The Wheel of Fate, Fortune and Betrayal

The Wheel of Fate, Fortune and Betrayal

A Chapter by Zephyair
"

Luck is like gravity, what goes up, must come down. Just when things are at their best your luck changes.

"

Chapter 5: The Wheel of Fate, Fortune and Backstabbing

 

The request was much easier agreed to than actually preformed. Poisoning Lazarus....The idea of it made her skin crawl. They had a perfectly healthy relationship and she was going to ruin it by putting some odd concoction that Abisthine created into his tea. Odette sighed, swirling the little black vial's contents around. According to the vampire, it wouldn't kill him, just knock him out long enough for the planes to go unchecked and the tanks unburned.

But then Lazarus would probably kill her, if she didn't though, Abishtine would for sure. She refused to talk to Francis about it. He wouldn't like to hear that his guardian was making plan behind his back.

Putting the vial back in her pocket, she leaned against the bed railing, debating on her next course of action. It was death or betrayal then death, which one would she die happier after doing?

 

"Tell them they can send the planes and tanks tonight. It'll be done before the end of the week and should last at least until the end of the month," Abisthine said to the spirit across the room. "England should be an easy take with Lazarus out of the picture."

The spirit bowed and dissappeared into darkness. it would relay the message and wouldn't return until someone had a message for her. She wondered for a moment if she should call the spirit back and add, "I could also take the Nations and their leaders hostage to make it easier if you want." But of course, they'd shoot down the idea and her fun.

As long as this was over soon, she didn't care much.

 

She had gone into Lazarus's room earlier that day to see him passed completely out. Even his mind was blank. Odette really had poisoned him. She smiled. It wasn't hard to get that girl to what she wanted. To be sure she tied down the dragon down and locked the door on her way out. She was going to make sure this was going to go perfectly, not a single thing could go wrong or everything would be ruined.

She went to her perch on the roof of the building looking up into the sky. Even though the planes were far away, the roar from their engines were already becoming louder. In a few moments, the alarms would sound off throughout the city and the invasion would begin.

London would fall under their control that week, maybe that night if they were lucky! But of course, war was never that simple. No one ever gave up without a fight...Except Odette and France. She chuckled and stood. If she squinted now, she could see the planes coming over the horizon. It wasn't long now.

The sirens filled the city with a constant noise, people were rushing to their covers and the military was moving into position. All she had to do was bide her time, acting scared while still serving the nations. Unfortunetly, she was once more told to deliver tea to England...And both the Churchills. Her forced nervous smile twitched in annoyance and a little worry. What if he saw through her disguise again? She'd be screwed. Then again, its not like a normal mortal gun could kill her, not right away at least. She was told to go to their meeting room. Double crap. They'd all be there. She hissed under her breath before entering the room, declaring that their tea had arrived with a side platter of scones and jam. She made sure her voiced was glamoured, she wasn't about to ruin this twice.

Then she got to placing Arthur's tea infront of him. He grabbed her wrist. "The other day...I remember you bringing me tea, but I don't remember you ever leaving and yet you were gone pretty quick," he said, an odd smile on his face.

"You seemed pretty distracted by that book you were reading," she replied, shakily. "I didn't want to stay and bother you."

"Its funny, because I was reading about something very peculiar too....About how some people in your world can mess with the memories of others," he added, tighting his grip on her arm.

"I don't really see how that's funny Mr. England," she said, nervously. "I have things I need to do now...So if you don't mind, I'd like my arm back." This was not good. Not good at all. She needed to get out and now!

The sound of planes was unignorable now. She wondered momentarily if she could make a break for it and escape. The door wasn't far away. Explosions were going off somewhere in the distance and it was coming closer. Sounding from all sides.

He smiled, she glanced up momentarily. The Churchills and France were also smiling, Odette was no where to be seen. "Its funny because, Odette was kind enough to restore my memory."

Her eyes widened. She made a mental note to make sure Odette died. She also noted the gun England had pointed to her gut. She dropped the glamour. They knew anyways. But the change in apperance, once more, seemed a little more than expecting.

In a blink of an eye, she had England thrown across the table. "I'd like to stay and chat, but I have a meeting with my Furher soon, about how we'll distribute England and France between us and Italy." She laughed as she ran down the hallway.

Outside the building, she could see the flames rising from across the Thames, illuminating the clouds with a sickly red. The planes were over head now, dropping more bombs. The people were out of the streets, in hiding underground. The ground shook as they hit the ground. 'Crap. War 101. Don't go outside while there are bombs being dropped all around you,' she thought, realizing she was not in the best position. She moved quickly to the nearest, building that wasn't the one she just came from.

She got around the corner just in time, they were reaching the ground in that area now. Explosions went off, flashes of white, red and yellow, brick flying everywhere and showering the streets in debris. Dispite that little set back, it was going okay now.

Something besides the bombs and the engines roars were making the building shake....Oh yes...Odette was going to die.

Lazarus, in his ever 'elegant' and scaly true form had appeared. He had faked it, with Odette's help. The siren had used their agreement to her advantage. Abishtine knew she should've given him some herself just to be sure.

He was taking down planes left and right. Snatching them from the sky with his large claws and knocking the wings off with his tail. He charred any with fire that managed to escape his talons.

From her hiding spot, she cringed. The Furher was not going to be happy with her. Not happy at all. Her stupidity would make them lose this. It certainly wasn't the first time she'd made a tactical error, but this was certainly the worst.

From behind her she heard clapping. She turned. Odette leaned against the wall, a sad smile on her face. "And they say the French can't fight....," she said, pushing herself off the wall to come closer to Abisthine.

"You didn't fight though," she said, an angry growl emitted from her throat. "You betrayed the trust I had given you and used it to you're own advantage."

"I won't sit back and watch you take my country. Nor will I betray Lazarus. He's done a lot to help me become a better guardian!" she shouted.

"Like grow a back bone for once!" she shouted back. She would've laughed had the situation not been so serious.

Odette swung her fist. The vampire dodged and hit her in the gut. "I hope you realize that I am much faster and stronger than you."

Her reply was coughing blood over the front of Abishtine's uniform. With a hiss, she struck the siren again, across the face. She was flung into the wall we was just leaning against, hitting it with a loud thud.

"You knew going against me meant death for you. I blatantly warned you I'm sure."

"Je sais..."

"Sie können immer noch reden? I figured I knocked you jaw out of place."

Odette wiped the blood dripping from her mouth and nose. She attempted to stand, but another explostion shook the floor and she slipped back down. Ever prepared for a confrontation, Abishtine unsheated the sword from her belt. She much preferred the bladed weapon over a gun.

"At least I will die knowing you lost, because of me." She smiled, holding her gut and lifting her head to look Abisthine in the eye. "All because of one thing that I chose not to do."

She lifted the blade over her shoulder and swung. She closed her eyes. She hated when people looked into her eyes when she was about to kill them. Escpecially when they offered themselves up so easily.

 

"I have failed," she said, kneeling head bowed, refusing to look either Hilter in the the face. "I have failed because I misplaced my trust and gave my duties to someone else when I should've done it to make sure it got done."

She heard fingers drum against the table, there was an angry hum coming from one of them. Perhaps it was Ludwig, but he was probably smirking because as he had predicted, the plan hadn't worked.

They had lost all possibility to gain London because of that simple mistake of not making sure Lazarus was properly sedated. Now they were shipping her off to Russia to battle with Viktor. Carmine would handle the fronts in France with Fabian and Zuriel while she would deal with Russia and Kagamaru, the guardian of Japan deal with America and China.

 

Russia smiled as the snow swirled around them. Viktor had grown quite fond of his Nation. The child like smile hide something much most sinister. And he wanted to see that come out and released onto the world. The complete anger of Russia would be a sight to see. Other countries besides just Germany and Italy would tremble. More of the world could belong to them. China and Mongolia right below them, Canada to the east of them, just across the Bering Strait, America too.

Ivan laughed lightly as the German soldiers came into view. "They will not survive the winter, da?"

"No, not with what I've prepared for them," Viktor replied, grinning. The wind picked up in across the flat plane and the snow became sharper. Around them though, the snow fell softly in large puffy flakes that dusted the two in a thin layer of it.

"Germany will their guardian this way won't they, now that they've failed in England?" he asked, cocking his head to the side. It was more a statement than a question because without a doubt, Viktor knew they'd send Abishtine to battle him. Carmine would not be able to fight him and Kagamaru was busy with other things. That left only the German guardian to do something and she needed something to pick her up from her fall off her high pedistal of success.

Viktor had been dying to battle Abisthine, for a long time. He was shivering with exciment with the thought of fighting her. He had before, but her heard the stories. In face to face combat, she was a force to be reckoned with, like a blizzard out here in the snowy dessesrts. Russia beside him could sense the tension and anticipation in the air. The coming battles would bring some entertainment to them for once.

Ivan asked, "You will defeat her,da?"

"I don't know...I've never fought her before," he replied. "Though, I have the homeland advantage. I don't think she could surivive the cold much better than any one else that has not lived in it for their entire lives..."



© 2010 Zephyair


Author's Note

Zephyair
Yet another chapter for NaNoWriMo....And the plot deepens more....I need to actually use the Hetalia characters if this is to stay a fanfic aren't I?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010


Author

Zephyair
Zephyair

Temiskaming Shores, Canada



About
Descendants has taken another turn for the better. Though I put it on hiatus for a while...a long while, its back. And with a new webcomic to compliment it...I think. more..

Writing
Informant Informant

A Chapter by Zephyair


Bind Bind

A Book by Zephyair


Alternate Worlds Alternate Worlds

A Chapter by Zephyair