The Matrix: Laura Palmer

The Matrix: Laura Palmer

A Story by Abishai100
"

Sparrow or 'Neo' goes on a ninja-thief crusade to rescue American art-woman Laura Palmer from a modern world run by Devils.

"
One more dystopian diorama inspired both by The Matrix and the Twin Peaks vigilance-campfire traditions involving the dystopian folk-heroine Laura Palmer, a symbol of American daydreams. Enjoy, 
----

====

The America we knew had become a silent place of secret crime. Police were helpless in stopping criminals now, since the evildoers and sinners were veiled in darkness, and they seemed like normal walking citizens, so the daylight was no mask for the reality behind hell. America looked so normal.



Laura Palmer is a graphic-designing modern anime artist living in LA. She makes art that inspires people to think idealistically about capitalism and the modern city. Many consider her the new age Charles Schultz (Peanuts). However, because of such pronounced patriotism in her artworks, she's been marked as a target for terrorists.



This is the age of the Plague, and few people wander outside after sunset. During daytime, it's all protective mask wear for medical protection. Most business and studies are conducted online and indoors through modern media and tech. This makes windows into civilization much more machine-oriented and grid technical. Medicine has become a priestly profession now in America.



Laura Palmer is busy making stained-glass art in her apartment in LA when she's kidnapped by a gang of masked sinners calling themselves Night-Slashers. The Post reports that her disappearance is a shock to the art community in California. That's why a vigilante named Sparrow has sworn to find this woman and bring her home and back to daylight...if she's alive.



SPARROW: I'll scour the City of Angels on my bike to find this disappeared patriot-artist named Laura Palmer!



Sparrow wields water-guns filled with acid. If confronted by evil hoodlums or the gargoyles behind the kidnapping of artist Laura Palmer, Sparrow will shoot the dark ones with his acid-guns, spraying their feet to turn them into cloven bloody stumps. This is after all a war over rhetoric, and Sparrow has to be certain the mystique of the Night-Slashers or whoever's behind the Laura Palmer abduction are treated as demons.



Laura Palmer was such a popular artist in modern life in America before kidnapped that many called her a modern angel or miracle, hailing her patriotic art as the spiritual sleeping-pill needed to transcend all the otherwise above-ground hellfire in the streets of the city. The absence of Laura Palmer has people thinking today's models are simply phantoms.



Sparrow is an Ivy League professor and currently the masked vigilante behind this American crusade to rescue and celebrate the life and art of kidnapped Laura Palmer. He's into video-games, cyber-math, and online chess and he's furious someone would steal Laura Palmer from the American matrix. That's why he's become a hero nicknamed 'Neo' because of his passion for modernism knighthood.



Of course, no one knows what Sparrow actually looks like. They just call him 'Neo' and assume he's some patriotic serviceman, lawyer, or maybe even ex-cop prowling the streets and taking down the aura of the criminal syndicates in the big city. The media reports Sparrow is a Robin Hood, since he's been robbing banks of bearer-bonds belonging to crime-lords and war-barons tied to blood-diamond highways leading to Belgium and South Africa. Sparrow insists he's just an 'archer' of anti-crime diaries, in search of Laura Palmer.



SPARROW: I've stolen millions worth of bearer-bonds from these Western fatsos tied to the African blood-diamond warlords.



Sparrow has dated multiple women, some artists, some models, some teachers. They all admire his sense of democratic patriotism and mostly want to see him rescue the life of Laura Palmer and find her alive miraculously! They consider him a real knight and sometimes call him 'Neo' too, like everyone else!



SPARROW: I keep the identity of my girls a secret, since I don't want these anti-cops to label them as target w****s.



One of the gargoyles assigned to destroy Sparrow or 'Neo' is Leatherface who comes out only at night and armed with a nail-gun converted into a rapid-fire bullet-sprayer. Leatherface wears a mask made out of animal skin and sometimes out of the skin of victimized policemen. He's an anti-American to be sure.



TRINITY: Take my glitter-gun, Neo.
SPARROW: What's this gonna achieve, darling?
TRINITY: It shoots a bullet which explodes once piercing.
SPARROW: Wow, you're my dark angel.



People consider the work of Sparrow/Neo deadly important, but his critics consider him a neo-terrorist! Is he a terrorist or simply a bandit or thief? Is he an American radical seeking to become a real modern hero or knight? What do you think? Is he the brave one Laura Palmer prays for...if she still is alive?



THE POST: The kids of the city, tomorrow's artists, want to see Laura Palmer returned home safe now.



You walk into a supermarket and notice a gorgeous woman shopping for food and supplies. She turns to look at you and you share a romantic or sentimental glance. Are you concerned that tomorrow the Night-Slashers just might kidnap and erase this lovely lady from the annals of American life? This is the grim reality Sparrow fights now for Laura Palmer.



SPARROW DIARY: The vision of the future erecting by the Night-Slashers is one of uniformed execution for pyramids.



SPARROW DIARY: I wish I could tell you that normal cops are the answer, but sadly, we need more masked dancers.



LAURA PALMER: Sparrow will find me, and when I'm back on my art-boards, I'll expose these city creeps as doctored giggles.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on April 13, 2021
Last Updated on April 13, 2021
Tags: Matrix Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing