Chapter 2: The ominous enviroment

Chapter 2: The ominous enviroment

A Chapter by TonyJay

She could only see black around her, nothingness. Out of nowhere a grayish hue appeared as light. A smudgy figure was standing off in the distance. No matter how much she tried to fix her eyes, the figure, and the light around it, was too blurry. She began to run towards the figure, speeding up has she got closer. The rays of light became whiter. And the figure became clearer, yet she had trouble, still, trying to make out what she saw. As she got within twenty feet, from what looked like a man, things became blurry once more…  

She awoke to a squawking noise, then a loud crash. It was Jax; he must have knocked down his food bowl in hopes to wake her from her slumber. As she panted hard, her chest felt tight. She removed herself from the couch. She stood then walked towards the sink, though feeling very dizzy in the process.

She grabbed a glass from the overhead cupboard, filled it with water from her sink, and tried to swallow. Finally, her body loosened and her breathing started slowing down enough to compose herself. After she had a chance to grasp what had just happened in the last confusing minutes, she started looking for Jax's feed. It was 15 minutes past six and she was late feeding Jax. She couldn’t find anymore feed, she must be out

It was still early enough to walk to the grocery shop and pick up some more food, for her as well. So, she rounded up her things, then blew a kiss to Jax as she slipped out the door and out onto Harold street. The shop did not close until 7 which gave her plenty of time to venture the ten minute walk.

She would take a more leisure travel, seeing how she had plenty of time. As she turned the final corner and walked down the final block, the sunset stole her gaze. It was simply beautiful in Delaware this time of year. Fall had a heart-filled landscape that blossomed with radiant beauty. It was roughly around 55 degrees this September evening.

She found, with little time spent, the items she was looking for. She them paid the total and scurried back to her house. She found Jax waiting for her by his empty, out of place food bowl. She picked it up and set it back onto the small coffee table near the couch she was napping on just before.

She then fancied herself a stroll through the nearby park to cap off such an unforgettable day. She undressed and slipped in to her jogging sweats. She took the same route with the exception of turning right, instead of left towards the grocery store. A man leashed to three dogs, then by an older couple who seemed to enjoy their own walk through the petite town park, passed her. The town of York had a population just over one thousand, but it was able to sustain two gorgeous parks.

She found herself, multiple times, roaming through both parks. All times had been just perfection in her heart. She always waited for the right days to come and waste her early evenings at these parks. However, she looked down at her wrist to check the time. It was 8:30, later than she thought, and was starting to darken fast.

She strode out her final loop through the walkway of the park and headed home. There was an unearthly feeling that fell upon her as she traveled through the night. She turned around to find nothing but leafs being scattered from the wind. Without losing a step she continued forth. Again the ominous environment forced her to look behind her. This time she saw a figure a mere thirty feet behind her.

After she had walked another block, she turned back a third time. It now looked much like a man; the figure was now only twenty feet from her and was visibly gaining on her every step.

She then tripped, on her own shoelace. She franticly pulled her self up. The man had to be right behind her so she started to run. She heard a crash behind her but decided not to look back, chancing another fall. She scurried to her doorstep and fumbled inside, locking the door behind her.

Feeling much safer, she built up the courage to look through the window and found the man walking past her house; a tall man, at least 6'4". Other than seeing how skinny he was, she couldn't make any other details.

Was that man after her, or was her instinct a false alarm? She was hoping for the latter. Though, she was almost certain her instinct was right when she saw the same gangly man walk past a second time, this time heading in the opposite way. It couldn’t have been another minute or so when she spotted him striding past her home again. Was he after her? Why was he patrolling her home? Her eyes must be playing notorious tricks on her mind, for she could have sworn she could make out just enough detail to recognize this man. The thought challenged her brain, but she could not think straight with her heart beating uncontrollably.



© 2011 TonyJay


Author's Note

TonyJay
Did the chase scene play out right?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on August 28, 2011
Last Updated on August 29, 2011


Author

TonyJay
TonyJay

Neola, IA



About
Writer born in Valparaiso, nebraska. I am currently looking for a publisher for my first book. I love sports and reading, but have become an inspiring author. Though I am only 16 I have won state and .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TonyJay