The Ice-Hockey Gang: Bank Robbery [Canada]

The Ice-Hockey Gang: Bank Robbery [Canada]

A Story by Abishai100
"

Amlan is an ice-hockey star and deepens a vigilante-gang among team-mates to perform a warlord heist.

"
A grand opus on blood-diamond piracy vigilantism inspired equally by my fanciful love of Thief of Thieves and sports-adventure comics like Eyeshield 21, so I hope you enjoy this one! Cheers,
----

====

In a fair city in Canada, a beloved ice-hockey team was set to perform real well during the upcoming men's sports season. In fact, this team was slated to get all the way to the championship this year, thanks to the recruiting of a hot Algerian-American player named Amlan Satan who'd be able to create a strong central offensive attack and coordination with the other two talented strikers. However, this isn't a regular ice-hockey yarn set in Canada's fair city! Follow along, friends.



AMLAN: I love ice-hockey, and I make great artworks dedicated to the sport, but I have a secret dark hobby too.



Amlan's pretty Canadian girlfriend who happens to be a huge ice-hockey fan has no idea what Amlan's 'secret dark hobby' really is and she's given up trying to uncover it. She's now content with waiting for her beau to get home after winning great games, broadcast on a local network, and find her in his arms! She's simply unaware, and Amlan wants to keep it that way, friends.



AMLAN: Our team is doing superbly this season, and there's no reason we won't be psyched to watch games on TV and cheer.



Ice-hockey is a sport which requires immaculate self-control and balance, the ability to weave up and down the ice-rink and dodge defenders and wind around offenders and get to a strong stance to make a nifty pass or strike a hot goal into the back of the net guarded by the perilous masked goalie! This is a sport which has drawn in fans around the world, and TV games are never to be missed, if you're a true ice-hockey fan these days.



Amlan's secret dark hobby is that he's a professional bank robber. He's got wind of some unholy tidings in the underworld in his Canadian city. Apparently, corrupt Dutch barons are moving into British Columbia and setting up stations to move and secure deadly blood-diamonds mined and trafficked by South African warlords to finance various terrorist/fascist regimes in the East. Amlan doesn't want these Dutch diamond barons to move into Canada and sully the North American gem market. Therefore, he's to indulge his 'secret dark hobby' of bank robbery to swipe out and switch the gems from the safe-box of one of these corrupt barons living in Canada. Amlan has the entire plan laid out.



"During the regular afternoon game against a visiting team, I'll duck out with my two team-mates, my fellow superstar strikers, and we'll hop into a van parked in the rear of the Canadian ice-hockey stadium. We'll tell the coach we have a special arrangement with a magazine editor that night and need to be excused from the game. We'll then drive to the bank in masks, while the regular ice-hockey game is still continuing." (Amlan)



The three masked thieves arrive at the Canadian bank wielding toy water-guns. They tell the guardsman and the manager they're from the local popular ice-hockey marketing team and seek to inspect the safe-box of the Dutch baron Norm Kuyt who holds Antwerp(!) diamonds there. They explain the toys and masks are a media-stunt for photos for the theatrical diamond display for a newspaper editorial linked to the ice-hockey team. Once inside the safe-box area, the three thieves (Amlan and his two masked team-mates) reveal their toy water-guns are filled with corrosive HCL acid and intend to burn through Kuyt's safe-box for a mock photo of the diamonds inside the box with the box lid melted open! The guardsman laughs as does the manager but don't notice Amlan switching Kuyt's blood-diamonds with fake ones concealed in the lining of his pants. They walk out of the Canadian bank with Kuyt's real diamonds before sending a notice to the local press, "It seems Baron Kuyt has been hair-brained into some rather unholy gems, which may be South African...or demo-fakes!"



Amlan and his ice-hockey team-mates have pulled off the impossible. They've lifted $20 million blood-diamonds from the baron and deposited traded underground money for a new private Swiss account before demystifying the baron's social power pyramid with a carefully-placed mock-omen in the Canadian press. The bank manager at the institution has no choice now but to simply communicate with the Intelligence Office regarding the baron's potential links to blood-diamond dollars!



Amlan and his ice-hockey gang return to their regular-season ice-hockey games and proceed to dominate through the regular season, appearing to be like the classic greats from the professional golden era of men's ice-hockey in North America. This was a tale of a sports-team uniting to destroy baron blood-diamond prestige in North America, but it's also the daring Robin Hood tale of a group of athletes who're simply too skilled not to pass of the chance to perform a strange but dancing deed. That's what ice-hockey is all about, right?



INTERPOL: We're not estimating the media significance of these 'acid water-guns' wielded, but the baron is guilty as hell.



Now, Amlan knows blood-diamond hellmouth is no joke, so he appropriately has rescinded from this temporary spotlight world of Robin Hood and drawn back into the more trained and lit up world of ice-hockey in Canada. No one really knows how far the South African blood diamond highway stretches, but it sure has many gem market experts in the Western world shivering with goosebumps, friends!



BANK MANAGER: Whether a media stunt is required to demystify a baron's grip on gems is still doubted, to be sure.



AMLAN: I just want to play ice-hockey again.
TEAM-MATE 1 (Ethan): I'm psyched we achieved the vigilante deed, brother!
TEAM-MATE 2 (Nathan): Here's to clean ice and clean diamonds in Canada...forever.
AMLAN: And clean ice-hockey too!



For this age of Coronavirus quarantine life in the world, we must be more confident about social access to consumer items like diamonds without fearing their corruptibility in the global highway because of new era underworld activities such as blood-diamond mining tied to terrorists and warlords! We need more positive Robin Hood puzzles.



TEAM COACH: I dunno what you three got cookin', but I'm suspicious your're not focused on hockey, which is my only eye.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on April 17, 2021
Last Updated on April 17, 2021
Tags: Heist Fable (Comics!)

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing