Plunkett/Macleane

Plunkett/Macleane

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two Wall Street geniuses attempt a theater-heist of Baron Stott's sapphire while one attempts to draw away the baron's divine niece.

"
Another heist fanfiction inspired by Plunkett & Macleane and the offbeat deeds of the funny highwaymen, but adapted to modern Wall Street...darkness! 
----

====

Plunkett, Algerian-Baltic, and Macleane, Algerian-Irishmen, were Wall Street bureaucrats trading in minerals across the globe and were now investigating the activities of a baron named Stott who'd been using NYSE resources to move blood-diamonds, warlord-mined gems from Africa/Europe used to finance terrorists.



PLUNKETT: Wall Street should be about innocence and the diamond magic.
MACLEANE: We're going to stop Baron Stott with innovative new-gen piracy tactics.



Plunkett and Macleane lived in a really nice Wall Street apartment as young post-Dartmouth (New Hampshire) bachelors hosting various parties and events for the dashing young yuppies of NYC. It was one heck of a view!



PLUNKETT: Our place is our palace!
MACLEANE: No one violates the sanctity of our residence in New York.



NEW YORKER: Plunkett & Macleane no doubt throw the best parties on Wall Street, every summer and autumn.



Macleane is dating Stott's gorgeous 22-year old niece Esmerelda, but Baron Stott has no idea. He must also persuade her to view his sense of daring adventurism in New York (USA) and convince her to runaway with him to the Virgin Islands, but will this modern damsel leave her fortunes in the Stott dominion for the upstart?



STOTT: Perhaps this 'Plunkett & Macleane' are geniuses, but I suspect they're getting bigger noses with a terrible feature.



That they were. These two NY-pirates dressed up in theatrical masks/costumes and marched into the Wall Street trading-floor with the intention of creating a media-circus involving a mocked stage-performance of the public photographing of Baron Stott's newest Wall Street showoff treasure, the $10 million Dutch sapphire called Vanderbilt. Plunkett and Macleane were going to switch the Stott-sapphire Vanderbilt for a fake blue stone-in replica matching ring-band of silver, an apparent gift for Stott's new Arabian mistress-wife.



PLUNKETT & MACLEANE: We urge Wall Street to remain calm and prevent us from using our toy guns filled with acid!



Plunkett and Macleane drew cheers and laughs from the media trading-floor 'audience' that heist-day as they threatened to spray the Stott-sapphire Vanderbilt with their nifty and handy-dandy 'acid-guns' lest they be permitted to proceed with this media-circus photojournalism event. This would be a story for the books on Wall Street, better than Sacco and Vanzetti.



WALL STREET CHANCELLOR: As the chancellor of this grand arena, I'm like Gekko --- I ensure commercial vanities.



NEW YORKER: Whoever these 'grand' Phantom of the Opera stage-acrobats were, they confounded the vault-dream.



PLUNKETT: We traded Stott's Vanderbilt for cool cash for our Swiss safe-box.
MACLEANE: This is all for my darling Esmerelda.



ESMERELDA: First, you're rumored to be part of the 'Vanderbilt Vanity' and now this laser-gun theater?
MACLEANE: When we get clean of Wall Street, we'll be drinking on the Virgin Islands beaches, darling.



Meanwhile, Baron Stott retaliated by ordering his henchman Bane to march into the Wall Street trading-floor and demand more security consciousness to be more wary of 'theatrical' pirates claiming to be American photojournalists!



Macleane had to dress up in a vigilante-Halloween costume in October and fight Bane on the streets using tranquilizer-darts, a rope, and padded gloves for punching. Bane was after all a steroids-enhanced super-brute. Macleane fought Bane as the costumed officer of energy named Batman on the Streets of New York.



BARON STOTT: My new shipment of Dutch and Belgian gems are due in, and I'm tying more security to a city tower!



ESMERELDA: I'll go anywhere with you, sweetheart.
MACLEANE: That's the reason I tried this entire daydream, darling lovely.



Macleane and Esmerelda moved to the Virgin Islands where they co-managed an island bar while Macleane made new-gen Robotech artworks for a local sci-fi online store. It was retirement paradise for these former American lovebirds as husband-and-wife. This was their postmodern American dream!



INTERPOL: Corruption of the gem market by underground smuggling rascals tied to terrorism threatens Wall Street!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on June 19, 2021
Last Updated on June 19, 2021
Tags: Heist Fanfiction, Modernization

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing