For those who died alone

For those who died alone

A Story by Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-
"

Tribute for my brother!

"

 

 

P

rodigies! Our childish minds can’t wit and imprison behind the bars of our imagination, they are an omen that wombs of women are still an endless and mystic source of life, and divine factories capable of delivering legends, and an immortal testament of the presence of Allah.

This story is about those who throughout their mundane life, exceeded the human boundaries, and all falls of the mighties… they are those “who lived alone, fought alone, died alone.”

This convention which reins their lives’ stream comes with no surprise what so ever, because if we gave it a second thought, and utilized social knowledge and observations, we’ll understand. Such people are either misunderstood or feared and most likely envied, thus they are outcast into a wasteland of solitude.

My mere words are a disgrace, and too trivial to recite the golden aroma of those immortals. Notwithstanding, I will forever be honored to state a myth about one of them, and I believe myths are true.

He looked like an ordinary man for shallow eyes, but if you own an insight, and can look beyond the edges of skin and flesh, and dive into the infinite realms of cerebration and psyche, you’d find a man like no other. He was extraordinary by all standards, a man of virtue and moral, built his entire life and aimed throughout to the good of others, ambitious, hard working and ultra-genius, not to mention handsome as a Celtic sunset. A man as this comes once per a fairytale!

Mitsuhide was his name. As mysterious as sad night and fearsome as a lofty dragon he was. Little bit he reveals of himself or talks, but his special halo attracts like magnet draw in iron. His smooth and angel- curved lineaments comfort the soul, and his warm smile crowns all that.

 

Mitsuhide was my friend; we were soul mates, a part of what we used to call the “Alien brotherhood”. 10 friends from all over the world met each other in the funniest and queerest circumstances, each with a different culture, ideology, and personality. However, this only made us stronger, just like a complex of solid metals melted into one, that combines them all, yet more powerful, durable, and brings out the best of them.

Mitsuhide was the sound of intellect and reason that echoed in our conversations, he was the calm party with the charm and ability to bind us together, and glue our differences into a beautiful painting. From time to time we, the brothers, used to fight amongst each other, which is not a weird thing between friends, but none of us ever had a problem or a hassle with Mitsuhide , we all loved, respected and looked up to him for his spellbinding qualities. Moreover, he was 2 years elder than us.

One day we all decided to join the Red Cross foundation in order to help people in need and those who are less fortunate, we enrolled in various courses and sessions to gain the required abilities to perform such tasks, like first aids, rescue, and all the essential erudition which every paramedic should have.

We all worked in this field as volunteers for quite some time, then an opportunity came out, there was a training course held in Siam, and the local department of the Red cross nominated us for this course, we were quite excited for this opportunity, though we considered it more as a chance to travel and have fun.

And we got it! A one month training session at one of the most beautiful and comely Asian countries with the 10 of us all together, it sounded as the opportunity of a lifetime, I will not expatiate upon this matter but what we expected to be a heaven on earth, shed its veils down revealing a hell which scared and burned us profoundly forever, or whom survived of us.

On the 9th or maybe 10th day of the training course, civil war flared up in the entire area and we were stuck and cutoff without supplies or communication, at first our main concern was getting out of that place as soon as possible. However, that was not attainable, no rescue party could be sent unless we get out of the war zone or wait till it fades out.

We couldn’t stand still hearing of people killed savagely since we are paramedics and helping is the chief aim of our training, yet we were still teens, and the idea of war all around us was scary by its own, not to mention emerging into it. One thing I have not mentioned that we were martial artists. Some were practicing Taekwado, others Jiujitsu but most of us were practicing Ninjutsu at a time. We began our training almost together since a very young age and the least had 4 years of true fighting and surviving experience, and the most experient of us was Mitsuhide.

Our supervisors had many issues in mind, saving us, and communicating with those whom in the middle of the conflict, we shared our will to help with them, but they were against it and prohibited us from leaving the village, and I don’t blame them for the entire statuses was completely chaotic and unpredictable.

Nevertheless, fate must take its route and what’s meant to be can’t be stopped, deceived or postponed. After 3 days, around 3 pm, the rebels or mercenaries, whatever they were, reached our spot and swarmed the village like a rampage, which was the exact thing we warned our supervisors from, but casting blames is worthless, especially after innocent and divine blood is spilled.

We had to run away fast, forsaking our belongings so to move swiftly; I recall we were about 15 individuals that bloody day, we delved into the forest near the village making our way to the next one, so said our supervisors, but I am sure they was just running blindly.

 

To spare you boring details, we reached a point where rebels were closing unto us from everywhere and we had no idea where to head, that’s when Mitsuhide said:

“Someone must delay those monsters, you go on and I’ll do it! Adam take care of everyone, I trust you.”

I would never forget these words; they are curved deep in my dark memory till I relinquish this mundane life. Leaving Mitsuhide behind was a tearing situation we were force to accept, and a decision we all bemoan tearfully.

We perforated our way through the forest and found some place to hide, everybody’s mind was dwelt by fear, we had 5 or 6 daggers, some sticks and staffs, and two swords we left with Mitsuhide, but my mind was blazing with another type of fear… What’s happening to Mitsuhide?

Is he okay?

Will he make it?

Do you know that feeling when you keep feeding yourself with false hope knowing that you’re lying to yourself, but that’s the only way you got to stop the fear that boils your focus, strength and stamina.

That day wore out and thank god we all made it out alive, then received information that the rebels withdrew from our area, we were relieved to hear so and rapidly went back chasing our footsteps to find Mitsuhide.

It didn’t take more than an hour and half to find him, I grow insane when I recall that sight, I found my brother sunken in his blood, he had more than 20 bullet holes all over his body, and he was leaning on a tree trunk dead.

Everyone busted into tears at the sight, especially the girls, for me… I was overwhelmed by shock that my feelings were suffocated under mountains of blazing frost; I inspected around and counted 15 dead rebels he slew, at the moment and with time, the frost that infested my mind crawled down to my ligaments and joints as I felt heavy and weary, I walked back unto him, and my knees failed my, He was cold and petrified, and regardless of all the wounds and the fact that he had to bleed his life out, a warm shades of a smile was drawn on his face

We left our brother to die alone, he gave his life fain to save us and we didn’t return back to help him, or insisted to stay and fight by his side… Sometimes before I sleep this thought tortures me, was there anything else we could do? Or if we stayed and fought with him, would he survived and still standing next to me now? I guess these and other questions I will carry to my grave and they will torment my guilty soul forever.

We carried our brother and our pain, sorrow and tears back to the burned village and waited for the late rescue, then returned home with a scar which won’t heal by time or space.

Back when we were trapped in the village before the attack, we played a game called “Will”, we wrote a will in case one or more of us passed away during the situation. And vouched to apply whatever stated in one’s will if they deceased. Also, each of us gave his will to another one in the team to keep it with him.

Mitsuhide handed over his will to me at that time, and this is what it had:

“I don’t know what to write, but since I agreed to play this game, I guess I have to… My heart and soul is with you guys, all of you… I spent the best of my days and years beside you, you’ve been the family I didn’t have, and the friends I forever dreamt about.

I always felt responsible of you, and must keep you safe, not that I question your maturity, you all preceded your age by ages, but I always got this feeling. Due to this, I promise with my honor that I will exhaust my utmost power to assure none of you is hurt during this.

 

If you’re reading my will, then I guess I am no longer among you… Do not be sad, this is my fate, remember my good deeds and move on.

I love you all”

 

His name is: Mitsuhide Nagawa

Age: 19

Nationality: Japanese

A one man army, a faithful friend, and shall be remembered forever. May he rest in peace…

True story!!

 

 

 

© 2013 Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

O.o Woah. I like it. It was very interesting and I loved who certain words and sentences throughout the story was in bold and font was different! Loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

11 Years Ago

Glad you did!
Thank you,Sye :)
s y e

11 Years Ago

Welcome!!! :-) Anytime

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013
Tags: death, war, black, guns, pain, sin, prodogies, tribute, brother, gothic, friendship, adam

Author

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-
Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

Amman, Middle East, Jordan



About
"A poet from the dark realm, from the world of Gothic hymns" Please visit my website http://adamnlebzo.wix.com/ronnin-warrior Name: Adam lebzo Age: 21 Hobbies: 1 Ninjutsu, Kung fu shaolin, Ji.. more..

Writing