Chapter II

Chapter II

A Chapter by Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

Mary was never the audacious type at all, the most trivial of things could scare her, not to mention seeing her beloved husband lying still on the floor, and of course she feared the worse, but her yellow ligaments did not allow her to move and check on him, her entire bosom froze at the scene dragging her sanity into an icy pit of fear, wherein she hid until her bewildered mind could reboot and analyze what just happened. She walked slowly to where Fred fell and kneeled down to make sure he’s still breathing and to check whether he is bleeding or not, fortunately he was breathing. Then abruptly Lightening forked down from the sky, its dire fateful white flash snatched Mary’s sight for a while, and took her to a blank realm where her mind went off. However, through the lull she held her husband’s head then thunder exploded like a growl in the back of the devil’s throat. And as soon as the sound died she rested his head on a pillow she dragged from nearby, and hurried to close the door, when she noticed something slippy on her hand… It was blood.

The sight of the ruby blood that splotched her hand was powerful enough to snap her out the phase of silence, a tear and a scream cracked through the dreadful mutism, but she needed to do that to let some of her fear out in order for some will and courage to take its place.

She hurried unto the bathroom, washed her hands fast and wetted a towel then pounced back to where hapless Fred lied. ‘Oh baby, please wake up! Please!’ she repeated while cleaning his bloody wound. Nevertheless, Fred didn’t wake up.

‘Oh God, please what should I do’ Mary muttered under her breath as panic started to get the best of her. She squatted for a while trying to gather some guts then she decided to call an ambulance. She jumped up to their room to get her cell phone but before she reached the second floor she had to take a second look at Fred and drop another frozen tear.

Of course in her current state, it took quite sometimes to glue her scattered focus whole and remember where the phone is, she kept spinning in circles until she glanced it on the bed, it had a purple colour just like the blanket on the bed, making it hard to notice even for a fully focused individual. She grabbed it as a wild hawk and ran downstairs, when a sound uttered repeating her name like a plea ‘Mary! Mary, where are you?’


‘Oh thank heavens! You woke up! Sugar, what happened?’

‘Mary! Don’t let them get me… Please!’ Fred pleaded

‘Who are they? Whom are you talking about?’

‘Never mind now! Just please help me and stand up so I can get you upstairs!’ Mary added

With great hardship, Mary dragged Fred through the Saloon, up the stairs and all the way until they reached their room, where he fell on the bed like a cadaver. Of course he was almost sunk up and twitching of cold… Or maybe fear?

‘Fred you have no idea to what extent you freaked me out! I died a dozen times tonight’ Mary said

However, Fred’s response was a long and painful moan, as Mary gave him a kiss on the brow and went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

‘Fred babe, please stay with me! Oh god! Do you want me to take you to the hospital?’ Mary asked

‘No…No! No hospitals! Just please stay with me’ Fred murmured

‘I’ll always stay with you, babe! It’s just a shallow wound, don’t worry.’ Mary comforted Fred while she cleaned his wound and smoothly sung a lullaby as he laid like a scared 7 years old boy, and just as one, Fred fill asleep, leaving wretched Mary alone again, yet with greater fear and sorrow.



© 2013 Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on February 17, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013
Tags: curse, gypsy, love, pain, grief, mary, adam, horror


Author

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-
Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

Amman, Middle East, Jordan



About
"A poet from the dark realm, from the world of Gothic hymns" Please visit my website http://adamnlebzo.wix.com/ronnin-warrior Name: Adam lebzo Age: 21 Hobbies: 1 Ninjutsu, Kung fu shaolin, Ji.. more..

Writing