Chicago Diamond-Thief

Chicago Diamond-Thief

A Story by Abishai100
"

Amlan Satan is the Windy City diamond-thief Sparrow planning a heist of Goldfinger's blood-diamonds in a diner-tale.

"
A very elegiac blood-diamond heist vignette set in the great American city of Chicago, home of incredible cultural sports DNA. Enjoy (and happy summer!), 
----
====

Chicago is the home US city of the Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks (The 3 great Windy City 'Bs' of American pro-sports!). It's also the site of some deadly modern blood-diamond traffic stemming from Africa/Europe threatening the modern gem market. Chicago is the place where a master diamond-thief named Amlan Satan ('Sparrow') is staging a great heist of a corrupt capitalism baron's conflict gems or 'blood diamonds' (warlord-mined gems used to finance terrorism). Chicago has suddenly become a sunset city of great American folklore.



AMLAN SATAN ('Sparrow'): What I do, I do for the vision of a great muse in Chicago, a city of great human fables!



Amlan Satan graduated from U-Chicago before traveling to Europe to learn about the global diamond trade. He then studied online through a CalTech media program to evaluate digital media era impact of underground diamond transactions stemming from Africa/Europe linked to the blood-diamond highway. He's been tracking the Chicago capitalism baron named Goldfinger, and he's staring at his plan of this Windy City diamond heist as a way to undermine Goldfinger's deadly status!



SPARROW (Amlan Satan): I'll be taking the Metro or 'L' to the Federal Reserve dressed as a Muslim clerical merchant.



Satan (Amlan/Sparrow) walks into the Federal Reserve Bank in Chicago wielding a bag of toy water-guns and explains to the manager he seeks a new merchant's account to open a new toy store in the Windy City linked to his enterprise in Saudi Arabia (he's already established a paper-contact to a Saudi toy enterprise invested by Raul Fisher). He gains admission into the safe-box area with the blood-diamonds owned by Goldfinger. Once inside the vault safe-box area room, Sparrow reveals to the escorting manager/guardsman that his toy water-guns are filled with corrosive HCL acid. He claims he's been sent by an underground Interpol agency to investigate the gem-holdings of Goldfinger who's been rumored to be tied to blood-diamond activity linked to European terrorism. He warns the manager/guardsman not to get in his way as he burns open Goldfinger's safe-box with the 'acid-guns' and proceeds to start taking Polaroid photos of the Goldfinger gems. Sparrow tells the manager/guardsman the photos are for a media presentation about inquiries into modern capitalism-baron treasury tracks, and while the manager/guardsman are distracted and amused by what is certainly some kind of official media PR-bravado stunt for local folklore(!), Sparrow distracts them further by letting them play with his toy 'acid-guns' while he deceptively switches Goldfinger's blood-diamonds with the fake ones hidden in the seams of his gloves.



Sparrow hops onto the L train again and rides to the airport but not before stopping at an underground diamond trade store to exchange the Goldfinger gems for assets for his new private Swiss account, opened under the name Raul Fisher. He then flies to Switzerland and out of the fabled Windy City. He sends an email-letter to the Chicago Sun, claiming, "Chicago will one day be shining again because of daring vigilante work performed with baron blood-diamond subversion involving carefully-placed media diagrams!"



CHICAGO SUN: The magnificence of Sparrow's heroics this time was a reflection of the labyrinth of the L system.



BANK MANAGER: We're told Interpol is doing the leg-work investigation into Goldfinger's blood-diamond tracks now!



BANK GUARDSMAN: Can you believe blood-diamond underworld has been the subject of films, and our bank's now famous.



SPARROW: The vault-room at the Federal Reserve Bank is not something one should infiltrate unless he's like Robin Hood!



The safe-box that Sparrow burned open that heist-day in the Windy City, home of the 3 'Bs' of American pro-sports (Bears/Bulls/Blackhawks) was the infamous box #30-07.



SPARROW: I got $20 million for Goldfinger's deadly conflict-gem deposit.



Before Sparrow left Chicago, he gifted some of Goldfinger's blood-diamonds to the famous Windy City jewelry store so the tracks of underground vigilante work would be covered by modern pedestrian traffic --- a solid hallmark of modern capitalism dimension, right?



SPARROW: I've been partying in Switzerland now, looking for my muse who inspired by Robin Hood heroics...Esmerelda.



There's nothing a good Robin Hood appreciates more after such a deadly blood-diamond heist than a Chicago drink, made by his favorite Geneva bartender, Rolf. Good times are abound in times of great otherwise capitalism deformity!



CHICAGO SUN: Sparrow will be likened to Citizen Kane himself.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on June 9, 2021
Last Updated on June 9, 2021
Tags: Heist, Chicago

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Town-Beryl Town-Beryl

A Story by Abishai100