Stouffer's Sisters Secrets

Stouffer's Sisters Secrets

A Story by Abishai100
"

A simple lens on the quality of consumerism-imagination, re-presented through an experience of smalltown sibling depression.

"
An offbeat ode to commerce intuition and its impact of American lifestyle itself, inspired by Fried Green Tomatoes. Thanks for reading, 
----
====

In the winter of 2022, a small/iconic snowy Christmastown was about to become the place of a terrific sibling-rivalry folktale involving microwave comforts for everyday life.



The folktale involved the market of a special/valued American microwave TV-dinner food company which would become as symbolic of capitalism as Public Television had become of smalltown imagination, and the sibling-rivalry involved two special/valued sisters (women!) who'd been considered polar opposites of each other, perhaps ideal for this marketing of capitalism's peculiar shape(s).



The 'good' sister is Ashley, a woman of self-reliance and means/methods and Ivy League graduate and ambitious to make the microwave-TV dinner company-product the Christmastime smalltown's great chatter subject worthy of dinner-table conversations about inventive commerce-vanity related customs reinventions. Ashley wanted to make this TV-dinner company product the town's great conversation subject, worth more to Americans than idle gossip (e.g., People Magazine). You see, Ashley's a real American market defender --- a masked maidservant with terrific style.



The other sister is Lynn, who's much more a liberal/radical and punk-rock fan and quite the polar opposite of her sister Ashley. You see, to Lynn, the microwave-TV dinner company product was symbolic of basic thinking and not social customs/norms and wanted to create a cyber-comic casting the convenience-food in the Christmastown (USA) as reflective of a simple life choice and of no civilization symbolism. Lynn discredited the notion the commerce-lifestyle based interests or imagination would catalyze true dialogue. She loved strange MTV music-videos and didn't enjoy the idea of disornamented democracy.



LYNN: There's nothing 'canonical' about a typical microwave-food product of convenience, sister.
ASHLEY: This is a time of super-market imagination and the conveniences for everyday citizens, honey!
LYNN: We can't use the prototype 'wheelchair' to hype the social pyramids of dollars, sister.
ASHLEY: This is a time of real commercial vanity normalization for the regular citizens' experience with money, honey!



As the two sisters in this iconic/symbolic snowy Christmastown debated publicly that holiday-season about the 'worth' of hyping this special/symbolic microwave-TV dinner food company product in the cyber-community, their disagreements ironically created its own 'arena' for special capitalism conversationalism! This was the true irony of socialized dialogue --- access to free diamonds.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on January 18, 2022
Last Updated on January 18, 2022
Tags: American Folklore

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing