It Is, After All, The Flaws That Make Us Perfect

It Is, After All, The Flaws That Make Us Perfect

A Poem by Aella.lives

They see perfect, where I see the flaws.

With a million different hopes, there are a million lives forgotten.

Crumbled away at the shore, pieces of the infinite.

Where you once stood.

Where it all began.

 

They see timeless, where I see decay.

Shining with joy on the surface,

Something always must lurk beneath.

Just enough to make you grand.

Just enough for me to see.

 

They see grace, where I see your own need.

Pounding strongly against ribs is a heart that aches.

Lips pulled tight in a warm message,

There is something else beneath.

I see the beneath.

 

They see a resolution, where I see their blindness.

Heavy eyes strung tight against your cheeks,

Heat coloring you mask.

I peel it away,

So that they can see. 

© 2011 Aella.lives


Author's Note

Aella.lives
I really hope this makes sense to everyone. This is based on a scene in a story where there are several angels on a beach and they're mourning the death of God (sorry I know that's blasphemous) but that's not the point in the story, anyway, it's about a man who takes over God's position and he has to come to terms with the fact that he is righteous even though he believes he's far from it. It's a beautiful love story between a man and an angel.

I took the synopsis and kind of twisted it into my own personal poem. Of course the beginning is based on that scene with the beach "where it all began".

So that's why the speaker is trying to get everyone else to realize 'he' is perfect but he also has flaws. It is, after all, the flaws that make us perfect.

-This is not meant to be a religious piece. I'm pretty sure that's obvious, but I want to make that clear-

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What I got from this piece versus what I understand from your author's note are very different. I see this as someone who stands back and looks at someone who everyone else thinks is beautiful and perfect and the person watching knows better. The person watching says "watch this" I will pull back the mask so you can see what is really here. I think perhaps the person watching sees the pain of the one who is seen to be perfect and wants those around to stop looking at this person that way and see who and what they really are. Just my thoughts.........I loved your piece by the way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The heavy eyes, and "a" beautiful nosy soul, came to an agreement....
Nice write.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2011
Last Updated on November 22, 2011
Tags: poetry, flaws, perfection, pain

Author

Aella.lives
Aella.lives

Bitter Isles, GA



About
I write poetry and occasionally short stories as a hobby... I am so completely lost in what I want to do with my life.. But I enjoy what little bit of life I do have... I have a cat named Elvis and .. more..

Writing