File Against the Heart (1/5)

File Against the Heart (1/5)

A Story by Adrian X Fuentess
"

Save me from what I love

"

Caleb has poured himself into his job �"and a shot of his boy Jack Daniels every time he gets home. He knows that what he’s feeling is not the best scenario for anyone. Not at this point in his life. Not ever. Yet, he cannot keep living a lie. The voices have come back, and they seem stronger than when he was a teenager; they caught him off guard and he’s not strong enough to fight them back into the shadows where he chained them all, his feelings and his soul.

He is not the kid bouncing off the walls he once was, he has no time for such foolishness. He has a fiancée to work for and give her the wedding of her dreams; he has old parents awaiting grandchildren from their only son; he has a job that requires a steady and happy relationship in order to continue onto better opportunities. Caleb simply cannot afford to follow his heart, and lose everything he’s worked for his entire life. He is the only twenty-three year old that has made it this far in the law firm, even as an intern, he’s been told; and comparing himself to the rest of his classmates from St Francis Prep school, he has come a long way and improved his lifestyle.

 What is he going to do if his name magically disappears from the firm’s VIP list, work at a fast food place? Silly goose! That’s not going to happen, he laughs at the thought. Even if it means going through with what he fears the most: to sign his truth away.

 

FILE AGAINST THE HEART

By

Adrian Fuentes

 

Justin Kyle has been “the gay kid” ever since he can remember. His parents showed no surprise when he came out �"not that it was necessary; Justin’s delicate self spoke volumes. He’s never been afraid to make his point crystal clear, and his meticulous speeches come in handy when dealing with bigots; his goal is not to ridicule anyone or to change anybody’s perspective. It is his lifetime in-progress achievement, to make RESPECT and TOLERANCE priorities in today’s society. Thus far, he’s gained a couple visits to the ER with broken ribs and death threats in a daily basis. It has not stopped him though; yet he did have to slow down in his activism due to this parents plead, and the fact that Jensen was literally fighting the homophobic youth. Justin Kyle is aware of how lucky he is to have an understanding, open-minded, and supporting parents and younger brother so he makes a compromise with himself and his beliefs: not to step over the line in order to keep his family safe.

At twenty-two, Justin Kyle’s romantic life is almost nonexistent. Jensen has tried to set him up, but it has never worked out; and it’s not like Justin has not tried, because he has given love a shot. Yet, when the guy at the time realizes how passionate he is about GLBT issues, they seem to lose his phone number and move away. “Maybe he just got his phone shut off, or something.” Jensen would try to make him feel better each time. But Justin Kyle is a smart young man, he knows he’s being ditched and he knows why. He is too gay. Nowadays, the straight-looking type is on demand, and that type Justin Kyle does not fit. He never has, and he is sure as hell that he never will; not that he would change for anyone. Not anymore, never again, he tells Jensen one more time; his eyes watering at the memory.  There was a time when he would’ve dropped everything for the guy he thought was the one, but he was too young and naïve; he was just a kid compared to the one that he thought he loved; he always thought less of himself whenever he sat next to that guy that made his stomach flutter. Then, their eyes met and it all seemed to not matter anymore. Justin Kyle spoke, but Caleb Jay Roberts III ran away, unknowingly that his silence not only would echo his own hurt but Justin Kyle’s as well.

© 2012 Adrian X Fuentess


Author's Note

Adrian X Fuentess
It's a work in process, but I have four more pages. This is just the intro. If you have help me get 50 views, I'll add the rest. Thanks for reading:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the story when you got to who had hurt Justin. From the lessons I've gone through recently I would say get the action going earlier. Change some of the narrative to dialogue. And your English is fine. Another point driven into my head to get rid of passive verbs (is, was). If you get more action the story won't sound like a news report. I would love to see you do more with it and to read the rest as you come up with it. Good luck.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the story when you got to who had hurt Justin. From the lessons I've gone through recently I would say get the action going earlier. Change some of the narrative to dialogue. And your English is fine. Another point driven into my head to get rid of passive verbs (is, was). If you get more action the story won't sound like a news report. I would love to see you do more with it and to read the rest as you come up with it. Good luck.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...next page button...I would very much like to se it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The second part seemed really sad. I can't wait to read the next parts to it. Even though it's a work in progress I thought that overall it was an outstanding introduction. The introduction left me wondering and I want to read more so hurry up and finish it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012
Tags: family, life, love, pain, hatred, happiness, heartbroken, teens, school, gay, high school, reality, death, lawyers, law, suicide, homicide, prep school

Author

Adrian X Fuentess
Adrian X Fuentess

Omaha, NE



About
English is my second language, so i do appreciate some pointers in my grammar. Thanks for stopping by, and please feel free to leave me some feedback and coming back. i will return the favor. more..

Writing