Western Handwriting {Father's Chess}

Western Handwriting {Father's Chess}

A Story by Abishai100
"

Amlan Satan manages a cyber-ranching education 'event' but must 'transcend' the ghost-haunt like visit by his estranged 'evil-cowboy' father Emit (for his hourglass!).

"
An American Dream fable of unusual 'proportion' inspired by the gripping American values-film/exposition Flesh and Bone (Dennis Quaid), which I hope you'll like, 
----
====

AMLAN SATAN: This cyber-venture for ranching-simulation in the Homeland is excellent idea for our Western chess-club after the graduation ceremony (Deep-Springs?) concludes of a special view of great American intelligence for all (ha)...and we'll get some nice social media sponsors for a movie-night examination of cowboy-handwriting (too!).



The 'Earth-prince' (Amlan Satan) had prepared a rather handsome hospitality-exercise for his cyber-society (New_Porcellian) in the post-9/11 era Homeland (America) for an expo of intelligence-activity choreography for future educators/investors in the cowboy/farm/ranch storyboard and management/capitalism-history logging and even prepared for an extra credit enhancement involving 'authentic' cowboy/Indian old-American cuisine for social-media commentary (wow).



However, something 'darker' was in-store for this prince as his 'evil-cowboy' father (Emit) prepared a hasty visit to the 'estate' of the prince (Amlan Satan) and would require some extra-credit ingenuity from the hand of Satan to choreograph some social network assistance to exorcise the demons of the past for a greater cyber-view of this future expo for all (hmm).



AMLAN: We've got some extra credit sponsors from an Ivy Pow-Wow (event) from spring and (Deep-Springs?) ties with cyber-nets will offer this hospitality exercise in American history of capitalism-race 'migrations' a cool view of all that's especially Western/handwriting for all (ha).



GIRLFRIEND: I got a stranger call from your father (Emit) the other day, darlin.
SATAN (Amlan): Why?
GIRLFRIEND: Seemed he wanted to inform you (through me!) of this visit for your expo, darlin!
SATAN: Why'd he want me to know...did he mention anything extra (to you, for me)?
GIRLFRIEND: No, but he claimed he was 'fascinated' by gossip to see your cyber-photos of sponsors.



Emit was an alcoholic whom Amlan Satan 'escaped' from when he finished-up high school to enter ranching/classical education for a post-grad 'venture' of cyber-homeschooling and investments with his cool Wall Street (Ford) earnings in the early 21st-Century (wow). While Amlan designed his cyber-event extra-credit sideshow ranching-simulation video-game exercises for students/ranchers/investors, he thought how best to 'choreograph' his 'chess-game' with Emit who'd arrive at any given moment/Sunday. Was this a cyber-examination of a 'collegiate' debt for Aman/Emit?

AMLAN (Diary): Daddy paid for college; me thinks he's collecting (emotionally) now for my cyber-forays into personal investments/successes...I need some kind of 'view' of erected heavens (for me!).



EMIT: Long time no hear, prince.
SATAN: Good to hear you're (at least) alive, father.
EMIT: You got some cowboys-Indians chess-set for me to play with (with you), I hear!
SATAN: You talked to my girlfriend, no?
EMIT: She's a peach, Satan; I get that feeling she's moved you to be a real American hero (ha).
SATAN: What do you want, Emit?
EMIT: Just to play chess, check out your modern American dream-successes, that's all, sonny-gem.
SATAN: Let's play chess...I'll watch some cowboy-TV with you, father; then depart with my present.
EMIT: Alright!



GIRLFRIEND: What'd he say, before he departed, prince darlin?
SATAN: I offered the right-stuff of 'persuasion' after entreating his view of ranching-profits.
GIRLFRIEND: He'll miss the 'event' after all, huh?
SATAN: We're blessed...Emit's turned evil...he's departed from our view...for good.



Amlan's girlfriend purchased a demon-protection Homeland stained-glass art-piece for their shared ranch-home as the 'prince' continued to prepare for this 'grand' cyber-expo for a hospitality-trophy of modern homeschooling/investments in the United States. His memory of Emit would be one of 'literary' cliche (ironically) --- invoking (arguably) the tones/themes from those 'canonical' works of 'escape-from-paternalism' shadows like Fathers and Sons (ha).



Amlan married his sweetheart and they'd have a darling-son (Damian) for whom he'd gift that now 'haunted' cowboys-Indians chess-set/toy which Satan (Amlan!) used to entertain/exorcise the 'evil-presence' of his now-departed once-alcoholic father (Emit) for good (hmm).



DAMIAN: Wow, a Cowboys-cheerleaders flyer/art-print (for me)!
SATAN: All's well in the American 'views' of great sportsmanship/riddles for celebrity and cheer, son.
DAMIAN: Why don't you ever talk about grandpa (Emit), like mom told me, daddy?
SATAN: Some 'shadows' are better left in the past, Damian; enjoy our 'new' American Dream.
DAMIAN: Alright...all's for the hand-shakes (in the Homeland).



AMLAN (Diary): Seems to us in this great Homeland that collections of fortune's hand and the 'chess' of wrought self-made dreams (as the world expanded) does indeed reflect a sort of 'shine' in the casting of the American image of competition/successes as a trophy-deed for the 'Western' hammock.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on May 31, 2023
Last Updated on May 31, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Sorsha Sorsha

A Story by Abishai100