Notorious

Notorious

A Poem by Wraith.



This day feels like dog food bowls that need to be washed. Silence in the sun as children throw up empty chatter slow motion i watch their heads throw back in silence, laughter? but I cannot assign them humility


© 2020 Wraith.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the bit about dirty dog food bowls. Might not use “throw” twice, if you’re looking for ways to polish the piece. Otherwise, dig the raw rant against having to be here and be human and play by these rules of existence; I just read another one of yours that asked “why am I on this planet with a slick skinned dolphin’s beak?” And I love that. I feel like I’ve asked that sort of thing in different ways myself. Sometimes I’ve hated having to be here and being forced to be human.

I remember Sylvia Plath writing in her journals that she wished humans weren’t so evolved. That we would be far happier as simple mammals that fed and mated and slept when they wanted to, and had no complex social construct.

Cheers

Posted 6 Years Ago


i do think the bowl needs to be washed...i feel like we need to start over...kids are so different these days...and many grow into this feeling of entitlement...they have to grow up too fast, but often would rather just ignore what is going on around them...lots of silence----pouring over their phones...each day we wake up, our bones get more and more tired of what we see and hear.
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 4, 2017
Last Updated on May 28, 2020

Author

Wraith.
Wraith.

warwickshire, United Kingdom



About
“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been.. more..

Writing
Dissociate Dissociate

A Poem by Wraith.