A Strange land and a tale of appreciation!

A Strange land and a tale of appreciation!

A Story by Afra Ahmed

It’s all set! Amelia re-checked her passport, luggage and other essential belongings for the third time! No, no I am getting late for the flight; Amelia recalled her mind. Keeping her house and plants in a super secured mode she stepped out from her home. This time Amelia’s’ solo trip will end to Bergen, Norway!

Norway is completely a new country for Amelia. However, most of her solo trips ended to her native land Indonesia. She never thought of having a trip to Norway. A few months back, luckily, she got an invitation letter from her workplace to go for a short trip to Norway for an important assignment. As she was known as a solo traveler, they didn’t think anymore to choose her for the work. Amelia also agreed not to miss this pleasant opportunity.

Fifteen hours passed and Amelia landed her feet on a strange land for the first time. A cool breeze was roaming around her body due to over excitement of an entire new place. Swiftly she managed her overdoing feelings and set out for the hotel that was being booked from her office.

In Oslo, Amelia stayed two days to complete her assigned work. Though she was here to do her office work, her soul was feeling a travel vibe. So, immediately finishing her assignment she went to get the bus for Bergen!

Amelia was getting the true feeling of a strange land here in Bergen. As it was December, there was cool wind blowing and sometimes the wind was getting so hard. Moreover, the snow falling was adding more to it. Small cottages, tiny shops and neighboring hills all were covered up with heavy snow. People were enjoying hot coffees and delicious snacks by the lakeside restaurants. It was evening time and Amelia thought to get herself a hot coffee and sat by the side of lake. It was going fantastic until the intense wind hit her face first then to her whole body. It was getting worse until she could have managed to realize the situation. Everyone was running for a safe shelter wherein Amelia was struggling with her head scarf. The intense wind was almost taking off her head scarf. She neither find any pin to fix it immediately, nor any place to get new ones. Her heart was shacking drastically due to fear for the first time in this trip on a completely strange land. Time passed and the wind condition got worst. Amelia lost all her hope in fear and tear started to fall on her cheek.

Suddenly a woman approached to her after observing her condition. The lady described, she was observing her condition for last one hour and understood her miserable condition. For that reason, she came forward to help her with some pins. The next few sentences from the lady made Amelia emotional. She said, ‘I realized the head scarf is very expensive to you as your belief, trust and emotion is being attached along with this. So, quickly I ran to you with some pins to give you comfort in this windy condition’. Amelia thanked her from the core of her heart though thanking her was not enough to honor her heartiness. The lady invited her to stay in her shop until the wind stops.

Amelia was not ready to accept this amount of heartiness from a completely unknown person on an entire strange land. Her heart filled with immense respect for the lady and also for the country Norway. A strange land can feel like a home if the people in it shows cordiality and love towards the newcomers. Amelia’s trip to this strange land would count as a tale to tell the world to nurture the humanity!

© 2020 Afra Ahmed


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on October 2, 2020
Last Updated on October 2, 2020
Tags: Cordiality, Humanity, Respect

Author

Afra Ahmed
Afra Ahmed

Bangladesh



About
A sunset lover who wants to tell some stories and spread the positive vibes all around. more..

Writing
Worth Worth

A Story by Afra Ahmed