The Youth is Misunderstood and has it Hard

The Youth is Misunderstood and has it Hard

A Story by Not Here
"

This is really an essay but I couldn't upload it so it is now a story without a plot or characters. Lol. This is about my opinion on the way the youth deserves to be given another chance.

"

Many people always say, “Oh these kids these days ruining everything”. I as a 14-year-old completely disagree. I do not like being stereotyped for something that is far from the truth.


Not only are we misunderstood, but we are also often blamed for older generations mistakes. My generation has better statistics even when were not being prepared for the world the way we should be.


The newer generations have statistically lower teen pregnancies and lower violence rates. This is not only outstanding and maintaining the peace everyone wants but it also shows how we respect this planet and mankind. Millennials and Gen Z also have the highest graduation rates compared to any other generation. College prices have more than tripled since 1980.  Most Millennials and Gen Z’s are very welcoming to diversity and antiracism as well as positive change at all costs. All these have been set by newer generations especially through these difficult times.


What is the purpose of the school system? To teach students basic education, create relationships, learn to live in this harsh world, prepare students for the future. But when was the last time there was a major education reform to match our current societal ideology? In the 19th century! We are in the 21st century and yet we are still being taught the same way. School is failing to prepare newer generations for the world and lowering are chances of success here. As Benjamin Franklin said, “Failing to prepare is failing to prepare”.


Millennials and Gen Z are more likely to have anxiety or depression in this society because of all the problems they must face.  They must deal with constant pressure induced by adults and lack of preparation. In this day in age they deal with idea of being closer to oblivion, having to maintain popular and positive relationships and reputations, and having to be in constant fear of cyberbullying/bullying. Compared to other generations it matters most in this modern era. What they set themselves to be now will be what they are in the future. There is a minute chance that a person will be able to change how they are perceived.


And lastly, there is a major gap in the way the older generations view the younger ones and vise-versa, but since Gen Z’s and Millennials are “younger”, their views are considered too little. We are often under constant pressure to appease the older generations while trying to adapt to our new era. I could call the older generations stubborn to uphold their traditions and keep their ways alive but then again, we are stubborn for wanting to change the world. Every generation is stubborn in their own way. Some people often deflect the problems they created to the younger generations and vise-versa when we’re all creating the problems. Older generations for starting the problems and younger ones for continuing them. All of us are to blame. Do not just blame the Millennials or Gen Z’s for these problems.


I know many people will be quickly dismissive, or will greatly disagree, or just not care. But all of this has been proven and written about just like this one. And I will ask you, “Why don’t you agree with this article?”. You will respond with your response. Then I will add, “If you don’t believe me, just open your eyes and view the world from the point of view of an open-minded person. I ask you to be more accepting.” Gen Z’s and Millennials must deal with living in a modern age society and so does everyone else, but the key difference is older generations were able to grow into it, younger generations were born in it. It is very overwhelming to try to maintain tradition and learn a way of the world at the same time.

Now, I ask everyone who believes these generations have it hard to rise up and help change the point of view of those around them. We are mankind’s future and we only ask for people to understand us. “We live in a society where free thinking, open-minded people are called crazy and the ignorant, close-minded people are normal”. Who do you want to be?

© 2020 Not Here


Author's Note

Not Here
I really want to know y'alls opinion on this

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on July 25, 2020
Last Updated on July 25, 2020
Tags: Essay

Author

Not Here
Not Here

Del Rio, TX



Writing