Shiro vs The world of magic

Shiro vs The world of magic

A Story by AegonTar

The day was as mundane as anyone would think. A usual Saturday morning blessed by the nice summer sun and the soft gale of the air that cruised through people's faces and hair. A usual day like any other. The beautiful blue sky was decorated by some clouds with different shapes and sizes that would make any child's imagination go crazy. With people walking around the stores and buying whatever their mind and heart desired. A morning with people walking to their jobs, with kids playing in the parks and in the streets, with teens walking around in groups and arguing whether they should go to the mall or the beach. The sun slowly gave its place to the night blue sky and just like a normal day, the night succeeded what came before it. The stars rose up and shone just like jewels shone under light. The pale moon guided everyone down bellow who were looking for a way home. The streets slowly emptied form the crowds that were filled with children, teens, adults, workers and people from all walks of life. The stores slowly one after another closed down as their customers left to go home. The parks that were filled with children screaming on top of their lungs with playful voices, now had a few romantic souls that wanted to have a good time with their loved one. The soft wind breeze kept walking amongst the people giving them the refreshment they needed. The night turned even more dark after a few hours and even fewer star shone upon the sky. It felt as if the stars would fall asleep the way one after another would just vanish. The blueish shade of the sky slowly became a much more darker shade, almost too dark to be blue. The sky turned black. The kind of black that would suck the light off the world for good. The change was sudden but no one was there to lay his eyes on it. The thick darkness of the sky kept crawling around until it completely swallowed every star that shone. Even the soft gust of wind turned. A rather vicious gale of wind replaced the kind wind. A strong gust to feel like a punch to the body flooded the entirety of the parks and the malls and the seas. The pale moon turned as well. The white moon that lovers used to gaze upon had ceased to exist and in a split second it became red. Red like the blood spilled in wars. A sudden change that bare no one saw as well. A strange sight for the mortal eyes to look at. Just as the unnatural took place an even stranger sight happened. The dark sky split in two like a sword plunged through it cutting it in two same pieces. Out of the darkness a figure fell from the clouds with tremendous speed, so much so that it was engulfed in flames. As it finally reached the dirt the impact was so strong it sent shock waves at the other side of the earth. From the crater of the impact the figure rose up and looked around. No one was out in the streets or even at their balconies to see what happened. No people rushed out of their home to record the man that fell from the sky nor the crater that was bigger than the nearby mountain. It was like nothing happened. The man was stripped from clothes and shoes. He walked naked for a bit around the place where he had just crash. He moved his hands around and out of thin air clothes and shoes appeared fitting him like a glove. A long green shirt covered his lengthy but thin torso and on top of that a purple vest. He wore light green jeans and brown shoes. He caressed his green hair that complimented his blue eyes. He had a scar under his right eye that seemed fresh. His freshly shaved face complimented his small nose and strong jawline. He stopped walking when he reached the center of the town he was in and took a deep breath. At that moment everything stopped. The air wouldn’t even dare to pass him. The darkness hid from his presence and the blood moon turned back to its pale color like a man who had just passed out. He then released his breath and with that a few words came out of his mouth.
“I'm back in town baby!” he screeched with all his might, yet it was as if no one could hear him. The man was like a phantom, a ghost, like he did not exist at all.
He continued walking down the road he was in but this time he kept silent. Everything turned back in normal again, the wind, the moon, the sky. Everything became as it was before. The sky's color returned to what it was, the trees stood as guardians and did not move around as much. The air slowly moved through the streets like a human walking around. Everything became what it seemed as an ordinary night but there was nothing ordinary about that night nor for the man that came with it.
The night passed as fast as it came. The howling wind turned back at the slow and carefree breeze it was the previous day. The streets were no longer illuminated by the night lights but the sun that graced the citizens of the city with his light. It was still pretty early when people got out of their homes to go to work. At about seven the streets were a bit crowed by vehicles moving around to different destinations. Mondays usually were the most busy days due to people going to work but as it was the last day before summer vacation kids and students would jump onto the street rushing to go to school, something truly rare to bare witness. At around eight students from different schools started running in the streets, rushing to reach school. The faster they reached school the faster the day could end and go back to sleep. Groups of young people gathering around talking about their plans. Others wanted to the beach for some fun, while others wanted to go just because girls would be there. Others planned entire trips to other cities or countries. The bright sun inspired them to put more thought in their plan for the summer. Although most of them had something on mind they had first to finish school to get on with their plans. Suddenly most of them wanted to slow down and maybe be a bit late to school to savor the sweet moment of their release. The students soon reached their schools and were welcomed by their teachers that were waiting them out in the school gates. Being the last day didn't mean much to them as they would continue to do the same things they did in class before. It was eight thirty when the bell rung and all of the students rushed to their classes. Everyone was sat on their desks and patiently waited for the bell to march the end. Everyone except someone who was running like a maniac to reach his school in time. His scruffy black hair moved through the wind as he was running down the road. His face had turned pale despite running for what it seemed like a lot of time. His fists were tightly clinched together and his veins could been seen from his legs. He would constantly look at his watch to his left hand. His uniform's black jacket was covered in sweat and his pants were roughed up by mud and dirt. He kept glancing over to his clock with his dark brown eyes.
“Goddammit, last day of school and I’m late.” he complained to himself .
“I don't want to get detention a day before vacation.” he kept saying to himself.

He was trying to breathe as fast as he exhaled. He still had quite a distance to cover. He kept sprinting as fast as his body could carry him but that wasn't enough to reach the gates in time. As he kept running he slowly started seeing the sign of his high school. A big, white sign that had in big, black, bold letters the word Isekai High. Just as he saw it, a feel of relief started coursing through his body.
“No way! I made it in time.”he thought to himself.
But his happiness did not last long. The closer he was to the school the more a figure waiting outside the gates could be seen. An elderly woman that as wearing a pink skirt suit that was supposed to compliment her face but instead it just enhanced the wrinkles in her face and her gray long hair. She had mean smirk on her face as if she was waiting for someone to be late.
“Oh come on. Of all the professors in the school it had to be the hag.”he thought as he finally reached the gates of the school.
“Shiro Sureto. Late as always. Seems that you are begging for one last detention before the summer starts.”she said and laughed at Shiro's face.
Shiro tried to remain silent. He did not want to give her the pleasure she wanted.
“I'm sorry for being late Ms. Hau. I, well, my clock broke and I couldn't wake in time.”he said while looking down on the ground.
He avoided eye contact with Ms. Hau as much as possible. Her wrinkled face was something few could handle.
“It doesn't matter if you were fighting a monster. When the bell rings you are here. Period.”she said with her adenoidal and irritating voice.
“You hag.” whispered Shiro as he avoided eye contact again.
Ms. Hau did
n't hide the fact that she disliked Shiro. She would grasp every chance she had to ridicule him. She hated the fact that Shiro was smarter than she was. Shiro was used to her being the way she was. He knew there was no way for him to escape the detention so he complied with her.
“Ok Ms. Hau. I'll see you at detention then. Can I go to my class now?” he said with a calm tone.
“Huh? Well since you are so compliant how about you sit back for an hour more than usual?”she said again with that bitter smile.
Shiro couldn't take it anymore and started walking towards his class.
“I'll be waiting for you Sureto. Hahaha!”she kept laughing at him.
“And fix your uniform. You know the rules. Jacket always on.” she said and kept laughing.
“Thank god it's summer vacation because if I had to see her face again, I'll probably blow this whole place up.” he thought to himself as he kept walking to his classroom.
Ms. Hau was known to make life a living hell for students so there was no surprise to Shiro that he would get an extra hour of detention. He just wanted the day to end and go home to his comfy pillow. He got
into the building and climbed up some stairs before he reached his class. Just as he reached the closed class door he heard the teacher asking the teens what their plans were for the summer. Shiro didn't enter the room. He stayed a bit on the outside just to hear what his classmates were planning to do. A girl from the back f the class shouted that she was planning to go for a swim after the school with her friends. An other said he was leaving for a couple of weeks for Europe with his family. This kept going on for a bit. Every single one inside the class had already made plans for their summer. Even the teacher said he would go on vacation with his pregnant wife. Shiro stood quietly outside the class with his hand raised ready to knock on the door. His hand would not move. A slight tremor on his hand occurred. He just stayed there, silent, unmoving. His face wasn't pale anymore, it was gloomy. He slowly put his hand down and turned his back at the class. He started walking towards the corridor in front of him. As he continued walking some small drops of water fell from Shiro's face. The young man climbed up some stairs again and this time it led him to another door. Shiro lost no time to knock and opened it immediately. The door led to the roof of the Isekai High. The roof wasn't that big but Shiro usually went there to check upon the beautiful view when he was feeling a bit blue. This time he needed it more than usual. Shiro threw his backpack away from him and lied down to the floor, looking up at the big blue sky. He closed his eyes and stood still, enjoying the silence that surrounded him. He was no stranger to silence. The silence and him were like best friends that would never part ways. From his home to the school silence seemed like his only friend.
“I should go to the class.” Shiro mumbled to himself.
“But, it is the last day of school. So there is no need really. Besides the detention will be enough.” He said to himself again.
Shiro looked up in the sky and raised his hand to hide the sun from his eyes. He was amazed how something so big could be blocked by something so normal like his hand. He yawned and closed his eyes to rest for a bit. Soon after he fell asleep on the roof. His hand was slowly lowered, allowing the sun to cover him entirely with his light. The shining ray's of the beautiful blue sky together with the noise of every day life were mixed into one single moment of peace letting Shiro sleep for a bit. A moment so calm that let Shiro feel safe for a bit.
“Find me!”
These two words echoed through his mind.
“Shiro, find me!” said the voice inside his dream again.”
He started moving around a bit with his hands shaking.
“He is coming! Find me, Shiro!” said the voice once more as she was asking in great need.
“Shiro!” yelled the voice snapping him out of his sleep.
He quickly got up from the floor. His palms and forehead covered in sweat. His breathing was short, fast and sharp. His eyes completely open looked around, searching if anyone had seen him.
“Not again.” he said while trying to sit down.
He laid down to the floor and leaned his back against the door. He put his hands to his head and tried to catch his breath. He glanced to the sky that had a few more residents than before. A couple of clouds were gathering in front of the sun, covering more and more of the sun's rays. He stood there, looking for answers among the clouds. Trying to maybe hear a little whisper from the wind that would explain to him what was going on. He closed his eyes and let the smooth wind caress his skin. He tried to mute the outside world, trying to only hear his thoughts. He was sinking deep in his mind when the ringing bell brought him back. He closed his eyes and tried to empty his head before he stood up. He got up and cleaned his uniform from the dirt it gathered. A mere second passed and noise could already be heard from the classes. Students ran like wild horses, ready to enjoy the summer ahead of them. Shiro stayed in the roof silently, listening to the screams of his classmates and the other students rejoicing for their freedom. He smirked a bit. He decided to leave the roof and walk down the stairs to go to his detention. He took his time. Why rush he thought. He would sit there more than usual so why bother getting in time. As he kept walking towards his class he would see groups of students discussing their plans about later. The fuss was strong enough to cover the entire high school. He stopped for a bit out of his class. He peaked a bit and saw the entire class being in a total mess. That's what happens when about twenty students rush out of a small class. He took a glimpse at his clock and decided to go to the detention class. It wasn't far. A couple of minutes of walking brought him up to the detention class. He got inside and the one to welcome him was non other than Ms. Hau. She just stared at him with a mean smirk on her face. She was sitting on the teacher's desk simply waiting for him. She found pleasure in getting Shiro in detention with every chance she could find. Shiro didn't say hi to her. He simply walked to the back of the class to a desk that was there and sat down with his head lowered. He would just knock his fingernails to his desk, waiting for his time to end. Ms. Hau kept staring at him.
“Why are we not starting yet?” asked Shiro.
“We are waiting for another student.” she said with her high pitched voice.
“Whatever.”he said as he lowered his head again.
As soon as he finished his sentence a female figure walked in. He slowly raised his head to face the person who had entered. He saw a thin figurine that was complemented by her medium height. He saw her red hair that were reaching her shoulders. Her thick black glasses covered her big, deep, blue eyes. Her face was different than usual girls. She didn't smile. Instead she seemed bored. She was wearing the usual school uniform with the black skirt that was long enough to reach her knees and a black jacket with white buttons that covered her waist instead of the white shirt she wore on the inside like most of the girl students do.
“Asuka Tsukuda. I'm here for the detention.” she said bored.
Shiro lowered his head once again. Asuka walked towards the far back of the class. She didn't bother to look at Shiro a bit. She just sat down there and placed her feet upon the desk. Ms. Hau stood up and walked in front of her desk. She smiled once more before she opened her mouth.
“Well then, since we're all here.....Let the detention begin.”she said laughing in front of the faces of the students.
Thus the detention begun.


2
Asuka was playing with her hair for most of the time in the detention. Shiro barely did anything. His head remained down for the biggest part of detention and Ms. Hau was sitting in the teacher's desk solving crosswords. The small, white room would smolder any indication of fun and creativity. Perfect for punishment. Shiro was no stranger to this room. He'd been in this room more times than he's been to a beach. He never deserved to be there though. Most times Ms. Hau would use him as an scapegoat and put him without ever doing something. Shiro had his head covered by his hands to avoid looking at anything but Asuka next to him peaked his interest a bit. He never recalled seeing her in the school before yet she seemed so familiar to him. He thought that she was rather beautiful to have detention. He let his hands loose a bit so he can have a quick glimpse of her through a small opening. The moments he laid eyes on her she turned her head and with a squint of her eyes stopped him. He looked down on his desk again.
“What's up with her?” he thought to himself.
“She looks like she's my age but I don't remember ever hearing her name nor seeing her face.”he whispered to himself.
Ms. Hau got up from the desk and put down her pen and magazine with crosswords. She didn't talk to them. She just left the class with no words at all. Asuka saw her leaving and her glazed face turned slightly puzzled.

She's going to the toilet.”said Shiro out loud.
Asuka turned her head to see him. Her left eyebrow was raised a bit.
“How do you know.”she asked.
Shiro raised his head out of his hands and looked back at her. He smirked a bit before he answered.
“She always goes to the toilet after the first three crosswords. She has something like a timer or something I don't know. But if she went there now that means we have an hour left or so.” he said as he kept seeing her blue eyes.
She turned her head in front of her. Shiro kept starring her waiting for some reaction, word or noise to come out of her. Asuka gave him a quick glimpse and turned in front again. She could feel his gaze all over her and that irritated her.
“Is there something you want?” she asked with a slightly raised voice.
“Why are you here?” Shiro asked to satisfy his curiosity.
“None of your business.” she answered.
“What class are you from?” he asked again.
Asuka's hand started shaking a bit.
“None of your business.”she answered once more.
“You know, Ms. Hau wont be back for, I don't know twenty minutes? I can go on for that long.”he said with a smirk on his face.
“I don't care.”she said with a twitchy eye.
“Alright. Fair enough.” he said as he lowered his head once more.
Asuka let out a long breath and her hand stopped shaking a bit.
“How about I tell you what you are not.”said Shiro with his head inside his arms.
Asuka stood up from her seat with her fist ready to hit him in the head.
“You are not from the school.”he said calmly.
Asuka stopped her fist a mere moment before it reached Shiro's head. Her eyes opened a bit.
“You are not a student here, ain't that right?” he said as he looked at her with a grin on his face.
Asuka grabbed her chair and brought near him. Her hand didn't shake this time nor her eye was twitchy. Her eyes were opened wide and she listened to everything Shiro said. She tried to say a few things but for some reason she struggled a bit.
“What makes yo-”she was interrupted mid sentence by Shiro.
“Your jacket. School dress code forbids it to be tied around our waists as long as we are at school. Pretty stupid rule right?” he said while pointing on her jacket.
“Then why didn't Hau tell me to fix it?” she asked
Asuka looked at him in wonder. They were bright pink patches on her cheeks and her eyes seemed brighter.
“As long as I'm here she won't care about anyone else. She has a crush on me.”he said with cynicism.
“Besides, if you were a student here I think you would be popular with boys. Red hair, blue eyes and stuff. You are far too gorgeous to go unnoticed.”he said as he laid back in his chair.
Asuka blushed a bit and turned her head to the floor. She wanted to avoid Shiro watching her like that.
“Great. I'm in detention with a tsundere.”he thought.
“Why didn't you say anything to your teacher if you knew?” she asked with a more serious tone than before.
“I don't want to.”he said plainly.
“What?” said Asuka surprised.
Shiro just lowered his head inside his arms once more.
“Hey, I'm talking to you.” she said to him with a raised tone.
“How about that? You tell me why you are here and how you got in and I'll tell you why. Deal?”said Shiro as he extended his hand to shake on it.
Asuka looked at his hand for a bit. She seemed like she was going to give the hand but something held her back.
“I can't say.”
she said as she took her hand back.
“Well that's a shame.”he said and shrug his shoulders.
Footsteps could be heard from outside the corridor. A shadow that was growing with each footsteps could be seen from both their seats. Ms. Hau stepped in the class with a smirk on her face and sat down to her desk once more. Asuka pulled the jacket from her waist and quickly put it on. Ms. Hau did not seem to bother watching her one bit. Shiro looked at her and smiled. But his smile did not last for long.
“He is coming. Find me, Shiro.”the voice echoed in his head again loudly.
Shiro let out a scream of pain he placed both his hands on his head and tried his best to contain his scream. Both Ms. Hau and Asuka looked at him with their eyes wide open.
“Sureta? What's going on?”asked Ms. Hau as she was putting her pen and crossword down.
Shiro's entire body started shaking. He started pulling his head and the scream he would let out came faster than he could handle.
“Aaaargh”he screeched.
Asuka had already stood up and went to him. She had placed her hands to his shoulders but she didn't know what to say to him. Her jaw was wide open bu no word came out.
“Not again.”he mumbled.
“Why now?”he said again.
“Hey, smart-a*s focus on me.”she said to him while holding him tightly.
Ms. Hau slowly walked towards Shiro's seat as well.
“Sureta? This is no joke.”she said with her tone raised to the sky.
“He is near.”yelled the voice once more.
Shiro looked around him with his entire body shaking. Cold sweat had started dropping from his forehead. Even a buzzing noise tortured his ears. He let out a scream of excruciating pain once more.
“Hey, hey. Listen to me. Everything is going to be fine, alright! Do you need anything?”Asuka asked while looking around, trying to see what Shiro was looking.
“Someone's coming.” said Shiro and jumped out of his seat.
He ran towards the door and shut it with all his might. Ms. Hau and Asuka watched with their eyes pinned to him. Asuka looked out of the window. The clouds had covered the sun entirely, the wind howled like an angry wolf and shook the trees with force. She instinctively clenched her fists.
“He feels it too?” she asked herself.
She grabbed the chair behind her and run towards the door. She startrd barricading the door.
“What are you both doing?”said Ms. Hau as tried to move to them.
“Listen, Ms. Hau I can't quite explain it to you but you need to go to the back of the class. Hey, Shiro was it? Help me with this desk.”said Asuka as she tried to lift the desk on her own.
Shiro looked at her with a weird expression on his face. He gulped but stayed silent.
“Look you are right. Someone is coming.”she said with her eyes lit up.
“I only wish I knew who it was.”she thought to herself.
Shiro moved. With a few steps reached the desk and grabbed the desk with Asuka. They both moved to the door and placed right in front of it. Asuka nodded to his and they kept stacking chairs and desks to the door.
“This won't last.”said Shiro as he backed to the wall.
The wind outside howled even more than before. The window started shaking a bit.
“How do you know?”asked Asuka.
Shiro looked at her with eyes haning a more dark shade of brown than usual.
“I, I just do.”he said reluctantly.
All of them moved to the back of the class with Ms. Hau asking what was going on and none of them answering her. From far, a big noise was heard that shook Shiro to the bone.
“He is here.”said Shiro as he leaned on the wall.
“He?”said Asuka as she was Shiro moving back.
The noise kept growing bigger and bigger. The ground wouldn't shake but the they all felt the weight of the noise.
“Footsteps.” thought Shiro.
The footsteps felt closer and closer with each second. The loud noise echoed again and again in Shiro's mind. Both he and Asuka gulped and tried to go further back but the wall stopped their movements.
“That's enough of this foolishness.”said Ms. Hau as she walked to the door.
“Ms. Hau no.”yelled Shiro.
“Shut your mouth Shiro. You've outdone yourself this time. For once in your life stop trying to do something stupid. God. You are smarter than the entire school yet you act like a child. I hoped that the constant detentions would put some sense into that mind of yours but you keep finding ways to escape reality.”she said with every breath inside her body.
Ms. Hau started taking down the chairs from the door.
“Wait, she...she cares for me?”he asked himself.
“Ms. Hau you don't understand. Shiro stop her.”she said but in vain.
He was frozen by the words of Ms. Hau. The noise stopped for a sec. Asuka looked at Shiro. They fet that something wasn't right. The raging gusts of wind had stopped as well.
“See, I knew this was nonse-”said Ms. Hau as a blast outside the door knocked her right into the wall.
“No!” screeched Shiro.
Asuka jumped in front of him and placed her open hands in front of her.
“Stay down. Check if Ms. Hau is ok. I'll handle this.”said Asuka while her hands shook.
“What was that blast?”they both thought.
The entire wall holding the door had broken down to pieces of rumble. Dust flew around the class, showing a thin figure.
“It's been some time since I used this.”said the man.
The man stepped outside the dust and appeared in front of Asuka. His green messy hair had some dirt in them. His clothes were filled in dust.

© 2018 AegonTar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
Added on May 8, 2018
Last Updated on May 8, 2018

Author

AegonTar
AegonTar

Greece



About
Ever felt that you were never good at something and that you too afraid to try something or too anxious to do it. Well me in a nutshell more..