Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Chapter by Ahmad Cox

     After Rebecca left the cafe she was still on a high after running into Mrs Carrington ealier. She was truly counting her blessings as she began  to  see the twist of fate and circumstances  that had brought them together that morning and she was still feeling that sense of  calm and happiness that always came when she was in her pressence.  
     Rebecca was just about to head back to her dorm room when she saw Alice walk by. She almost  could not believe her  good luck when she began to flag down her friend and tell her about the conversation she just had with Mrs Carrington. As she was  talking with Alice she could see her green and beautiful eyes grow wide with awe and  wonder as she exclaimed, She sounds absolutely wonderful and lovely Rebecca. I am glad you were able to form that really strong connection with someone else and  maybe one of these days I will get get the chance to run into her in person.
  

     By  that point Rebecca and Alice  had made it back to the dorm room when Rebecca asked, Hey Alice I have been meaning to ask you all week but I forgot. Do you have classes on Friday or are you free? Alice quickly responded by saying that she was free for the day and wanted to spend time with Rebecca if she did not mind spending time with Alice and Rebecca responded by saying she was thinking the same thing. Rebecca  could not think of a better companion to spend her day with other than her mighty little friend Alice. 

 
     As soon as Rebecca was with Alice she felt a sense of peace and strength radiating off of her that she always appreciated when she was around her and it was almost like Alice was transferring some of her positive energy to Rebecca as well. Rebecca was counting her blessings again when she had to look back at where she used to be and how much she had to go through to get to the point she was at now. It was amazing to see just how far she had come emotionally in the last couple of days but she also knew in her heart that she would have never gotten nearly as far if not for Alice and Mrs Carrington helping her along the way. 
     At that point Rebecca felt  a great wave of gratitude wash over her as she began to realize that she was being watched over and protected at that moment and at the same time she felt an overwhelming sense of love that grew from her heart into the rest of her body but she also felt  a calm that she always felt when she was with Alice. She was grateful to have Alice in her life. She  could not even imagine how differently things might have been if Alice was not been there to greet her on her first day there.
    Before she knew what she was saying or doing she found herself looking up and saying. Thank you God for Alice. I know we have not always been on good terms but I know you sent Alice to watch over me. I truly appreciate it. You knew more than anything else I wanted  a  really good friend and I can't think of anyone else who has been able to touch and reach me like she can. I truly believe we are soul mates and I know it was you who bought us together so I just wanted to say thank you.
      Rebecca realized that Alice must have heard what she said because she said I truly believe we are soul mates too and I also believe that God brought us together as well. It  is  just too perfect and good to be otherwise I have faith that God is watching over the both of us and I pray that he will give you that peace and love that I know you are searching for and I  don't mind sharing some of my love with you. You are more dear to me than I think you realize and I love you with all of my soul and heart and I can't imagine a better friend or person to share my love.
 As she looked into the eyes of her new friend she knew that every word she spoke was truth and as Alice looked back at her she knew that she felt the same for her. Rebecca had never felt a connection with another human this strong before but somehow it felt right all the same.


© 2015 Ahmad Cox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 24, 2015


Author

Ahmad Cox
Ahmad Cox

San Jose, CA



About
My name is Ahmad and I have posted a lot of my poetry on hellopoetry.com but I wanted to check out this site and see if I can start posting and reading poetry here. more..

Writing
Thoughts Thoughts

A Poem by Ahmad Cox


Diversity Diversity

A Poem by Ahmad Cox