David the Gnome: Good Medicine

David the Gnome: Good Medicine

A Story by Abishai100
"

A doctor and reporter are transported into the forest of magical gnomes where they discover 'good medicine' and dimes.

"
A Coronavirus prayer-vignette inspired by The World of David the Gnome (CINAR). Enjoy (and stay safe!), 
----

====

Dr. Amlan Satan, a renowned Coronavirus children's doctor at prestigious Johns Hopkins University, was also a big fan of the Spanish-adapted CINAR cartoon fantasy-adventure children's cartoon David the Gnome.



DR. SATAN: As Hopkins, we oversee the daily social activities of youngsters at our renowned Children's Center!



Dr. Satan was being interviewed by an iconic media-reporter named Erin Andrew who wanted to understand the view of a modern pediatrician-doctor regarding media access to programs like David the Gnome.



ANDREW: We see many gnome figurines now with special symbol-masks designating a modern community attitude.



DR. SATAN: Today's Coronavirus-patients are open to understanding views on holistic lifestyle and medical integration.



Then, one night, after a romantic evening at an Italian restaurant, Dr. Satan and Andrew (Erin), both had the same dream while sleeping! They dreamt they're transported inside the world of David the Gnome...as cartoon figures!



AMLAN (Dr. Satan): Maybe these gnomes know something about Coronavirus therapy.
ANDREW (Erin): We might learn something about the magic of forest potions from David himself!



DAVID THE GNOME: Welcome to our troubled but hospitable forest, Amlan/Erin; we hope you'll learn from us.



David introduced Amlan/Erin to his wife in their gnome-cottage in the forest and told them about the special modern challenge of protecting youngsters from poisons and malady with 'good medicine' and right wisdom for lifestyle and values. They told them about the dangers of the Coronavirus and the value of staying clean and indoors!



DAVID: We sometimes have to go out and administer medicines to animals and villagers in need.



Amlan/Erin learned that the forest of these lovable gnomes was menaced by the dark presence of the nasty creatures known as the trolls. The Trolls haunted the forests and made the mission of David the Gnome quite challenging!



AMLAN (Dr. Satan): It seems David is something like Paul Revere on his fox-in-the-forest.
ANDREW (Erin): Speedy-transmission of information for 'good medicine' is vital, doctor.



Erin's right. The value of 'good medicine' is in the administration of its proper dosages and lifestyle infusion. We don't want youngsters afflicted with the Coronavirus to feel their elders/parents are troubled by mental challenges regarding prioritizing basic medical resources and sanity!



When Dr. Satan and Erin Andrew woke from their strange but inspirational 'good medicine' dream, they decided to order a special David the Gnome t-shirt online for their upcoming media-interview at Johns Hopkins.



Dr. Satan and Erin Andrew were in unusual masks and gear for their media-presentation at Johns Hopkins about the value of administering speedy information using media platforms in this new era of great socialization dogma and networks (e.g., The Learning Channel).



DR. SATAN: I think I'll get a special thermo-flask David the Gnome to remind me of the 'good medicine' dream!



“Without equity, we cannot end COVID-19, HIV or any other pandemic” (Peter Sands, Global Fund).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on June 23, 2021
Last Updated on June 23, 2021
Tags: Cartoon Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Houseguest Houseguest

A Story by Abishai100