Chess-Terminal: Dream-IQ!

Chess-Terminal: Dream-IQ!

A Story by Abishai100
"

An alien and a racer both in modern Cairo cast a chess-exhibition for meditations on universal destiny.

"
A sci-fi 'chess' fable inspired loosely by K-PAX (Kevin Spacey). Enjoy, 
----
====

Two rivals wanted to use their unique renditions of chess-play to challenge each other in Cairo. The contenders included an alien from a faraway dimension named Endymion who wanted a 'serious' challenger who'd offer him a more 'creative' version of libertine-play to complement his more machine-like utilitarian style of play which he'd not personally seen in any of his other competitors; and a libertine car-racer and Catholic video-game expert in the United States named Amlan Satan.



ENDYMION: I've come a far-distance using the Stargate dimension-portal and found you through video-gameplay on Earth.
AMLAN SATAN: Cool; I noticed in your presentation(s) that your chess-play might reflect the portal-distance of infinity!



Amlan Satan and Endymion procured a hand-crafted wooden chess-set/board for their special challenging private/pensive game in Cairo, while Amlan was there traveling to test-drive some very nice McLaren autos for the Weyland company, and Endymion likewise was becoming an 'avid-fan' of Alien pulp-fiction novels which he began blogging about using iPhone-Facebook!



ENDYMION: Your Earth-civilization IQ is quite rich in color, and I'm particularly a fan of the Omnibus sci-fi misadventure tales.
AMLAN SATAN: Yes, that entire sci-fi 'misadventure' franchise speaks to a universal fascination with dimension-survivalism!



Amlan Satan was going to meet-up with his lady-friend at Logan (Airport!) after his 'serious' chess-jaunt with Endymion (Cairo) and hoped he'd impress her with some very-nice Egypt-hieroglyph(s) artworks that Endymion would offer but only if Satan offered him the 'satisfying' caliber-chessplay, which honestly, Amlan wasn't insecure about casting during this contest of meditations. He kept dreaming of seeing his girl at Logan after the attempted-triumph which became his fixed inspiration (Logan).



ENDYMION: Well, after our 7-series (chessplay), you've managed to eek-out a 4-3 overall victory against me, Mr. Satan.
AMLAN SATAN: Indeed; your 'brand' of play machine-like focus (quite hypnotic!), but you now owe me some congrats-art.
ENDYMION: Oh, well, yes, that hieroglyph-paper of gold-value I conceded to gift you (for your lady-friend?) if play shines!
AMLAN SATAN: Awesome/excellence; I'll keep that 'doughnut' secret about your alien origins, Endymion.



What does serious intellectualism-work/play (chess) offer to minds from differing parts of the known (modern) universe? This is a time of great tech-toy intrigue, and perhaps Amlan/Endymion highlighted what'd become a thing of civilization-IQ with their astounding chess-play/meditation in Cairo and re-presented an overall Earth-feeling of what hoists a socialized celebration of 'destiny' things like NASA-diary.



AMLAN SATAN: I'm set to greet my girl at Logan (Airport!), and I'll remember this chess-dream as a 'lyric' for democracy.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on July 17, 2022
Last Updated on July 17, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing