True Wisdom

True Wisdom

A Poem by Billy
"

Part 1 ( Was atually planning on making a book around this topic )

"
 Lately I have been having more intriguing thoughts of what it means to have wisdom. Wisdom can be used in many ways for many reasons. Wisdom's most important meaning is the ability to teach others the morals of life, to guide others to make intellegent descions so that they may go on to teach others the same and/or more diverse morals of life. Present day the meaning of this does not exist at least in the ways it is supposed to or the way it is most important. Today widom is one might say spread most commonly through teachers of education. This is not true wisdom, this wisdom is taught for the benifit of the economy, the order of government, compete of Nations growth in power, and much more. It is guilded with the thought of opportunity for success which I will get into later. True wesdom is giving knowledge and intellect with passion and confidence to triumph or overcome life's lessons specifically sought out to challenge your character, break down your hope, destroy your self-esteem, and most importantly for some of us make you feel without a sense of purpose os faith. This is what " makes us or breaks us." Unfortunately its what breaks us in one way or another. These "lessons" of our life is what I believed designed to us our own struggles we must "choose" to fight through. My meaning is that we all have our "own" battles to fight which will altimatly, if victorious, will lead us to our purpose to make the world a better place to live without curruption and control in "freedom and peice."I WILL make this ounce more. :)

© 2011 Billy


Author's Note

Billy
I would really like to read about your oppinions on this topic, no matter if sceptic or follower.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

in my opinion wisdom is not something that can be taught. it is something that can be learned by experience, but not taught. you may think that contradictory but it isn't really. wisdom isn't a list of facts, it's a way of seeing and processing what you see. it's something that some people are born with. it's something that comes to some with age. it's something that totally escapes some people altogether. wisdom is also less about having answers than it is about simply living life well. i consider myself much wiser than i was when i was in school, but i also am much less certain in most areas of my life and philosophy. show me a person who has all the answers and i'll show you a foolish man.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's an interesting premise on the meaning of wisdom. Your definition of wisdom sounds a lot like passion to me, but that's my judgment. I tend to think of wisdom as something we all define in our own way ie, wisdom is my passion, wisdom is silence when the moment is right, and wisdom is judicious.

Anyway, it's a good start.

Thank you for taking the risk.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 1, 2011

Author

Billy
Billy

New Carlisle, OH



About
My name is William Brown but I go by Billy. Im currently 18. Im a Senor at Techumsah High, best school I've ever been to ( Ive been in 6 or 7 diff schools). My hobbies are boring becuase Im wierd .. more..