Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by TonyJay
"

The mysterious fortune...

"

 

“I see a terrible moment in your future. It is filled with much darkness and a death of someone very close to you.” The words came out too fast catch a single breathe, yet it seemed an eternity between each word. “These words may not be light on the mind, but spoken they must be nonetheless." She could not hide a single terrifying remark. She struck another quick glance at the cards, lying on the table before her. Tales of grief came from these mystical cards like rays from the sun itself. Antique cards her grandmother have given her when she was a youngster. As she grew older, these story-tellers became her job and, even more, her life.

            She had always tried her hand at telling her parent’s future, but usually settled for another mere gaze at the beautiful cards. A sparkle sets into her eyes every time she fancied herself to tell yet another fortune.

            An obvious downfall to seeing the unknown is that not all futures are so bright. But, no fortune was ever this blunt and wretched as this. Flushed of all color, the client’s face both extended the terror of the moment, and reflected the thoughts concealed in the tellers mind as the words spilled out.

 



© 2011 TonyJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011


Author

TonyJay
TonyJay

Neola, IA



About
Writer born in Valparaiso, nebraska. I am currently looking for a publisher for my first book. I love sports and reading, but have become an inspiring author. Though I am only 16 I have won state and .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TonyJay