Lion-O: Dr.

Lion-O: Dr.

A Story by Abishai100
"

A portrait of a Hollywood limo-chauffeur who recounts what makes the 'cinema-machine' representative of American/Western dealings.

"
An homage to the 'magical charm' of Hollywood's machine, told through the view(s) of a fictional chauffeur and inspired loosely by the representative cinema-distances film The Player (Tim Robbins). Thanks so much for reading, 
----

====

I've been a Hollywood chauffeur for some time now, driving around the 'stars' of the world, mostly to the golden Oscar(s)-night, offering the media-broadcast era special traffic-road drive comforts/securities for the ride to the voyage of the glitter/dazzle of honoring the achievements in film-making. The pageantry is something wondrous, I often record the Awards-show nights on my TV.



The art that comes out of the Hollywood 'machine' is quite something. We think of the motion-pictures/stories that move our brains/minds to 'dream' of alternative universes where we may/can indulge our fears/wishes and think about the context(s) of our own personal/real lives.



The star-studded pageantry of Oscars-night is what anti-American terrorists (these days!) seem to look upon with a rather 'critical' eye, perhaps taking 'stock' of what's made the United States (Western civilization) an 'empire' of cast self-idealization, ambitious storyboarding, and of course, glamour and gossip!



To be a chauffeur, a limo-driver to the 'stars' of the world for various Hollywood driving-needs and for Oscars-night is a real gem of an honor. I think about what it's like to be able to cast/portray the avatars/characters in the stories on screen/film that offer us a living psychiatry that's sometimes 'superior' to going to the Doc. I dress in a casual but handsome suit-and-s**t when I drive my Corvette-limo to take the 'stars' of the world to Oscars-night!



PASSENGER/CELEBRITY: This is an amazing limo-car, good man; you must get great compliments for it, good man.
ME: Yes, I certainly do, fair lady of Hollywood; in fact, it's the driving that sets me apart for Oscars-night (haha).



Just think. The 'avatars' we witness on screen and in theaters and on Netflix/TV because of the ambition and raw talent behind the Hollywood 'machine' re-create world-eyes and the imagination behind the colors of drama or fear or comedy or fantasy. This is what sets America apart --- escape!



PASSENGER: Good man, what's your 'real' view of the Hollywood stars-street, with those 'great' names printed on the roads?
ME: There's nothing like it; it makes me giddy to live in America, Mr. Hollywood!



In this post-9/11 era of traffic-fear(s) and worries about American strength/stability in commerce and transit, we may think of what makes the Hollywood 'shine' a thing to simply float through with a saner sense of human diplomacy. I like being a Hollywood chauffeur (yes!).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on May 23, 2022
Last Updated on May 23, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles-Rook Arles-Rook

A Story by Abishai100