalanche happiness is shared social distancing and democratic rhetoric and not money-DNA.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on April 9, 2021
Last Updated on April 9, 2021
Tags: Sports, Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Town-Beryl Town-Beryl

A Story by Abishai100