The Last Giant

The Last Giant

A Story by Aeolian
"

A little flash fiction fan fiction based off my favorite dark souls 2 fan theories.

"
Lo, I am a wretched empty thing.

A  mighty warrior beaten then discarded to languish here. Too broken to pull myself from the pit where she left me. I once was lord and leader, feared and mighty. Mine was the sword that would take back what he stole. My army the knife that would make his country bleed. Now I am nothing, a hollow relic frozen in time.

I am oft left to wonder what became of my war, what became of my kind. When the silence echoes in this empty place I think myself the last of them. Taken in battle to be entombed here while the others fought and fell. As a living memorial, prisoner of the earth.

Then I weep. For even I, hollowed as I am, know I make a poor substitute.

But today is different from the long void of empty days. Today the familiar clang of steel on steel breaks the endless silence. Today some force makes the hollows above stir. And I know in my bones that my long awaited death rides down on that chain elevator.

My joints ache hearing the elevator stop. I listen with baited breath to the fight just outside my prison. Just one more slice, one more parry, and death will finally free me from my forgotten tomb. A hand slips through the fog and my bones begin to tremble, not in fear but anticipation. Then I see her face and my fleeting joy escapes me.

I expected death to step through that fog, but I didn’t expect it to wear her face. That woman, stepping straight from memory and into my prison. I’d think it more madness but I remember her too well to be fooled by delusion. Like some hateful specter she’s returned, somehow untouched by the lifetimes I’ve languished here. As if to make one last insult before putting me down.

Staring blankly at her I feel something for the first time in an eternity of nothingness. And in a single instant I am consumed by it. An overwhelming hatred, an all devouring fury the like of which I’ve never felt. I look to her watching me and I want to scream. My voice, unused for decades echoes out a formless moan. But it’s not enough, I want to smash her, stomp her, END HER.

I jerk violently in place, blind to pain. The stone pillar through me snaps and I am filled with new found purpose. I twist and pull at my trapped arms, moaning and screaming in a frenzied rage. Agony shoots through me as I free each mangled arm, but it does not slow me. I rise to my feet, charge at her, and know nothing but hatred.

And in these, my final moments, I am full once more.

© 2015 Aeolian


Author's Note

Aeolian
Pretty proud of this, finally have it to the point where I feel it's a final draft. So if you see an issue mention it! I'd really like to make this piece as close to perfect as I can. Long story short, tear this to pieces. :3

For those who are curious about the game/theory on this character heres a little backstory. The Last giant is the first boss fight of the game, this piece takes place right before/the start of that fight where when you walk through the fog wall the boss totally freaks out and charges at you in a rage. Seriously mid fight the dude rips his arm off to try and hit you with it. Much later in the game you go through a weird... time memory thing? Where you fight The Giant Lord who looks a lot like the last giant, has a really similar move set, and you fight him right above where you fight The Last Giant in the games opening. Lots of people, myself included are convinced it's the same giant who ends up trapped down there after you beat him. Hence you know all his hate.

I really like writing powerful emotions, so I had a lot of fun with this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love this, you feel for this giant. Not just pity, or sadness, but you feel each emotion he is going through. It makes you really want to get to know him, how it all happened and to see him in his glory standing tall. I want to see him choke her life away as he gains his own back!! Bravo!!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 18, 2015
Last Updated on November 18, 2015
Tags: Dark Souls, 2, Last, Giant, Flashfiction, Lord, Dark

Author

Aeolian
Aeolian

Worcester, MA



About
My name's Camille, I'm 24, and if you asked me my least favorite thing to write I'd answer About Me's every damn time. I'm a writer in name only lately, mostly unfinished works, half baked ideas, .. more..

Writing
L-O-V-E L-O-V-E

A Poem by Aeolian


Heartless Heartless

A Screenplay by Aeolian