Alitalia: The Road Past 9/11

Alitalia: The Road Past 9/11

A Story by Abishai100
"

An account of the commercial resilience of humanity following the terrorism-trauma of 9/11, referencing the dioramic Alitalia company!

"
An homage to 9/11 anti-terrorism folklore, referencing the iconic and modern commerce-symbolic/toasting company Alitalia (Italian airlines). Thanks so much for reading (and God bless!), 
----

====

On September 11 (2001), two passenger airplanes hijacked by fundamentalism-terrorists from the Middle East, were crashed into the Twin Towers in NYC, sending ripples into the new millennium that some kind of Apocalypse or Great Tribulation was at hand in this new era of media and network driven capitalism-globalization. The world was horrified.



The news-folks of the USA were shocked and appalled at the terrible tragedy which saw many lives lost and an incredible monument to global commerce (in NYC!) completely destroyed. The Twin Towers, including the World Trade Center, were now gone. America and the entire commercial world had to now rebuild. The atmosphere on CNN and American news-TV was...depression.



In Europe, soon sometime thereafter in this new millennium of many possibilities afforded by media (which saw humanity through, and is still doing so, through the Coronavirus Quarantine tribulation of 2020-2021), commercial activities were being burgeoned to continue to foster the consumerism idealism traumatized by 9/11.



The 'face' of Euro-TV was sports and sports and more sports. Tourism catered to this high Euro-activity, and video-game sales in the USA were boosted because of the popularity of Euro-sports clubs like the iconic Juventus soccer team in Italy, which had boasted the incredible superstar talent Ronaldo of Portgual.



The fans of Juventus came out in proud and gorgeous uniform colors, celebrating the achievements of their Italian club-soccer squad which would see forms of consumerism/media-light amidst this rather 'darkened' post-9/11 climate of capitalism-paranoia.



Alitalia, the commercial airline company of Italy, promised the world safe-and-secure travel/tourism after the horror of 9/11, when passenger airplanes hijacked were crashed deliberately into the World Trade Center. Alitalia stood at the forefront of a handful of promising new era airline companies (including KLM, Korean Air, Tarom, and Swiss Air) rebuilding the entire industry after the social fallout and fear created by the trauma of 9/11-terrorism!



Alitalia is considered one of the most respected and commercially viable global airline companies (based in Europe). Italy historically had its own private challenge of climbing out of the stigma of WWII and transcending Mussolini's fascist 'empire' which was allied to the Nazis. Alitalia, like Germany's Lufthansa, represented a modern globalized capitalism interest in using media/consumerism to advance the notion of post-9/11 commercial travel and safe tourism.



A lone-terrorist in this new era is Amlan Satan (code-name: Storm-Shadow), an Interpol-relations 'defector' working formerly with blood-diamond (warlord-mined gems from Africa/Europe used to fund rogue terrorism!) infiltrations in Europe and North America. Satan ('Storm-Shadow') has decided to become a rogue terrorist and use Alitalia as a hijack-platform to draw attention away from blood-diamond traffic in Europe. He's using dark and rogue vigilante tactics to combat blood-diamond smuggling after being frustrated by normal Interpol-work. He's considered a threat to modern post-9/11 Alitalia symbolic anti-terrorism defense rhetoric.



INTERPOL: Blood-diamond corruption today threatens the entire world diamond-exchange!



The mood at the international airport in Italy, where Alitalia is based/operates, was somber. They wanted to continue to uphold the tones of sanity/security following the terrorism-trauma of 9/11. However, Storm-Shadow (Amlan Satan), the terrorist-vigilante, showed up with a case of diamonds and a toy water-rifle filled with acid, determined to hijack an Alitalia plane and detour it towards New Zealand and land it in the Outback!



ALITALIA: We're committed to new era post-9/11 anti-terrorism security and reliability for commercial travel today!



ITALY NEWS NETWORK: Dealing with the media obligations of the Quarantine period requires journalism attention to travel.



Meanwhile, back in the good old USA, a family celebrated their daughter's birthday and job promotion at a fun and tasty Olive Garden Italian restaurant in New Jersey (East Coast). This was a high-point in 'pedestrian capitalism' and consumerism lifestyle, as this customer-family who'd been loyal patrons of the Olive Garden restaurant celebrated a form of post-9/11 anti-terrorism life on Earth.



STORM-SHADOW: Can shrimp-alfredo cure the modern paranoia behind realistic terrorism-depression?



“Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it.”
― Noam Chomsky

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

29 Views
Added on August 17, 2021
Last Updated on August 17, 2021
Tags: 9/11, Travel, Anti-Terrorism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing