Plunkett and Macleane

Plunkett and Macleane

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two Philly pirates are engaged in a blood-diamond adventure involving the usurping of a corrupt baron but must create surefire dimes.

"
A very fun blood-diamond vignette inspired by the recent crime-history artistic film Plunkett & Macleane (Jake Scott), which I really hope you'll find...delicious! 
----


====

Plunkett and Macleane are two ethnically biracial young men, graduates of the prestigious Ivy League school UPenn, living in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, USA)! Plunkett and Macleane are plotting a special blood-diamond heist of a corrupt capitalism-baron's 'conflict gems' from the First Bank of Philadelphia.



Plunkett and Macleane are both half-Irish, half-Algerian US citizens living currently in Philadelphia, the proverbial City of Brotherly love. Plunkett is a UPenn psychology teacher, and Macleane is a Philly bartender. They both graduated from UPenn and started doing research in diamond markets and foreign-imported diamond integrity in North America and became interested in blood-diamond related import corruption!



Plunkett and Macleane were both solid students at the prestigious Ivy League school UPenn. They both played sports for UPenn. Plunkett played soccer (striker), while Macleane was a basketball star (point-guard). They loved their lives at UPenn and were exposed to the modern education in urban commerce/traffic, which is typical and expected really from a respected modern US city university like UPenn. It's such a great school!



So, how did two UPenn stars become fascinated by blood-diamond corruption in North America? Perhaps the sociocultural traffic of the City of Brotherly Love, imprinted onto UPenn in certain ways, exposed them to the curiosity about modern urban commercial vanities and democratic regulatory studies. They wanted to understand/appreciate why diamond corruption threatened modern Americans' view of consumerism...and social daydreams!



PLUNKETT: I studied in Philly and grew to love its consciousness, and now I'm an 'avid' 76ers fan, wearing great gears!



Plunkett has a fashion-model girlfriend in Linda who lives in Philadelphia with him, while he teaches at UPenn. Linda admires her boyfriend's commitment to psychology-literature at UPenn and stimulates him and offers him great city energy in Philadelphia. However, this sultry beauty-creature has no idea her beau is about to engage in a daring blood-diamond heist in Philly!



INTERPOL: Blood-diamond traffic in North America, stemming from South Africa/Belgium, threatens commercial integrities.



PLUNKETT: We'll storm into the First Bank of Philadelphia in great costumes/masks.
MACLEANE: The baron whose blood-diamonds we're stealing will be completely shadowed.



The two vigilante-thieves walk into the First Bank in the City of Brotherly Love dressed as ridiculous theater-performers and inform the bank manager they're here on the behalf of the baron Norm Kuyt who's stored Antwerp diamonds in the bank's safe box. The manager is surprised they know of Baron Kuyt and ask for proof that they want to take photos of his Antwerp gems in the bank's safe-box. The First Bank is after all an institution of great reputation!



PLUNKETT: Sir, we merely want photos of the baron's Euro-gems for a theater news presentation.
MACLEANE: It's part of the university media-stage advertisement about local diamond sales.



The two costumed daring Philly-pirates are escorted into the bank safe-box area of the vault room by the bank manager and the guardsman. The two pirates show the manager/guardsmen samples of their stage-theater set design props, including toy water-guns and plastic crossbows. The manager/guardsman watch the two costumed freaks take photos of Baron Kuyt's Antwerp diamonds in his safe-box in the vault room while they idly play with the stage-performers' bag of novelty items including their plastic water-guns!



When the guardsman realizes that the water-guns are really fun, he starts pointing it at the bank manager in jest, threatening to shoot him in the face. While the two employees are busy playing, Plunkett and Macleane are busy taking Polaroid smartphone photos of the baron's Antwerp diamonds. Plunkett discreetly then switches the baron's blood-diamonds with the fake diamonds hidden in the soles of his shoes, while the manager/guardsman are still distracted playing with their water-guns. Macleane has been distracting the two bank employees further with a sideshow dance meant to mimic the upcoming stage-group play about diamond merchants in Philadelphia!



Plunkett and Macleane walk out of the First Bank in Philadelphia with over $20 million worth of Baron Kuyt's deadly blood-diamonds from Antwerp (Belgium). The two then enjoy the local Philly movie-theater showing of the recent crime-historical film Plunkett & Macleane, depicting two real figures with the same names they have themselves. Plunkett brings his girlfriend Linda!



PLUNKETT: This is a movie about the historical romance tied to pirate-dreams.
MACLEANE: It's ironic we're enjoying this movie in the City of Brotherly Love after our heroics, brother.



This unusual modern tale of urban vigilantism involving the usurping of a corrupt Philly baron's grip on the city's corrupted diamond market reflects our very modern fascination/curiosity about the sheer drama of capitalism deformity. Are diamonds really a girl's best friend? Will Plunkett & Macleane become the City of Brotherly Love's ultimate dynamic-duo?

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on May 28, 2021
Last Updated on May 28, 2021
Tags: Fanfiction, Philly Heist!

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles Bends Arles Bends

A Story by Abishai100