Three + Steps

Three + Steps

A Chapter by Allison
"

Taking steps to learn.

"
Roy ended up revealing he just needed help with math for that night and put the script away. Emerald helped him with it until he had to go.

The next day, Roy took Emerald with him to the set to introduce her to the director. Emerald was nervous, but the director was all smiles and happiness.
"This will be your wife, Roy?" the director asked kindly.
"Yes, Cole, could you test her quick? Her name is Emerald," Roy replied.
"Of course, Emerald, could you please read this line and say it aloud with as much emotion you can muster?" Cole asked, handing her a piece of paper.
Emerald took it and read it. She thought of what emotion to use for it then put on her best expression. "Why do people always do this to me?! Just because I seem evil does not mean I am!" After she finished, she looked up at them.
They were both looking at her, while rubbing their chins in thought.
She looked at them, nervously waiting for a reply.
"Perfect," Cole finally said.
Emerald was baffled on the inside, but she remained in a calm expression. "Really?"
"Yes, you would fit the Countess's role."
"Countess?" Emerald questioned on.
"Roy is the Count; you are his Countess," Cole said as if she should know.
"This isn't a major part right?" she asked Cole, then looked over to Roy to see him look away quickly. Emerald looked back at Cole and saw him looking at Roy.
"He didn't tell you, that you're one of the main roles?" Cole asked then glanced back to her.
"No . . ." Emerald glared at Roy, while he still looked away with a smirk for an evil laugh in his mind.
"Don't worry. You'll do fine!" Cole encouraged, handing her her own script book.
Emerald flipped threw the pages quickly skimming the lines. "Roy . . . why did you lie?"
Roy looked over at her with a smile, thinking it might ease her mind. "You act ALL the time! You act mean, but I know you're not really that mean," he said calmly.
Emerald watched him with her poker face but was screaming on the inside, "But I'm not good at memorizing, idiot!!"
"Study your lines; they shouldn't be hard. Your character is very quiet and doesn't talk a lot."
Emerald actually read a few of her lines, and he was right. She barely said a five-word sentence more than four times in an act.
"Once you get closer to the last act, you will find you talk longer. But it would be the only big lines you have," Roy reassured her with a warm smile.
Emerald looked at him with a little fear in her eyes, but that changed to a small smile once she saw his smile.
He patted her on the back, "That's my wife!" He chuckled softly, and she chuckled slightly, also.

~The Story For The Play:~

The story of the play is about a human Count Elric, played by Roy, who fell in love with a human woman Veronica, played by Emerald. Later, a vampire attacked and infected Veronica, causing her to flee for a time. Elric sought for her, brought her back, and married her, making some of the townsfolk angry. Her appearance showed everything of a vampire: pale, red eyes, and the fangs. She could not blend into crowds without people panicking and running away. She was depressed with the peoples' reactions and would barely speak or leave her home. Elric was getting angry with everyone treating her this way. He called for a fancy dinner and invited some of the nobles to join them.
One of the noblewomen named Madeline attended. She spoke alone with Veronica and started to spit out threats and insults to her. Veronica replied calmly in her defense. Madeline noticed that Veronica was right; but because she hated being wrong, pulled out a knife and stabbed Veronica in the stomach. Quickly, to cover her actions, Madeline ran into the dining room screaming. All the shocked guests asked her what was wrong. Madeline then lied that Veronica was about to bite her, so she stabbed Veronica to defend herself.
All the guests instantly became angry at Elric and Veronica. Elric panicked and ran to Veronica to find her bleeding out on the floor. He picked her up and saw that her wound was already healed. Elric asked her what happened, and she told him what really happened. They went into the dining room, and saw everyone hovering over something. Elric asked what was wrong and the people moved to reveal Madeline dead with vampire bites on her neck. Suddenly, the same vampire that infected Veronica burst into the room behind Elric and Veronica. Everyone turned and gasped at him.
He smirked and called Veronica to come with him.
"You see? No one wants us here. Come with me. I can give you peace," is what he said.
Veronica shouts at him to leave, because he caused her suffering in the first place. But he refuses to leave and lunges at her. Quickly Elric grabs a sword hanging on the wall and stabs the vampire. The vampire puts up a fight and they move off the stage to finish the fight with Elric winning. Elric then told the baffled nobles, "See? She is not evil as you thought. She didn't want to join him."
With that, the nobles agreed and started to tell what happened to the whole town. Veronica was then more loved and trusted by the townsfolk, making it a happy ending for everyone . . . except Madeline and the vampire.
~ ~
"So I have to be a depressed vampire . . . exciting," Emerald expressed sarcastically about her character. They were eating lunch, while reading their scripts together one day.
"Don't forget the 'madly in love with me' part!" Roy exclaimed, sticking his tongue out.
"You should have just gotten an already-madly-in-love-with-you girl."
"No, she'd be all over me during the play then," Roy sniffed.
Emerald looked at him as if he was being ridiculously picky. "Anyways . . . who's the vampire that bites me then?"
"Um, Ethan," Roy replied.
"Who's Ethan?"
Roy looked at her like she was stupid.
"Let me guess . . . he's handsome and extremely popular?"
"Right-o!"
"And why isn't he the Count?"
"Because I'm more handsome!" Roy flashed a bright smile which faded quickly. "Don't tell me you'd rather have him as the Count!" His expression was of shock.
Emerald could not tell if he was acting or not. She replied, "I have no idea who he is! So why would I want him as the Count? Besides he's probably a prideful jerk."
Roy went wide-eyed at her reply.
"What?"
"'Prideful jerk,' huh, shorty?" Emerald heard an attractive voice behind her.
Emerald turned around to face the voice to see a tall and handsome guy looking at her with his lunch tray in hand. "Um . . ." she hesitated and her face started to burn from embarrassment.
"First impression equals 'Bad,'" Roy whispered to Emerald.
Suddenly Ethan started chuckling, making Emerald more confused. "Calm down, I'm not gonna go on a rampage about it. Just think, when I bite you, that will be my revenge for that remark," Ethan said with a smirk.
Emerald burned ten more shades of red, while he walked to his table.
"Does that mean he's actually going to bite you?" Roy asked with obvious curiosity.
Emerald groaned and slouched in her chair.
"Why didn't you just make him forget you said that?" Roy asked her.
"Because people were listening," Emerald frowned. "And I don't want to control people too much . . . only if I absolutely have to."
"Whatever you say." Roy went back to his food, and Emerald did, too.
Emerald was thinking through what happened then suddenly asked, "Wait, how did he know I'm the Countess?"
"I told him," Roy answered with food in his mouth.
Emerald exhaled with some anger.
"People need to know who you are, if you're playing a major rule, Emerald."
"Okay . . . "

The next day, the drama group gathered at the set to practice their lines together. Emerald noticed the blonde girl that tried asking Roy out the other day. Ethan came over to Roy and Emerald. Emerald already flushed with embarrassment on seeing him. "I will not control him, no matter how much I want to." she thought to herself, because she really wanted to disappear at that time.


© 2012 Allison


Author's Note

Allison
Please, tell me what you think. The play was randomly thought up. ^^'
Maybe I'll make it a play; I don't know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on April 21, 2012
Tags: love, invited, secret, power, different, changed, unexperienced, shy, invisible, two, control, quiet, outgoing, exciting, boy, girl, strange, awkward


Author

Allison
Allison

PA



Writing
The Lost The Lost

A Poem by Allison