Player One [A.I.]: Planet of Dodge

Player One [A.I.]: Planet of Dodge

A Story by Abishai100
"

Weyland sends space-explorers Orem and his crew to Origae to engage with a deadly alien intelligence and learn dreams.

"
A fun dystopian sci-fi calamity painting inspired by the highly-lucrative Alien franchise! Thanks for reading, 
----
====

The Weyland space-exploration company organized and funded a great journey to the uncharted planet Origae outside the Milky Way Galaxy in the year 3000. The head of the company, Peter Weyland, gave a fantastic and dazzling speech in front of the world television networks about the significance of this mission, since there were signs that Origae had intelligent life inhabiting the uncharted planet! Peter called the alien intelligence 'A.I.' (abbreviation for "Alien Intelligence"!).



The Weyland vessel Nostradamus landed on Origae and the symbolic crew deboarded the ship and began trekking and exploring the apparently organic and fertile planet, though they're armed with laser-guns for the mission.



Peter Weyland's wife Jennifer, who served as a priestess for such expeditions, remarked that the Origae mission would change the way humans conceived of the variations in intelligent life in the known universe.



Captain Amlan Orem was the navigator and leader of the mission on Origae but feared the alien intelligence detected there by Weyland radars and computers may be extremely hostile, which is why he told his crew-members to keep their laser-gun trigger-fingers loose and ready. Orem is a real nerdist and old-fashioned soldier.



Other crew members included scientists and engineers and photographers and of course other soldiers, including Orem's girlfriend Valerie, who'd trained for alien combat on Earth in simulation scenarios where she'd use lasers to decapitate hostile aliens regardless of their outward appearances!



OREM: Our entire crew is both prepared and ready for this historic mission, and I'm confident we're all soldier-minded.



The crew stumbled upon a cavern system on Origae and found a large patch of alien eggs or pods containing reproduced fertilization eggs and began inspecting them, and the android-scientist of the crew, David, noticed the eggs were protected by some kind of toxic powder.



Orem had two of the soldiers scour the exterior area outside the cavern(s), while the other members continued wandering around inside the cavern system on Origae. It was then that the two monitoring outdoor soldiers spotted what seemed to be a large insect-dragon like alien creature running towards them, with open jaws and raised claws. They were dumbfounded!



OREM: This hostile alien resembling an insect or reptile is being named a 'Xenomorph' and reminds us of a dragon!



The crew learned this 'Xenomorph' possessed a glowing acidic saliva and internal fluid system that when released like juice could burn through any surface, including heavy metal! It'd be foolish to shoot them at close-range, since the juice would spray like blood and burn through any nearby object...or person.



OREM: These creatures are sharp and mean, Val.
VALERIE: They're smart and sassy and sinister, captain.
OREM: I didn't know you liked calling me captain, dear!
VALERIE: Don't get romantic too early; this is a death-trap, Orem.
OREM: I know, I know, I'm just philosophy.
VALERIE: Great, well keep shooting at the dragons, darling.
OREM: I won't relent, Val.
VALERIE: We'll tell everyone if we make it...we're heroes.
OREM: Right!
VALERIE: Anarchy is officially sci-fi.



When the survivors of the Nostradamus returned to Earth safely, they're given a grand old-tradition street parade, complete with uniformed priests and officials. This was to commemorate the first and violent engagement between humans and 'Xenomorphs' on Origae, and both Orem and Valerie made it home and hoped they'd never be asked to go on a return mission while they're honoring the dead at the national funeral service.



OREM: Let's just talk about love, Val.
VALERIE: I want a baby daughter and a large pool.
OREM: Here's to childish daydreams and no Xenomorphs.
VALERIE: I'm all for toys to help me forget about the dragons.



Meanwhile, the adventure of the Nostradamus had inspired a very popular sci-fi adventure video-game series on Earth produced and licensed by Weyland called Alien.



The game of course featured human space-explorers on Origae shooting lasers and cannons at dragon Xenomorph aliens, wondering if the super-sharp intelligent alien creatures would ever exhibit any signs of rational peace!



The media satellites inspired by the Nostradamus mission did create much intellectual talk and entertainment production such as Alien but it also led to some rather crazy street riots, prompting Weyland and the President to send the media message, "Xenomorphs must not move humanity towards doom!"



Orem and Valerie got married and had a son named Damian and bought him a robot-toy called Shockwave to remind him that sci-fi and alien imagination shouldn't have to be dangerous. Damian met a girl in junior-high named Laura Palmer who shared his poignant love of science toys.



WEYLAND: Regardless of the outcome, humanity will embrace creative forms of socialized magic on Earth!



OREM: Will we ever see those dragons again, Val?
VALERIE: I doubt it, but at least we're not drowning in mermaid blood!
OREM: Right.



"We meet aliens every day who have something to give us. They come in the form of people with different opinions" (William Shatner).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on April 13, 2021
Last Updated on April 13, 2021
Tags: Sci-Fi Fantasy-Adventure

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles-Rook Arles-Rook

A Story by Abishai100