Amongst The Tall Grass: Prolouge

Amongst The Tall Grass: Prolouge

A Story by Aimee Olivera
"

The prologue to a book that I am writing, please read and review!!!

"

Two young girls were sitting together on a broken, spay-painted bench in a train station. They are alone; their only companions were an old man who lay asleep in a corner, the ticket seller who was setting up his booth for the day, and the rats that scurried across the dark tracks. The sky was still dark, the sun just beginning to peep over the dilapidated warehouses, its faint morning glow barely visible through the city smog.

The girls were quite young, and if it had been a more sensible time of day, around noon perhaps, then they would not have been left in peace. Middle-aged women would have butt in their noses to say, “Where is your mother dearies?” and well-intentioned policemen would have politely asked, “Now then, what you kiddies doing here all alone?”

And of course if this had happened then the girls would have said that their mother was with the angels and that they were here to catch a train; being honest girls. But that would never have done, for it would simply lead to further questions, and the children would have been sent off to a children’s home.

So we must be glad that it was hardly dawn and that all of the middle-aged ladies were still in bed, and the well-intentioned policemen were at home, tucking in to a good fry up, because if the girls had been sent away then we should have had no story to tell.

© 2014 Aimee Olivera


Author's Note

Aimee Olivera
PLEEEEEEAAAAASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 25, 2014
Last Updated on October 27, 2014

Author

Aimee Olivera
Aimee Olivera

Cork, Ireland



About
Never judge a book by its cover, I am 13, do not read my work with that in mind, judge me as if I were an adult. Criticism is only reasonable if you have a reason. more..

Writing