The Best Man

The Best Man

A Story by Adrian X Fuentess
"

Bros before Hoes

"
We had spent many summers together, he and I, fantasizing about anything -nothing in particular, to be exact. I may dare to say there is no secrets between us. He knows that I love him; he's my best friend, and I couldn't ask for anyone better in my life. And because of those reasons, because I want him to be happy, I'm keeping silent while I see him get married tonight. 
We have grown into mature adults; all these years didn't break apart, and just because I'm in love, I won't ruin his life. The decision has been made, obviously. Whatever has happened, in the past is being left; no need to stir the pot more than needed. Whatever happened was just the result of a confusing time, and we've realized (well, since I'm being honest, I realized) that the feelings weren't mutual. And I had to let go.
It hurts today more than any other day, but I can't let my silly heart fog my vision; I can't allow myself to destroy his happiness. He is my best friend, and I am crazy in love with his minutes-to-be wife. Whatever happened between she and I, no one ever will find out, because I love his friendship more than his woman. I guess no one will understand the bond that he and I have; we've been through s**t since our diapers times, pun intended. And I stand there next to him, the best man.

© 2012 Adrian X Fuentess


Author's Note

Adrian X Fuentess
I appreciate feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012
Tags: love, story, friendship, affair, wedding, church, white dress, straight, gay, cheating, little monsters, beliebers

Author

Adrian X Fuentess
Adrian X Fuentess

Omaha, NE



About
English is my second language, so i do appreciate some pointers in my grammar. Thanks for stopping by, and please feel free to leave me some feedback and coming back. i will return the favor. more..

Writing