Penn-Hostel {Emoji}

Penn-Hostel {Emoji}

A Story by Abishai100
"

A weekend-engagement between two intersecting 'souls' may reveal a special 'serendipity' for a Homeland reading.

"
A university-area Homecoming weekend 'experience' loosely inspired by Serendipity (John Cusack). Thanks for reading, 
----
====

I was in the Penn-university campus area pizza eatery when I realized that I was beholding the vision of a great North American beauty in the form of a comic book saleswoman off-duty who happened to be carrying a pack of GI-Joe comics she intended to market/hype at a special campus-comics art conference that weekend during the touted college-football season and approaching Homecoming Weekend. Wow, lots of things were intersecting for human-traffic/culture intrigue that weekend in the American East (hmm).



The woman, Danica, was carrying, among other things, a special Baroness-antiheroine issue of GI-Joe comics and I considered the issue she had quite the seminal piece reflective of a Western-world fascination with covert/paramilitary terrorism-engagement fantasy-adventure storytelling/writing and hoped to procure the piece of art from her hands and offered her a pizza lunch on me and extra-purchase rights for the issue she (obviously) otherwise intended to hype at the Penn-campus area comics-art conference/event. I was also (honestly) attracted to Danica and hoped she's consider me a weekend university 'host-escort' of some kind of romantic quality, and she was (equally!) impressed by my love/fascination with GI-Joe (wow).



DANICA: This place has really great pizza dishes, Mr. Satan.
ME (Amlan Satan): I know; I'm glad we intersected in such a Penn-eatery.
DANICA: Are you excited (certainly) for Homecoming (then)?
ME: Surely...in fact, I'm 'certain' that the media generated is typical.
DANICA: Good for campus traffic/tourism/money, yeah?
ME: And well your comic-con intersection introduced us, right?
DANICA: I suppose I may divert my work and attend the football game.
ME: With me!



Sure, it was a perfect weekend, and Danica/I shared a romantic retreat from our otherwise non-intersecting lives and I dressed up like a male 'harlequin' for the football-game which I escorted the visiting comic-artist/saleswoman to and learned that I (too) was becoming 'more' excited about Penn-area football/sports than I (originally) fashioned myself to be, perhaps thinking that all this media-age exposure to typical sports-stories would somehow draw me into the social-media culture 'rings' of personality-drawn fanfare/patriotism photo-humor.



DANICA: What an 'incredible' weekend/game that was, Satan.
ME (Amlan Satan): It was accent for Romanticism in university exercise, Danica.
DANICA: I'm glad we exchanged images of art/life in the Homeland (ha).
ME: I'll never forget you, darling!
DANICA: Good; maybe I'll send you an Xmas-card/email about that game.
ME: Who'd think a comics-princess would find 'magic' in the field of sports?
DANICA: Not me (wow).



I'd later used saved-money to purchase a red-maroon Saab car (used) to take engine-improved Sunday-morn drives to think/remember that magical weekend in the Penn-campus area with the lady-hawk/princess who became my 1-weekend magic-girl (Danica) and who imprinted in me an 'extra credit' fascination with comics-arts and writing. I'd never forget her. This was secured Homeland life, and it was all (miraculously) possible, even in this post-9/11 era of antiterrorism stimuli and terrorism-paranoia threatening everyday commerce-confidence/life (hmm). Today, I think of that reflection-symbolic Saab 'gift' I procured as 'toast' for what makes America unique --- invested handshakes.



DANICA: What if I told you I'm a ghost, Satan?
ME (Amlan Satan): What, like you're a ghost-image (transformed) of a dead-girl?
DANICA: What would you say/think/believe (now)?
ME: I dunno; I know I'm having a wonderful Homecoming here with you (now).
DANICA: Well...let's just continue this 'daydream' of Homeland's heaven (for all).
ME: Alright!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on June 2, 2023
Last Updated on June 2, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing