Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by TonyJay
"

Startin scene...

"

The dry and clear summer day was like any other in New York City. There were scattered clouds, a slight breeze, and people flooding the streets. In the small gated community of Pine Grove, much of the noise came only from the wind. Pine Grove had been cleansed of the business people, only home owners were permitted inside the fenced off settlement. Peace and quiet had continued on like normal.

            It took a mere three New York natives to produce the volume of all two hundred residence of Pine Grove. The village had primed itself on the lack of noise it created. That is how the wealthier members of the community wanted to live, silently. Pine Grove was privately owned; subsequently it took the generous donations of the CEO’s and retired couples to preserve the community.

            Pine Grove was gorgeous, especially in the fall, but even so now in the summer. All members of the gated community managed their lawns and kept a respectful look of sophistication. Even the streets were maintained to perfection, almost certainly because most everyone rode their bicycles within the settlement’s limits. It was humorous that these villagers as well owned only the utmost luxurious vehicles. The community housed numerous properly dressed, well-mannered, and intellectual members.

But, there was flaw amongst them all. Dirty pleasures and secret passions that would shock their neighbors lurked, as if the people did not have an abundant amount of problems to worry about. It could be, at times, difficult to obey every law that the Pine Grove Community Board could pass. The board had set limits to how high or low your fence could be, how much your pet could weigh, and how many visitors you could receive a month.

            Regardless of Pine Grove’s minor faults, the settlement was truly beautiful and could be considered heaven if New York was its hell. The gated community applied much effort into its appearance, and it seemed to show solid results. At times, there gave an impression of personal radiating light coming from Pine Grove, it truly was the place to live. The village was sanitary, secure, and economically successful; a Utopia in the making.

            Pine Grove even featured its own security force, though they have never been called upon. The members of the law enforcing team remained unutilized, but on call twenty-four seven. In light of recent success, they just hired their fifth officer to aide in the patrolling efforts. That was all the Pine Grove Security had to do besides the occasional lawn slip, warning community members that their yards needed to be mowed the following day.

            In essence, it was necessary to keep the security team, if only to keep civility stored in the minds of the residence of settlement. It was understandable that even Pine Grove was not prefect, but it was damn close. Not only Pine Grove as a whole, but each individual family seemed in a routine of success. It was believe that mothers and fathers did not argue, and the children obeyed every command given to them.



© 2011 TonyJay


Author's Note

TonyJay
Not completely all of chapter one, but good enough until i edit more of my writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on October 8, 2011
Last Updated on October 14, 2011


Author

TonyJay
TonyJay

Neola, IA



About
Writer born in Valparaiso, nebraska. I am currently looking for a publisher for my first book. I love sports and reading, but have become an inspiring author. Though I am only 16 I have won state and .. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5