Philly/Faerie: The Duty-Free Trial

Philly/Faerie: The Duty-Free Trial

A Story by Abishai100
"

Strange/alternative vignette of an academic-circle(s) case involving myth-allowance(s) and the controversy surrounding new-era dogma.

"
A strange fictional modern 'tale' about skepticism and open-ended entreating of high-myth perhaps reflective of a democratic society, inspired loosely by Philadelphia (Tom Hanks). Enjoy, 
----

====

I've been trying a special case involving the circulation of faerie (mythic tiny winged humanoids of the Earth-forest with messages of warning/wisdom) inquiries and studies at UPenn, a distinguished American school.



It was the pioneering work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle which brought faerie-studies into the academic mainstream, and now these fascinating crypto-mythology studies have reached the distinguished campus of UPenn, where this academic-circle(s) case has reached the level of high-interest as well as parallel skepticism in the City of Brotherly Love.



The case involves many players/scientists/journalists and academics/scholars and theosophists and even a relative of Doyle (author) himself who wish to pursue the ideations behind free-speech circulation of faerie-studies/inquiry in cyber-forums reserved for academic institution dialogue and formal science talk(s). The UPenn case will investigate if such inquiry is within the 'realm' of rational academic/scientific conversation or simply a matter of continuing historical mythology 'frills' and indulgences.



I'm dressed in my handsome suit-and-shirt and glasses and researching the right stuff for this special case at UPenn. I'm to challenge the Skeptics Society which will defy the new academic-circle(s) club known as FrW ("Faerie-Warriors") which seeks to circulate faerie sightings talk and theosophy inquiries meant to hybridize faerie tales and Christian archetype lore surrounding angels and demons.



SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: We've got to maintain that the rationale behind this pursuit of 'mythic' academia is merely hearsay.
FrW (My clients): This goes beyond simple negation of 'interest-based' intellectualism and strikes at intellectual freedom(s)!
SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: There's no evidence that faeries are more 'real' than Christian angels/demons.
FrW (My clients): Well, isn't it arguable that the Skeptics-Society means merely to discredit 'open-inquiry' as circle-closure?



The evidence is quite alarming, incidentally. The apparent skeletal 'tiny-figurine' body of an actual real-life 'faerie' creature-humanoid 'being' was discovered in the West and seemed to capture a 'natural' fascination with the mythical curiosity surrounding these fluttering/flying humanoids with apparent/pseudo messages about Earth vitality or mysteries.



More evidence surrounds the sightings of flying firefly-like bugs caught on video which shine a firefly-like light but alarmingly exhibit strange human-shaped bodies that are every clearly faerie-like and not like those of 'standard' insects! It's quite an image/video we've found for this UPenn case in Philadelphia, and all kinds of world-issues have been raised, including racism, homophobia, and classism!



Another evidence is a very eerie photo of a rather 'Gargoyle' looking/shaped 'faerie' standing in the light by a tree-area in a forest taken by an amateur sighter and indicates the being wishes to signal the observer/human in some gesture about acknowledged discovery (with albeit little clue regarding if the acknowledgement is followed by any hostility/friendship!).



SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: This 'evidence' the FrW has presented in this media-driven inquiry seems to indicate forms of indulgence.
FrW (My Clients): We 'doubt' these images/videos simply or only re-present human/academic 'biases' about child's-play!
SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: Do these 'faerie' inquiries really offer us anything 'new' in the realm of shared/open democratic IQ?
FrW (My Clients): Philadelphia is a city of religious folk, and these evidence/images certainly offer 'dreams' of science!



A media-spokesperson shows up to this landmark UPenn media-'event' and claims she's been a faerie 'hunter' as a child in New England and gave up the pursuit because of its childish qualities but found renewed interest(s) after reading the work(s) of Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) and wonders now if media-lights on faerie-inquiry may offer something 'new' in the academic-circle(s) of real magazine-culture interests in the 'dazzle' of worldly fun.



SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: There's not a 'good' way to incorporate mythology 'frills' into formal academic circles!
FrW (My Clients): This new cyber-era is open to creative forms of academic indulgences.
SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: Well, the idea that open chatter in cyber-academics will cater to 'real' science is controversy!
FrW: Sure; but the faerie-inquiry regards a renewed interest in humanism and pluralism-based anti-Eugenics IQ.
SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: There's no reason to presuppose 'faeries' defy/denounce undesirable Eugenics theory!
FrW: Sure there is; a 'faerie' inquiry naturally presupposes ideas about inclusivity and access to myth by any human.
SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: There's Skepticism (formal) philosophy arguing that no 'hypothetical' being may not be racist.
FrW: True; but faerie-inquiry, by definition or lack of category, infers ideas about inclusion of any race/ethnicity.
SKEPTICS-SOCIETY: We concede for the matter that faerie-studies must incorporate values of 'inclusive' skepticism.
FrW: That's a fair compromise for UPenn...and for us!



Finally, after the trying landmark UPenn media-trial ends, I take a vacation to another Ivy, my alma-mater, where I return for a summer reunion at my social-house ('BG') and take some photos outside my old dorm-room window, dreaming of 'faeries' and sightings which just might justify my personal/private fascination with this inquiry as a man of Catholic faith (converted-Christianity).



DIARY: Sometimes I dream I am some kind of 'faerie' because I matter-of-fact imagine I'm partaking in 'delusion' flight(s).



Whether or not I'm a faerie myself or whether Arthur Conan Doyle was 'righteous' in suggesting/implying faerie-studies offer us something 'new' about academic rigors and open-ended experimentations with science's limitations may not be as 'vital' as the social notion/IQ that a faerie, like a Christian/Catholic angel (or demon!), is a 'messenger' (simply/only!) of intelligible discontinuities!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on May 20, 2022
Last Updated on May 20, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing