"Deadly Desire"

"Deadly Desire"

A Story by AbsintheandBlood


"Deadly Desire"

Jack stood there, his hand slightly shaking from the cold water that came pouring from the hose on the side of the house. Shutting the water off he walked back to his car, double-checking the trunk was closed before getting in.

Looking down at the floor mat that read “89 Chevy” he placed his keys in the ignition, took a deep breath and started the car. He gave one last look around before shifting the car into drive. Slowly driving off he pondered the thought of why he was so aroused by playing God. It was in this deep train of thought he noticed it, a small glowing embryo in the distance.

As he was driving down Lucy Lane, the dark lonely street that was named after a murder victim a few years back that made him surface a smile of forbidden memories. Jack became closer to the glowing light, realizing it was coming from the direction of the local church. In a sick twisted thought he wondered if anyone was hurt that he could help, for that would make things even for the night. He increased his speed to get closer to the building. He picked up his cell phone, but when he flipped it open he noticed it, was dead.

“ That’s strange, I know I charged it,” he said out loud to himself.

Pulling into the driveway he slammed on his brakes. “Dear God, who would do this?” he said in a distinct tone as if he had just witnessed a three-car pile up on the freeway and personally saw the bodies fly from the car only to have their skin consumed by the hot asphalt.

The cross that graced the top of the church was not only upside down but on fire. He began to sweat, his palms became clammy and he started to shake. Then he heard it, another car.
“Great,” he thought, “someone with a working phone to get some help down here.”

Jack knew he could not stay till help arrived, but maybe the driver of the car could. He looked toward the street, his eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. The car appeared to be slowing down. It was Sean, the kid who worked at Rob’s Grocery Store as a bagger. He began walking toward the street.
“Hey, Sean over here. Hurry! I need you to call for help.” Jack said, yelling and jumping up and down, waving his arms like a mad scientist that has just discovered the perfect antidote.

As luck would have it Sean had his windows up and Jack could hear the music playing.
“Great, he won’t hear me,” he said in a sorrowful tone.

As Sean got closer he simply looked at Jack and waved. This puzzled him because it’s like Sean didn’t even see the fire. All of a sudden a black-cloak figure appeared in the passenger seat. Sean made no sudden change; Jack became a bit nervous. His heart skipped a beat and he felt weak in the knees. As the car passed, the cloaked figure went through the door and stood in the middle of the street. Jack didn’t know what to do. The dark figure stood there with its head down, then it looked up. He could only see its piercing red eyes; everything else was covered by darkness. In a nervous twitch he ran to his car, got in and tried to start it, breathing franticly.

“Please start, please start, why won’t you start?” he said in short quick breaths.

Jack began to get a knot in his throat and his stomach began churning with the thought of what was in store. Jack remembered why he was here in the first place and looked up at the cross. It appeared to be burning, but the fire was not eating away any of the wood. It was like the cross was a wick letting the fire burn. Jack got out of the car. He was so scared yet somehow found courage and yelled,
“What the hell do you want?” The dark figure stood motionless.

He felt a sudden pain in his head and a dark voice overcame him. The words ran smoothly and sharp like the reaction a scalpel has with flesh.
“Hello Jack, I have been looking for you,” said the dark gothic thick voice coming from within his head.

“For me, I…I don’t understand,” Jack said in a trembling voice.
All of a sudden the dark-cloaked figure started to move in Jack’s direction. The first thing Jack noticed was the way he was walking. The figure’s feet were hovering a foot off the ground.

“You know why I am here Jack, don’t be a fool. Did you really think your actions would never catch up with you? Well they have my dear friend, your time is now mine,” the unfamiliar voice said within Jack’s mind.

As the figure was making its way closer Jack could not move, he was frozen. He noticed that a sudden coldness overcame him, like the breeze during a winter’s day. His breath could be seen in the air and he began shivering.
“What the f**k is going on here? Who the hell are you and what do you want?” Jack yelled out expecting to hear the worst.
Then Jack heard something he would never forget, a loud banging coming from inside the trunk.
“Open the trunk, Jack,” the dark figure whispered within his mind.
“No, it, it couldn’t be, get away from me,” Jack yelled.

Desperately he turned and dived into his trunk, fumbling around frantically he located his salvation. It was his loaded 38 special. Jack flew back out of the car, the dark figure was gone and the fire was not there and the cross was right side up. It was like nothing had ever happened.

“Oh my God, I am losing my mind, this is the last one. My temptations must be subdued.” Jack stood there for a second to catch his breath and slow his racing heart down.

Then a sudden noise came from behind him. The eerie scream that was heard was like an ever-burning soul. He swung around and there it was, the figure he dreaded the most. Jack began shooting at the figure, yet the barrel spun but nothing fired. He flew back in a sudden push from an unexplainable source. “Enough with the games Jack, surrender the easy way or I will tear out your soul and every happy memory along with it.” The figure now spoke aloud.
Bang, the trunk flew open.
“Jack dear, where are you? A voice came from within the bag that popped up out of the trunk.

“This is why I am here, to take a life Jack, I am going to take yours. God is not here today,” the figure said.
“This, this cannot be, she’s dead. I came home and there she was in the kitchen finishing up dinner, I…I slit her throat and watched her gasp for air, I saw her life drain from her body, I…I dragged her lifeless body to my, ah f**k this, it has to be a dream. I know any second I will wake up,” Jack said in a scared hopeful tone.

He turned around and there she was, standing right in front of him; he could not believe it. Yet there Kim was, she stood before him pale white, the blood had coagulated around the deep cut that penetrated her windpipe. Her face was full of little cuts that Jack had so pleasantly made before making the final incision. Her left eye was missing as Jack had taken it out for what he called a souvenir; the empty black hole was lined with blood. Her white dress was stained with a red substance and her blonde hair had a mix of red fluid and dirt.

Crying as she stood there before him, shaking with fear as if she were alive.
“Jack, what have you done?” The dead figure said.
Jack stood there in disbelief. How could this be possible? “I, I don’t know what’s going on but you’re dead, I know you’re dead, this, this cannot be.”

Jacks head began to suffer that same pain since the dark figure came to him.
“Seeing is believing, Jack. I am more superior to you than you will ever know. Look at her, beautiful isn’t she? She loved you. She was happy. You decided to play God, now it’s my turn.”

Jack remembered he had his gun in his right hand. He pulled it up and put it in the center of Kim’s abhorrent head.
“I will finish her then you, you sick f**k.” Jack said, beginning to let his true evil seep out.

Cocking the gun he pulled the trigger. The bullet shot out with a bang, piercing Kim’s skull upon entrance and exit. As the bullet shot out the back of her head it took along bits of brain, and blood with it. The bullet continued to fly and ended up in his back left tire. Kim fell to the ground with a thud, then sprung right back up, grabbed the gun and tossed Jack over her. He landed in the very trunk he had placed his dead wife in.

Bang, Jack felt an intense pain in his right leg. She had shot him.
“Oh my God. What do you want, leave me alone. Please don’t shoot, please God help me,” Jack said crying.

The dark figure appeared next to Kim and they both walked toward the trunk. Jack tried to move but the bullet had gone right through his kneecap and moving it slightly in any direction caused excruciating pain.
“You mention God like he cares about you; you kill, you murder, you are s**t to him. That is why he let me have you,” the dark voice said from within Jack’s mind.

As they came closer Jack could now get a better look at this cloaked demon that had haunted him. He appeared to have human traits. The two of them stopped right next to the trunk, peering down at Jack.
“Trying to get a glimpse of me, you really want to know what I look like, want to see the person that will take your soul, and damn you for eternity?” the figure said

Removing the hood and exposing his face stood before him a man. He had long black hair, and red eyes. His nose and mouth in perfect alignment, he was beautiful, like an angel. Jack could see however he had scars of what looked like heavy war reminders. He turned slightly to whisper something into Kim’s ear and that is when Jack saw them. He appeared to have wings; they were full of black feathers, yet looked clipped, and full of a thick substance that would enable him to use them. A cross was branded on them as a constant reminder of what he once was.

In desperation, Jack tried to grab the gun. Kim backed away, lifted the gun and fired again, this time hitting Jack’s other leg.
“ Please stop, I am sorry, please,” Jack yelled out in pain from the other bullet striking him.
“Stop trying to grab the gun, you piece of s**t, look what you did to me, you think I care?” Kim furiously replied.

Kim then handed the gun to the unknown man. The man walked up to Jack, bent over and said:
“Your whole life has been a waste, you have killed many, and you have proven yourself worthy, worthy to die. My name is Azayer, and I am a servant to Lucifer himself. Yet I can no longer stand the dark valleys of hell, or the eternal flames that fill my body and mind. So I made a pack with the one who will grant me entrance if I do a series of tasks. You are one of the tasks.” Azayer then slammed the trunk.

Jack now surrounded by the darkness began to kick and hit the top of the trunk
“Please let me go. I promise to be good; I will stop. I will go to church. I will do anything, please,” cried out Jack from within the trunk.

Jack felt the car start and began to move. He thought he could unplug the brake lights and a cop would see this and pull the car over. As Jack was messing with the lights, he felt breathing on the back of his neck; he paused, his heart racing with fear. He turned over and there Kim was, her white, bloody face right next to his, she pulled up a knife
“Good-bye, Jack. Off to hell you go,” she said.
“No!” Jack yelled out.

All of a sudden Jack was back in his car, looking at a knife he held in his right hand. He then frantically ran his eyes throughout the car. Everything was fine. He looked up and saw his wife in the window; she was wearing a white dress and appeared to be making dinner. The knife was clean and she was alive. Jack knew he must have gotten a second chance. Then Azayer appeared in his passenger seat.

“You think you get a second chance, well you do, but it’s only to kill yourself and not Kim. If you cut your own throat, you will die and Kim will live. If you don’t, I will kill you and her fate will remain. The choice is yours.”
Jack sat there contemplating everything.
“Can’t we both just live, and you leave us alone?” ask Jack in a hopeful tone.
“No, you don’t deserve that. So murder one person or murder two Jack, what will it be?” asked Azayer.
“What do you mean two?” replied Jack.
“Murder one is to kill yourself, and two, well she’s pregnant Jack. This is why you are given this chance. The baby is pure, the closest thing to God, make your choice,” answered Azayer.

Jack began to cry, but knew what he had to do. He swung open the door and got out of the car. He ran to the front door and walked in, there she was in the kitchen planning the dinner where she would break the good news.
“Hey honey, I am home,” Jack said in a lonely tone.
“How was work, babe?” replied Kim.
“Good, I, I just wanted to tell you I love you and I must take you with me,” Jack said.

Kim stopped what she was doing, turned around with a gun and pointed it at him.
“The second chance was for me Jack, not you,” she said and with that Kim pulled the trigger.



The End

© 2019 AbsintheandBlood


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful poem of a dangerous dark deed, well written and well …, isn't Absinthe and blood a whisky/ fight type in Glasgow, lol

Posted 4 Years Ago


Good story. Well Done. Keep up good work.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 14, 2019
Last Updated on July 14, 2019
Tags: Story

Author

AbsintheandBlood
AbsintheandBlood

Canada



About
As the full moon draws high, And shadows cover the world. I let out a sigh, And awaken. Fear inflicts the soul, disengage Stumble forth, afflicted agony -The dark flag rises high- The cre.. more..

Writing