The Drawer Dialogue

The Drawer Dialogue

A Story by Abyssmouse
"

Another post from my group that I wish to save here

"
Who can really say which creature match is acceptable today? One could find monkeys sharing a nap among a lion pride, ducks and cats befriending one another, or even those humans that seem to think it is a good idea to wear a live python as part of themselves.

Who is anyone to judge, past what they find themselves to be? Is there a reason these meetings, however odd, do not seem to be accepted into reality even when there is no trick as to what they are? There is nothing in this world one does not see only through themselves, so, somehow, somewhere along the way, it became personal.

Ones stature or state of being. Most really could, and often do, debate which is more important, or worse yet, which is actually real... or worse still, they avoid all of that, choosing instead to see the color of ones hide, so that even among a species there is this illusion of difference. A color coding for the damned and judgment impaired.

This particular mouse seemed to be hanging off a tree by her tail, perhaps she felt like impersonating a dormouse for a day, or lady sanity had finally come to claim what was long overdue, leaving her a type of a live piñata for the humans.

Hanging there, the mouse recalled her misplaced ocelot friend, or one conversation in particular, yet where was he now? What was he doing? Does it still not matter at all?

“Noach!” She recollected her cry
“Tell me, tell me please! I so often hear this thought that we seek love in others
because we feel like it is something lacking within ourselves! But it can’t be all that is.
What did I miss here, for we all are love even after we forget this!”

After which the special cat nodded in validation of the questions quality, wanting to indulge the curiosity from a truth reserved for this soul bubble they had.
“There is a difference, see. As love has grown into culture - it branched into its various forms, from its various stems. There is the lasting love that survives in its being shared, a conundrum almost contradictory. A radiant love - it feeds upon itself to grow, and it grows for as long as it is, until the time comes to understand that it needs no projection, as the object and subject of love come to understand it is only they, by themselves, who can truly grow into the love that they are.”

“On the other hand... there is the love that serves as self conformation, yet it does not really come from the self, but everything else. An absorbing love - where one seeks to be validated they are doing the right thing. Where they seek to be saved by someone else. By now, I am sure I do not need to bring your attention to its contrast, yet it will never be easy to truly tell one from the other.”

After which the mouse snapped back into the moment, just in time to recede into her abyss at the proper time.

© 2016 Abyssmouse


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing. Your work is definitely original and intriguing, as well as give me a feel of your personal style! I like it! Keep writing, and never stop. You are an amazing writer.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on February 1, 2016

Author

Abyssmouse
Abyssmouse

About
I like art. I love poetry. I adore music. I learned to coexist with and live for empathy. I am weird, by everyone's standards. English is not my native language, but it is my favorite to write in.. more..

Writing
Him Him

A Poem by Abyssmouse