Vigilante-Thief: The DC/LA Contest!

Vigilante-Thief: The DC/LA Contest!

A Story by Abishai100
"

A DC vigilante named Sparrow brings justice-folklore to the blood-diamond dilemma while competing with an LA circus.

"
One more blood diamond parable inspired by the comics series Thief of Thieves! Enjoy (signing off --- but maybe I'll return in the summer for a Swiss bank heist fable!),
====

In the City of Angels, a powerful bank robbery team called Hockey rose to prominence and was lifting cash and bearer-bonds from banks and armored trucks. This modern-day Hole-in-the-Wall Gang was slick as hell and had the press raving they're bringing back an Old West cowboy aesthetic, albeit a dangerous one for LA.



The gang pulled off capers that rivaled any American history had seen in the past. This was outlaw culture in LA and it was wild and even thrilling. However, this sort of urban crime romanticized bank robbery, which worried an East Coast vigilante named Amlan Satan who went by the crusader-alias 'Sparrow' (named after his favorite bird!). Sparrow wondered if this LA robber-unit called Hockey was going to glorify old-style bank robbery in the USA.



Sparrow decided to start creating a series of online fan-comics inspired by the Thief of Thieves series depicting the social value of subverting warlord-and-baron blood diamond control and traffic stemming from South Africa and reaching Europe and North America. The diamond-thief in America should be a vigilante subverting the grip on the gem black market seized by these corrupt barons linking to warlords with ties to blood diamonds in South Africa. Sparrow wanted to create a series of adventure-heist tales involving the seizure of blood diamonds from the hands of these North American barons!



SPARROW: I'll seize some blood diamond bounty from a corrupt baron in Washington who's tied to African warlords today.



Sparrow (Amlan Satan) was no fool. He didn't want to get in trouble by fighting hellfire with hellfire. If he wished to downplay the media romance attached to the Hockey robber-gang in LA, he'd have to prove his special East Coast brand of vigilante blood-diamond heists were more American spirited and less outlaw. He'd have to come up with a real brain-cooker for the media too, especially if he wanted to look like Robin Hood himself!



Sparrow decided to rob the Riggs Bank in DC with a mask and disguise posing as a rogue Interpol agent seeking to upend the holdings of the baron Emil Kuyt who'd shipped and stored blood diamonds from South Africa and moved them through DC to reorient the North American gem market. Sparrow sought to demystify the power and prestige of Baron Kuyt with this diamond-heist at Riggs Bank in DC.



Sparrow walked into the Riggs Bank with two toy-guns which were filled with corrosive HCL acid!



BANK MANAGER: We're certain this Robin Hood character is some Interpol figure working against blood-diamond traffic.



The Post had a field day with this Sparrow-heist. They wondered if undercover or rogue Western agents were working against the blood diamond silos of new era barons and warlords who wanted to corrupt and seize the global gem market with these African diamonds which were otherwise funding terrible terrorist and fascist groups. This threatened not only American silos but also European ones, which is why the symbolic Riggs Bank became a hub for this media intrigue all of a sudden!



Sparrow managed to take $20 million worth of Baron Kuyt's blood diamonds from the vault-room of Riggs Bank in DC. He transferred the assets into cash and into the underground and deposited the treasures in a new private foreign Swiss account before sending an anonymous letter to the Post declaring that baron-holdings of blood diamonds in North America would be upstaged by 'new age highwaymen' seeking to return romance to diamond sales and traffic. This was dangerous infiltration-work in modern times, folks.



THE POST: We think that Sparrow's Robin Hood like activities might bring some needed water for authorities investigating.



The new FBI agent Jennifer Salt was in charge of new blood diamond investigations and wanted to see what kinds of underground work was now possible regarding the cleansing of the North American diamond traffic being somewhat sullied by this new age blood diamond threat stemming from South Africa.



SPARROW: This blood-diamond vigilante-crusade should remind Americans that crime-folklore should be detection.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on April 14, 2021
Last Updated on April 14, 2021
Tags: Heist Fable (Comics!)

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing