Man with Glassy Reason

Man with Glassy Reason

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated 'claim' of a man's Euro-venture misadventure linked to a newfound (American) 'sense' of incomplete hindsight.

"
A fun Euro-misadventure inspired by the comedy/themes from The Man with One Red Shoe (Tom Hanks). Thanks for reading! 
----
====

I was in a special time-adventure for a Euro-examination of a modern world of consumerism traffic and hopefully confidence when an unexpected encounter with the forces of mystery/darkness brought me to the near-edge of insanity and nevertheless introduced me to my future-wife (Ezzy). Wow, what a tale of unwanted danger leading to surprising beauty and travel on the Earth this was for me.



I was tracked by a set of mysterious men in suits and glasses/sunglasses all around my time in Geneva/Zurich, during which I only hoped to get some 'street-chess' info regarding gem/treasure insurance highways confidence ideas from investors and patrons of the Swiss area of Earth, and I'd never forget what these men-in-black looked like (to me!). I managed to evade their 'company' with funny hops onto buses and metros which led me to unexpected Romanticism and the arts of modern times (wow).



I'm not a hearty-man of fellow of greatly strong-build or acumen, but I'm a great Wall Street (Ford/Coca-Cola) intelligence and storyboards and was in a clothing-department store area of Geneva and while admiring my new colorful Euro-Swiss shirt of pale-sky blue color, I first noticed the 'men-in-black' who'd (later) 'inspire' me to create social-media/Selfie posts and commentary about consumerism-life oddities of experience (or exercise!).



However, it was during this anti-religious examination of Earth's odder time-share of space and streets in Europe, I met my darling future-wife (Ezzy) who'd claim she knew more about these 'men-in-black' than it seemed. She claimed her uncle was a gem-capitalism benefactor and could help me flee to a safe corner of the United States for 'safe' cyber-ad work linked to diamond-ads/fashions of New York's upper-end side commerce knowledge (wow). I owe all to Ezzy for this newfound life of storyboards and magazine-edits.



EZZY: These typical American-NB sneakers of red will keep you looking 'unwise' and masked.
ME: Why don't I just hang one red-shoe on my shoulder by lace(s) and prance around happy?
EZZY: Don't be arrogant, prince; this is the right-stuff of street-masquerade...you need it.
ME: Alright (thanx).



When I got back to the United States, I decided to share some of my 'original department-store Swiss-shirts Selfie-shots as part of a 'safe' storyboard-routine regarding commerce-travel examinations linked to everyday folks 'unwittingly' caught up in that evil-tornado of modern Earth's stranger anti-capitalism 'forces' of a highness.



EZZY: A Gminski (Duke) rookie-card (Topps) for a memory-transcendence of capitalism?
ME: Yes, darling; this treasure will put-away that dark Euro-past of ours with diamond-stamps.
EZZY: Well...perhaps you've found that 'other' red-shoe of fortune...for escape!
ME: Perhaps that's right, Ezzy; perhaps all's I really needed was good 'honey' basketball.



That's my stranger tale. It's one of scant clues which I'll never piece-together (completely!). In fact, I'll always wonder if (just maybe) I was part of some 'game-prank' simply involving Ezzy fenagling a marriage-proposal while 'posing' herself as my heroine of the Swiss landscape. Maybe she's the one with the 'James Bond' head (after all).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on June 1, 2023
Last Updated on June 1, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing