Goodbye... my love!

Goodbye... my love!

A Story by Aey
"

His struggle ends (only had he wished) when a regular middle-class boy lands a big role against the leading actress only to end up falling for her. But was it really love? Was it all really worth it?

"

Death of a Stranger

Present Day    

                                  

Not just an ordinary drizzle an immense cloudburst indeed, as if the god has unleashed its full force to fight a battle, going to be fought between the guards of heaven and hell. People gathered with their tiny umbrellas thinking they could save them from this cloudburst. Every spate of drop falling on the ground resonates thousands of horses tapping together towards a warfare; never seen, never heard before. Everybody is donning their suits making it evident a party was going on before this accident or a murder took place, who knows?


Almost everyone is in sheer shock and absolute dilemma looking at this young crippled before their eyes, lying flat on the ground. The blood is spilled all over in the midst of the rain. The head is bleeding profusely like a tap was left open and the blood has rushed out of the veins after a long desperate wait of ages. Someone must have thrashed his head it appears, with a hammer or a rod before he was thrown from the terrace to die. To everyone’s surprise he was still alive. His entire body was trembling in pain the head has become so wrecked that it’s quite impossible to say that there is anything left within it, unbroken. His eyes have turned into something else; gloomy, sorrow peeping out of them, which the accident must have brought. They were frightened, looking at the people, whispering about this ailing body and its tragedy.


Even the extremity of pain seemed meaningless compared to his struggle, everything was beyond words, and the reality was rather distant from one’s imagination. It became evident to him that his end is near. And then it happened, right in that moment, it appeared a thousand watt electric shock runs through his body; trembling multiplied by million as if possessed by a devil. He was suffocating like a prey, who longs for his life right before he’s hunted in the middle of the forest in despair.


Suddenly, the body stops moving, but not those eyes; they glanced around as if seeking someone’s glimpse one last time; maybe she wasn’t there. He grasps his last breath; whispers “Peace...”


“What a terrible sight? Oh my god” an old lady among the gathering cries in a frightened voice. “Can someone at least call the doctor, please?”


“No use, he’s already gone”


“Well, he’s free now, at least.” Someone else says from the crowd.


“Too young to be dead”


“Good for him. Can’t you see? He was in such pain then, he’s out of misery now.” Everyone present started gossiping about him, his life, and his tragedy without having slight of an idea of who he was, what he did, whom he loved.


In a ghost land of shallow strangers emerged a shadow from nowhere; there she was, alone sobbing like a dear one was lost. A beloved; may be a lover, only she knows? She puts her fingers on her lips slightly shifting the right hand on to her waist in disgust; weeping. She has been transcending to some other world. Every now and then, she looks around resting her eyes again gazing the corpse. There was a cyclone in her eyes, but the body is dead still like the sea right before a storm. The whole site seems dreadful to her; she looks as much in pain as the dead must have felt before his end. She had bruises on her hands appear to be fresh seemingly the least concerned pain to her now.


Suddenly, a stranger rushes to his aid; he is startled to see the body of the dead. As he approaches he starts weeping and mumbling something. “OH MY GOD. Look, what happened?”


A glimmering smile appeared in the moment of pain and agony without seeking anyone’s attention. There was a shine in her eyes. Like a ghost lord of the dark world, she whispers to herself “You have got, what you deserved Mr. WE ARE JUST GOOD FRIENDS” And, a smile reflected on her face again, which of course, nobody noticed.


The stranger kneels down next to the body “hey brother listen to me, hey Toney” with his own hands he lifts the head and puts it on his lap. He looks into his eyes, and yes, Toney’s eyes were still wide open; red with blood. Even the death could not take away the deep sorrow in them. But then, there was a smile reflecting on that poor face.


Although, the blood was still there on the head, yet he makes Toney’s hairs, which have become greasy with the blood soaked in it.


“Wake up brother” there was a strange sudden pain in his voice appears to be unbearable. Anyone could relate to his loss; his brother departed, too much to bear a young boy weeping like a baby, whose favourite toy just got crushed by a car leaving behind the pieces, doesn’t even resemble anywhere close to what it used to be once. He leans forward to kiss the forehead and closes Toney’s eyes “Good bye, brother. Rest in peace” slightly shifting towards his ear, he whispers “F**k you, brother”

© 2020 Aey


Author's Note

Aey
I would highly appreciate if you could give me any feedback regarding this piece of work.

Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

12 Views
Added on June 24, 2020
Last Updated on June 24, 2020
Tags: love story, thriller, romance, crime, drama, jealousy, fiction, fantasy, sad story, crime drama

Author

Aey
Aey