princessdom

princessdom

A Story by AidanTonbridge
"

This is written as is on purpose... as if, much like other brosef.com posts, to leave it to the reader to fully define as they see fit.

"
















Not a soul in the kingdom knew how she had done it.  For if they had, they most certainly would not have been in a state to divulge such sought after information, given that such a state would require said soul to be of the “alive human” variety.


To call it a massacre would have been an injustice to the beauty of it all.  And to call it beautiful would have been a grievance to the atmosphere of pure unadulterated terror that filled those walls during “the act” (as it was, and still is to this day, so aptly referred).  An act that could have arguably made every extremity of even the most vile Viking sailor crinkle and tense in repulsion.  Something so inviolable that to speak of one’s incestuous relations with his children or his recent bouts of difficulties whilst in the latrine would considerably have been the more preferred topics of discussion.

“Did you hear?... Did you hear about the princess?” they would say. “I heard those lucky enough to have been privy to her ‘engagements’ took their own lives before she was even within an arrow shots distance!”

“Shhhhh!” they would yell…. as if the walls themselves acted as a servant to her, dutifully recording every spoken word within its reach.  “We mustn’t speak of the act lest she scrapes our throats up to the tongue!”





© 2011 AidanTonbridge


Author's Note

AidanTonbridge
FYI: brosef.com is a doodle blog where Aidan Tonbridge draws first, then writes whatever comes to mind after seeing what he's drawn. There is no consistent format to what he posts (could be a screenplay, dialogue, a story, etc.)

I welcome all feedback. Check out brosef.com for other posts!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011

Author

AidanTonbridge
AidanTonbridge

Philadelphia, PA



About
Creator of brosef.com: a doodle blog. An interesting character. Loves apple fritters. Has an alter ego. Is tall. Welcomes constructive (or rage-fueled) criticism. more..

Writing
8LS1 8LS1

A Chapter by AidanTonbridge


8LS2 8LS2

A Chapter by AidanTonbridge