Death Wish X: The Notre Dame Journalist!

Death Wish X: The Notre Dame Journalist!

A Story by Abishai100
"

An idealist-progressive at Notre Dame works on Catholic-Protestant fears in the United Kingdom as we approach the 20th Anniversary of 9/11.

"
A 9/11-homage to American journalism, inspired by The Post (Tom Hanks)! 
----

====

Notre Dame is a world-renowned Catholic university in the United States of America. It is the home of the celebrated Fightin' Irish college-football team which boasts a nationalized TV contract with NBC and has shined talents/legends like Joe Montana and Lou Holtz. It's where a radical Interpol-relations guerilla-intelligence journalist/professor named Amlan Satan is working on a series of publications for The Observer regarding rogue terrorism-and-violence funding channeling from Africa into Northern Ireland (i.e., blood-diamonds). Notre Dame is suddenly a source of great geopolitical journalism intrigue.



Irish resistance to British rule is centuries-old, and Catholic and Protestant differences are too and not just apparent in Ireland/England. However, Irish Catholics and British Protestants have not seen eye-to-eye for generations, resulting in canonical engagements (armed!) in the United Kingdom, culminating in the formation of the independent Catholic Republic of Ireland in the early 20th Century.



Notre Dame is where a huge population of Irish-Catholic students/professors work, play, and study. They learn about the history of divisions between Catholicism and Protestantism in troubled Northern Ireland, where an Irish Catholic minority population continue to reside alongside a ruling British Protestant majority population under United Kingdom governance. The Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland (Belfast) are a minority because the British Protestant majority living there today are descendants of generations of colonial settlers. Following the independence of mainland Catholic Ireland (Dublin) from British rule in the 20th Century, Belfast (Northern Ireland) remained part of the United Kingdom for these reasons, creating new and dissatisfied factions of the inventive guerrilla group known as the Irish Republican Army (IRA). This Catholic-Protestant schism in modern Northern Ireland (UK) is the source of much modern dialogue regarding the divisions between these two dominant denominations in the world Christian community. Notre Dame students/professors study such things actively in their Catholic university dominated by an Irish-Catholic interest!



Professor Amlan Satan of Notre Dame is working on a radical series of works for The Observer regarding rogue/undesirable terrorism-and-violence financing 'blood-diamonds' smuggled into Northern Ireland (UK) and destroying normal talks between standard IRA groups through Sinn Fein (the legal/political 'branch' of Irish Catholic politics!) and British Parliament. Dr. Satan is talking about the generations of guerrilla-actions performed by the radical IRA groups in Belfast (Northern Ireland) to remove the British Protestant majority population still occupying the region where Irish Catholics still live as a minority-group, separated from their Dublin brethren and mainland Ireland because of these descendants of colonial settlers from the British Empire. This Irish Catholic minority in modern Northern Ireland endures socioeconomic conditions making them a sub-class and suffering problems of unemployment/poverty somewhat mismanaged by Parliament policy. This is what Sinn Fein hopes to reform and works with IRA groups to cease guerrilla actions on British police-military barracks in Northern Ireland and frustration-induced retaliation brute-force/violence by the police-military. Dr. Satan is writing about underworld undesirable rogue blood-diamond violence-financing (independent terrorism!) and British police-military retaliation brute force in troubled Belfast. As such, he's become something of an Internet/Observer costumed journalism-academic 'vigilante' (known at Notre Dame as the 'Shadow' --- reference to a DC Comics character in the USA).



DR. SATAN: We've formed an inter-religious advocacy group here called the Foreign Irish Republican Army and use papers!



Dr. Satan enlists the resources offered by the luxurious and media-rich United States of America to raise awareness of the simple and dark truth/reality that Catholic-Protestant schisms in troubled Northern Ireland (UK) today is dividing the world's two largest denominations of the Christian faith. These American media resources/messengers will hopefully add 'voice' to a Western/democratic dialogue regarding the violence between the IRA and British police-military leading to civilian casualties (Catholic/Protestant alike!), including women and children and even in some cases senior-citizens. How can Americans make movies about religious tolerance and Christianity powers while ignoring the violence between Catholics and Protestants in the United Kingdom?



THE OBSERVER: We've collected images of Catholic/Protestant schoolchildren walking past guerrillas and police in the street!



DR. SATAN: I've shown my students an engaging Alan J. Pakula film about the troubles in Northern Ireland, starring Brad Pitt!



Now, Pakula is well-known for his iconic movie about the Nazi Holocaust experience, but his recent foray into Catholic-Protestant 'troubles' in modern Northern Ireland (UK) has stirred a cult-following in the Western world and generated forms of sympathetic organic-life and superstition-themed artworks signifying democratic/pluralism dogma. Dr. Satan presents such symbols in his Notre Dame courses about the 'craftsmanship' behind modern inventive life artworks re-presenting forms of shared life on Earth.



DR. SATAN: Protestant and Catholic students in Northern Ireland today can't walk in the street without fear of violence.



As we approach the 20th Anniversary of 9/11, when anti-Western terrorists destroyed the commerce-symbolic World Trade Center in NYC with hijacked passenger airplanes, we might think of the images of guerrilla violence and retaliation British police-military brute force in troubled Northern Ireland (UK) which create new ideas about divisions between religious groups. The hell of 9/11 was linked to Israel-Palestine, but is this new Catholic-Protestant hell in Northern Ireland (UK) generating a new 'paranoia' about religion-based life depression on Earth?



THE OBSERVER: We loved Wall Street and saw the World Trade Center hell and don't want London Bridge destroyed too!



DR. SATAN: How will my Notre Dame students respond to this Catholic-Protestant fear in Belfast as we approach 9/11?



CRITIC: Catholic-Protestant rifts in the United Kingdom are overshadowed by the petroleum-politics of Israel-Palestine.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on August 31, 2021
Last Updated on August 31, 2021
Tags: UK Politics, American Media, Democracy

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles-Rook Arles-Rook

A Story by Abishai100