Batman: Year-One

Batman: Year-One

A Story by Abishai100
"

Amlan Satan begins his 'vigilantism-vision' in blood-diamond crime emerging Arles (France) to create a new idea of Euro-dawn.

"
A fanfiction dedicated to the concept-project, Aronofsky's Batman: Year One (which was never made sadly!), which many of us DC Comics fans yearned to see on the big screen. Hope you like it, 
----

====

Amlan Satan is a princely-inheritor of his family estate but travels to Arles (France) after graduating Princeton with-honors to study the heart of crime at night. After his parents are murdered, Satan (Amlan) vows to pledge his life to crime-fighting as some kind of vigilante and finds unusual inspiration in Arles (France) where emerging terrorism-financing 'blood-diamonds' are drawing in a new breed of villainy into a Euro-place otherwise marked by great night-time magic and art.



Amlan wonders what kind or brand of vigilante he wants to become. He's born in Algeria and studied Fanonian FLN revolutionary theory but also likes the writings of Alfred North Whitehead and struggles now to balance radicalism with conservatism. He's a real nerd. Amlan meanwhile prowls the streets of Arles at night looking for signs of blood-diamond super-criminals wandering. He considers himself now a reporter of Arles.



AMLAN: Blood-diamonds threaten modern capitalism and terrorism-financing, and a new kind of villainy emerges!



Amlan takes the Arles subway at night to get around the area and hop over to Paris and back for info-exchanges with the French police chief Luc Besson who's daughter Amlan dated in college in the USA. Luc likes Amlan's inquisitiveness and reminds him to stay cautious/alert as he gathers info about Arles blood-diamond criminal insanity. Satan (Amlan) considers the subway his 'mobile' for Euro-reporting.



Amlan takes his glasses off one night in his Arles hostel-room and takes selfies to consider if he should just wander around Arles not as a costumed vigilante but as a silent 'tourist' who's just looking for signs of villainy linked to blood-diamonds while wielding unusual weaponry in his pockets.



AMLAN: I want a Cartesian graph of the emerging/extrapolate crimes of Arles related to diamond-capitalism diagonals!



He begins to wander around Arles carrying a water-gun filled with hot acid. If a super-villain of criminal-insanity proportions linked to blood-diamond dynamics approaches him, masked or simply weaponized, Amlan will shoot his shoes/boots with acid, claiming, "Beware this 'vigilante' of French-police connected dollars."



Amlan Satan encounters the first real 'batch' of criminally-insane 'super-villains' in modern Arles linked to blood-diamond motions and terrorism-financing in Europe. The gang's masked like harvest-farmers and led by a maniac named Scarecrow who wields a strange LSD-powder which if thrown into a victim's eyes will induce very unhealthy hallucinations/nightmares. Scarecrow is a messenger of extortion linked to blood-diamond financing and threatens jewelry-store customers/patrons/trustees. Amlan begins to think he needs to seriously transform into a 'super-hero' to deal with Scarecrow and his masked Arles gang.



Scarecrow's gang is behind the murder of two Jewish policeman working in Arles trying to curb blood-diamond investments by invading capitalism-barons from Amsterdam and Paris. Satan (Amlan!) thinks this is the heavy-sign of Arles going to hell and considers this 'Year One' of his vigilante crusade/helmet.



AMLAN: I want Arles to look/feel like a normal and beautiful place of traffic once more.



Another 'super-villain' emerges and calls himself the Hatter. This mind-trickster wields tea-sets and playing cards which he uses to entice walking cops for evening chats and games, all the while slipping their tea with deadly poisons, intended to just 'eliminate' them from modern Arles blood-diamond detective work. Amlan knows Hatter is like the Devil's Advocate.



Amlan decides to walk up to the Hatter one day and show off his tranquilizer-dart gun to the sitting/costumed madman at a cafe at night in Arles. He tells Hatter that he intends to inoculate any wandering 'blood-diamond ghoul' with his tranqulizer-gun and carry his body to the Arles police. When Hatter asks him, "Are you a vigilante-crusader?", Amlan ominously stands up, points his tranquilizer-gun at Hatter's head, and claims, "No, but I think I know someone who is!"



Satan (Amlan) doesn't know any other Arles vigilante. However, he meets a gorgeous young Thai woman named Akash who's been studying martial-arts and vigilante-combat styles. He desperately entreats her to become his ally, but she insists he first determine his full costume-method of crime-fighting before she decides to honor him with her unique brand of 'catwoman-policework.'



Meanwhile, more cops are dead in Arles, and this time the culprit may be the insidious Hatter himself. However, Satan (Amlan) keeps his options for detection open, considering the very real possibility that a member of Scarecrow's gang is behind these new night-crimes.



Amlan decides to put up flyers with portraits of Akash dressed as the female vigilante 'Catwoman' (an allegorical allusion to night-time maneuverability), claiming that this 'Catwoman' will remind jewelry-store owners in Arles/France that blood-diamond traffic can't destroy the magic of capitalism/art.



Amlan Satan takes one step closer to his full vigilante-consciousness and dons a maudlin costume and calls himself Thespian and wields a toy water-rifle filled with acid. He's become a diamond-thief, stealing blood-diamonds from the Arles bank safe-box linked to a corrupt capitalism-baron and Scarecrow by pretending to be a terrorism-theater performer linked to the baron's new media-campaign about diamond-swap gossip.



AMLAN: Perhaps as this vigilante-thief 'Thespian' in Arles, I can subvert blood-diamond baron 'mystique' for good!



AKASH/CATWOMAN: I've fashioned you a vigilante costume, Satan.
SATAN (Amlan): It's beautiful, Catwoman.
CATWOMAN: You'll now be the 'Batman' in Arles.
SATAN: Perfect...



Will 'Year One' of Batman's crusade yield serious inroads into the new crime-labyrinth created by these Euro-supervillains like Scarecrow/Hatter? Will Batman (Amlan Satan) and his new female ally Catwoman become Arles' answer to blood-diamond induced modern European death?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on August 4, 2021
Last Updated on August 4, 2021
Tags: Aronofsky Concept [Fan-Fiction]

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles-Rook Arles-Rook

A Story by Abishai100