Toronto Hockey Gang: The Thieves!

Toronto Hockey Gang: The Thieves!

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrative account of a female journalist's folklore-coverage of her boyfriend, an ice-hockey athlete and bank robber, and his blood-diamond date.

"
A very fun ice-hockey blood-diamond vignette inspired by the iconic and equally-fun American robbery-adventure film Point Break starring the late, great Patrick Swayze! Enjoy, 
----
====

This is the story of my boyfriend, captain of the Toronto men's ice-hockey team and leader of the Toronto hockey gang known as the Thieves. I've lived in Toronto all my life as a reporter. My greatest story is about my bandit boyfriend who's made Toronto a place of special intrigue in the 21st Century!



My name's Esmerelda. I studied communications/journalism at the University of Toronto before working for a time for Playboy magazine, writing society pieces on media-moguls and modern entertainment before becoming a freelance journalist. I'm now writing this story about my bandit-boyfriend.



The Toronto ice-hockey team is perfectly poised this season to win the championship, and my boyfriend Amlan is the captain and striker of the hot team. They're expected to defeat their longtime rivals in the championship this season. It's a great story by itself, if you're a fan of local sports media!



Toronto has a long and rich tradition in men's ice-hockey, as does all of Canada itself. However, my boyfriend Amlan wants special spotlight brought to his local team so Toronto ice-hockey will be lifted to greater and more exciting levels in the media stage.



However, Amlan's not just an athlete but also a bank robber. His two team-mates, Marcus and Raki, are his two allies in the bank robbery gang known as the Thieves. This season, they planned the perfect heist of a baron's blood-diamonds from a Toronto bank, during the ice-hockey season.



Amlan likes to make children's comic book doodles in his off-time on the Net, for quarantine-time children's enrichment and education on a special public portal designed to encourage youngsters to indulge in this modern wondrous fantastic form of daydream adventure-heroism artwork. Mostly, it's just plain simple Western color-pencil imagination, and it thrills me to see Amlan be a part of this children's wave in Toronto.



Well, needless to say, the Thieves planned their diamond-heist of the baron's blood diamonds in the Toronto bank, costumed as disguised as theater-circus freaks. They walked into the bank carrying a bag full of toy guns.



The Thieves walked into the bank with their bag of toy guns and explained to the bank manager they hoped to open a new account for their circus-company in which to store their Belgian diamonds. They requested a special escort by the guardsman to enter the safe-box area and inspect the diamond-holdings of the famous baron rumored to be storing blood-diamonds (warlord-mined gems from Africa/Europe used to fund terrorism!) in that Toronto bank. They explained they needed special one-shot photos of the baron's gems for a circus-media presentation on modern baron holdings in Canadian diamonds for their theater show about toys and capitalism gems.



The bank the Thieves were robbing is a very impressive bank indeed, and neither the manager nor the guardsman realized the Thieves were members of the popular local men's ice-hockey team (Amlan/Marcus/Raki)! The Toronto bank is considered one of the finest institutions of capitalism indulgences in North America, which is why that ruthless baron stored his blood-diamonds in that particular bank the Thieves were robbing.



The inside of the bank is really as immaculate, comfy, and impressive as the exterior! There's plenty of leg-room, carpets, computer services, and personnel to make someone feel in awe of modern banking. The Thieves therefore had to be perfect in this blood-diamond heist.



Once escorted inside the vault-room by the manager/guardsman, the Thieves began taking photos of the baron's blood-diamonds for their theater-show while storing their own circus-company's (fake) gems inside one of the safe-boxes, opened under their new club account. While this was being done, the Thieves (Amlan/Marcus/Raki) showed off their toy guns and revealed how some of their toy guns were filled with vegetable juice (for consumption!). While the manager/guardsman were too busy entertaining and indulging themselves with these 'tasty' toy guns, Amlan switched the baron's blood-diamonds with the fakes the Thieves brought with them. Nothing was seen clearly by the security cameras, since Marcus and Raki were standing in front of them doing a jumping dance inside the vault-room during this hilarious stunt!



The dastardly Thieves (Amlan/Marcus/Raki) walked out that Toronto bank that day with $20 million worth of the baron's blood-diamonds, and the next month, the newspapers read the funny story, "Baron rumored to be blood-diamond master suspects his bank activities are now watched by street-dummies."



The Thieves then made off with the baron's blood-diamonds and hopped onto the Toronto subway and made it to their ice-hockey rink for their next practice session, in preparation for their upcoming game. The Thieves were still costumed as the fake circus-company artists on the subway, and no one's the wiser for this now.



The Toronto police are now investigating the baron's activities in blood-diamond traffic much more seriously, in all irony.



Amlan and the Thieves explained to me how he'd planned the perfect and well-timed subway getaway with the baron's blood-diamonds hidden in the soles of their shoes. They took the subway in routes that cops wouldn't suspect any foul play or criminal connection to blood-diamond traffic before arriving at their ice-hockey rink.



Amlan then took me to a music concert in Toronto to help us all forget about all these blood-diamond woes in Toronto.



Will the Thieves' dastardly stunt with the baron's blood-diamonds prompt new forms of bank robbery and daredevil Robin Hood heroics among other ice-hockey athletes/teams? I think no, but who can be sure? After all, blood-diamond corruption had generated many forms of inventive North American heroism-storytelling among ice-hockey players.



Amlan and his team-mates had managed to win that local men's ice-hockey championship that season. I congratulated the Thieves for their careful media subversion of the baron's nefarious blood-diamond traffic in Toronto. However, I was more thrilled that my boyfriend Amlan would be celebrating safe-and-happy ice-hockey achievements on the ice in Toronto.



So, why'd this offbeat Robin Hood story about the Thieves, a gang of Toronto ice-hockey acrobats, inspire me to create a special 'society-tale' of blood-diamond vigilantism? Perhaps what this city needed was a good old jolt of metaphysical other-worldly...dreams.



"Ice-hockey players can walk on water" (Author Unknown).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on July 2, 2021
Last Updated on July 2, 2021
Tags: Ice-Hockey, Heist

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing